main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ITT...I'm Batman (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Import_Jedi, Oct 27, 2010.

1. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    I figured Hathaway would be Catwoman. It's a good choice.

Bane though...this will be interesting...[face_thinking]

2. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Bane seems like a great choice for where Nolan's been going. I just hope Hardy doesn't overdo the steroids getting into shape and increase the Nolan Bat-Body Count...

3. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Tom Hardy's a big guy, I've no doubt he'll pull off Bane well. Plus, I doubt they'll go down the whole gimp/wrestler mask routine.

I'm more excited about Bane than Catwoman. A more dull Batman character there is not.

4. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    I imagine they'll have Bane snatch up the Batpod while he riding it, break it in half and throw it at Batman...

either way, it will make the truck flip look like nothing.

5. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    He's not Superman or the Hulk...especially not in Nolan's universe.

Plus I would expect that Batman would have a new vehicle by now, the Batpod seems more like an emergency vehicle, akin to the thinner batmobile escape mode in Batman Returns. I really hope they have Wayne Manor and the Batcave completed for this one.

6. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Dec 17, 2000

You monster.
    :p

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, I loves me some Hathaway too. Couldn't help but fall in love with her in LOVE AND OTHER DRUGS. And I bet she could fill the black leather outfit just fine.

As for Hardy, he was simply full of awesomesauce in INCEPTION and no doubt he can pull of an excellent version of Bane...sans the whole evil luchador outfit thing.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm sure, he's a good actor.
    But Bane is pretty hefty, in the whole "I've taken so many steroids I'm all veiny and huge" Pro Wrestler kind of way.

[image=http://www.nexternal.com/dreamland/images/bane.jpg]
    Hardy maybe could get that big, but I'm not sure it would be healthy.

9. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Meh. He seemed to have no problem implementing advanced systems in his secret bunker in TDK or in Wayne Tower to monitor cellphones without anyone noticing.

10. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Anne Hathaway = Catwoman?

Hot, but will it be good?

Hey, at least it's not Halle Berry! :oops:

11. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    This is awesome news! I'm glad to hear that Nolan went with recognizable villains for the final film. Like the majority of the "general audience", I don't read comics and have no idea who Talia al'Ghul is, so I was underwhelmed to hear her name being tossed around as a potential villainess. Hathaway is a good actress and Nolan knows how to avoid corniness and over-the-top cheese, so this should be a solid finale to the franchise.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Shame we couldn't have had Penguin or Clayface or a properly thought-out and complex Mr Freeze.

Still, Bane & Catwoman are known and popular characters and Nolan has shown he can deliver. I just wonder if they'll both be very different in his version.

13. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Dec 17, 2000
    Meh, it was the 90s. Everybody looked like that. :p

14. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Hathaway is a great choice for Selina. She should be able to be completely convincing in the physical aspects of the role, and I would question the sanity of anyone that doesn't think she has the acting chops to give us an alluring and vulnerable climbing socialite.

The choice of using Hardy and Bane is interesting, and could prove to be a continuation of Nolan's taking the core of a character and making it work differently in his world. When you strip the character of Bane down, what you have is a smart, calculating, determined individual who systematically took apart everything that made Batman, Batman while being able to take him on at a purely physical level also. So given Hardy's build, I don't think they'd even need to go down the 'Venom as a super-steroid cocktail' route and just make him every bit as much of a fighter and brawler that Batman is (use his comic South-American-prison-based background to show where he would have learnt it all) but instead something that is maybe more an adrenaline-based drug that allows for enhancement of existing prowess and extension of endurance/pain-tolerance.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Maybe he'll change it so that Bane uses his brains to make a Batman-like combat suit of his own so that he can match Batman in a fight. That way there would be no need to go down the route of using strange drugs and making him all super-human but he would still look cool and be really tough.

16. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I'm sure Bruce has been spending these last several years building the batcave at night instead of fighting crime. Once complete he'll come out of hiding to clear his name and batgrape Anne Hathaway.

17. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Bane in Batman 3....I predicted this two years ago. :)

As for Catwoman...cant help but wonder if Sean Young will start stalking Nolan now?

18. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Twenty bucks says "Venom" is nowhere to be seen in DKR, and that Bane is presented as the antithesis of Batman, which would make Nolan's trilogy a trilogy of films where Batman confronts sort-of doppleganger's of himself.

19. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    I think they should have chosen Halle Berry as Catwoman and then let Pitof guest-direct all of her scenes.

20. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    [image=http://www.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_7223/subcat_19735/Batman-vs.-Venom.jpg]

You sure you want to make that bet? :p

22. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Not necessarily. We still have Scarecrow as one of the last major narcotic chefs in Gotham.
    Last we saw him, he was handcuffed with Bryan the Batman impersonator.

But obviously they got loose, as days later, Bryan is back in costume and gets nabbed by the Joker.

We can easily assume that the good doctor is still running loose somewhere in Gotham, and could very well be a player in TDKR. :)
    [image=http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad108/DC-Universe/Scarecrow/001.jpg]
    At least I hope so. Because I'd like to see Scarecrow to really come into his own. :)

Order66Survivor likes this.
  23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Bane in the comics, at first, was a great Batman villain. I think Nolan will do it justice. I still think it'd be great to have a Ra's return, especially in the vein that Bane is a Batman opposite, possibly trained by Ra's. The two did team up in the comics and it came out rather well.

[image=http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/Veidt/annehathaway000.jpg]

[image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2037/2171698162_dfa59bf0b8.jpg]

Works for me.

24. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
    Dunno, somehow I think anything beyond simple steroids is too outlandish for the world Nolan has been so carefully creating.

25. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    this is the dumbest article ever. It's a cave. You don't have to build a cave. You just install lights and computers, a place to put the suit, and park the car there. what an idiot.

anyways, about the movie, title, villains, and cast:

for it.

all of it.