main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ITT...I'm Batman (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Import_Jedi, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Erm, as much as I enjoyed that interpretation of his character, I think the whole point of the Nolan take is that there's nothing for him to "grow" into. He's a scientist that came up with one innovation--the utility of which is dubious at best--and was immoral about trying to parlay that into success. He's not a super-genius, or an aspiring dictator, or some guy with a deeply wounded childhood. Just a weirdo trying to sell the one drug he invented.

2. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    he didn't really invent it. he just weaponized it. al ghul and the ninjas... whatever their name was, I forget now... already had it.

wayne was trippin on that stuff when he graduated from ninja school, 'member?

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    That can be said of a huge number of pharmaceutical products, though. Purifying and concentrating the active ingredient represents a legitimate discovery, in the same way that purified morphine was something different than the dried poppy resin that had been collected for thousands of years before.

4. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    all you had to do was crush the flowers....

edit:

and he wasn't a scientist, he was a psychologist. was it even clarified that HE was the one who specifically did that, anyway?

5. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    :oops:

I'll kill you, Tim Burton.

Slimy!

6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Uh he's a psychiatrist, which definitely falls under the scope of medical science.

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I could definitely see Tahlia doing this. But I think Ra's almost has to stay dead since they didn't recast Joker or bring back Two-Face. Despite not seeing a body, we did see Ra's injured early on and nearly die during that encounter. And then on the train, we saw him close his eyes moments before it hit. No time to jump. It would be too superhuman for Nolan.

8. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I feel like he needs to bring back the League of Shadows in some fashion to cap the trilogy. Its too big a thread to leave hanging.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  9. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, and it's a gigantic cave as seen in Batman Begins

10. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    It could be part of the plan.

I like the choice of Hathaway as Selina Kyle AKA 'Catwoman.' She could really knock it out of the park so to speak. She has been under used in many of her roles, mostly 'rom-coms' and such. With Chris Nolan behind this, I bet she becomes THE premier actress in Hollywood if they do it right!

My key predictions for this film is Batman "Laying Low" at the beginning and re-building Wayne Manor complete with an awesome 'Bat-Cave.' It will end with a 'cliffhanger' but neither Bale nor Nolan will return for more.

11. block

block Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2004
    As a close friend of Nolan, I've been provided with an early script. It goes like this.

At the end of the movie, Bruce Wayne returns home after finally defeating all of Gotham's baddies. Alfred comes to congratulate him and tells him his father would be proud of what he's done. Then, much to Bruces suprise, he tell's him that Rachel and the kids are waiting in the garden.

Bruce looks out the window at them, smiling. He heads to the garden door, but then pauses and turns to a nearby table. Close-up on his hands as he sets one of those bat ninja-star-thingies on end on the table holding it up with his fore finger. With his free hand, he flicks it and it starts to spin.

The camera pans back as he turns to walk into the garden.

The bat-star wobbles.

Or does it?

Black out.

Roll credits.

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Haven't really read Batman, so no idea who Bane is. Also haven't seen enough of Hathaway to decide if she's any good.

13. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Hathaway is an absolutely terrible choice. TERRIBLE.

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    How so?

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

15. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Hathaway can do no wrong in my books, and I look forward to see her step into new ground and be the mischievous villain.

16. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    So, how was her audition SLG? I assume you saw it, as it's impossible for you to know that it's a terrible choice without getting her thoughts on the character, a reading of the script and, y'know actual time with the actor.

17. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    If they have to do Catwoman, which I'm not thrilled about, I like Anne for the part. Especially if Nolan makes her character mischievous and carefree. It's probably the closest thing we'll ever get to Harley Quin, which is a majour bummer, and I just don't see why no director has ever had the balls to portray that character in any of the films.

I never wanted Robin, but would have loved to have seen a film with David and Cassandra Cain, and Lady Shiva. Somehow her Cassandra Cain's Batgirl really seems like it would have been a really good fit in nolan's universe.

Oh wells, hope this one is as good as the first two.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    By the way, the press release just says "Selina Kyle". No mention of the Catwoman identity anywhere. [face_whistling]

19. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    I wonder if at the end of the new film Gordon tells Batman that "The Inmates of Gotham escaped, including the Joker by someone helping on the inside, and that everything they've done has been undone." But Batman says: "We'll do it again then."

Basically end it like it will continue on, as Batman does to fight with seemingly no end.

And let's not forget Harvey Dent who may or may not be dead

20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Someone else pointed out that they only spoke about Harvey Dent when announcing for The Dark Knight. Two-Face wasn't revealed until later. And even then, much about it was kept as quiet as possible. I think it's a given we will see Catwoman. Otherwise, why do you need Selina? Vicki Vale could fill the love interest role. As could other women from the books.

21. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    I just hope Miss Hathaway learns how to use a whip.

FOR THE MOVIE. [face_mischief]

22. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Eckhart and Nolan have both explicitly stated Dent is dead and will not be returning.

23. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    There won't be a new Batman movie because it will be destroyed in the great earthquake. remember?

24. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Anytime Eckhart returning comes up, I cant help but think of the old Dead Parrot sketch.

Batman: Look, matey, I know a dead Two-Face when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Gordon: No no no, he's not dead...he's resting.

Batman: Well, if he's resting, lets wake him up! *starts kicking Eckhart* HELLO MISTER TWO FACE! THIS IS YOUR NINE O'CLOCK ALARM! *kicks him some more*

Gordon: Well, NOW you've just stunned him!

25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    =D=

Indeed. I can't think of anyone better, and I can think of many, many worse choices that, yes, might nail the babe physique but without any decent acting chops to go along with it.