main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT Unpopular but Correct Opinions

Discussion in 'Community' started by solojones, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    American chocolate is terrible.

FatBurt, Lordban and harpua like this.
  2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    That's only because "Hershey's puts milk through a process called controlled lipolysis that produces butyric acid, a chemical also found in Parmesan cheese and vomit and which helps give Parmesan cheese and vomit their unique flavor and smell."

Count Yubnub likes this.
  3. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Australian milk chocolate- whilst not as terrible as American chocolate- is nowhere near as good as chocolate found in most European countries, and Japan (from direct experience).

This is because the familiar brands such as Cadbury's put a higher percentage of cocoa butter in the chocolate, to supposedly prevent it melting so easily in the hotter weather. The ingredients are the same as UK Cadbury's, but the taste is different. Not as... chocolatey.

4. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Is that an unpopular opinion?

5. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Yes. It's wrongly labelling that stuff as "chocolate".

Diggy and Count Yubnub like this.
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think American chocolate has royally warped my perceptions or something, because I find the chocolate in Europe way, way too sweet to eat in anything but very small doses or diluted via ice cream form.

While theoretically this should probably lead to healthier eating habits, in practice it means those endlessly enticing chocolate twist rolls at the grocery store bakery always seem like they're going to kill me halfway through.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Not really. The only good chocolates we have are from small artisan places. I highly recommend Christopher Elbow chocolates. But we don't have any good mass produced stuff. Even just regular Milka and Cadbury blows Hershey out of the water.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Given that American chocolate hasn’t changed much in decades and yet still sells suggests it’s not considered terrible to the consumer. Therefore my opinion is unpopular among Americans.

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    My understanding is that it's mostly vegetable oil at this point. Worldwide demand for chocolate is too high so U.S. chocolate producers tend to "water down" their products or remove chocolate from them entirely in order to keep costs down.

10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Some of that high end chocolate they try to pass off as amazing isn't all that good though. You know that fudgy almost chalk like chocolate that comes in the pristine packaging. Give me some hershey's over that any day.

11. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    The Insider deserved Best Picture more than American Beauty.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    You are eating the wrong high end chocolates. Or considering stuff high end that isn't. This is what Christopher Elbow chocolates look like:

https://www.elbowchocolates.com/med...ec591921b2c71ab5e4cb7be2/w/e/web_-_24pc_1.jpg

13. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Must be the packaging then.

14. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Santa's reindeer have been misgendered. They're all does, because the bucks drop their horns following the mating season, while the does keep them during the winter to ensure a competitive advantage when they dig for food in the snow and that means they can turn the usual hierarchy of the flock on its head and keep the bucks away from the best food sources. Essential, because they're pregnant and need the best food. The does drop their horns when they've given birth in the spring.

Most people think Santa's reindeer are male thanks to Rudolph the red nosed reindeer...

Ava G. and Count Yubnub like this.
  15. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Michael should have followed Mr. Dawes' advice, invest his tuppence and let the compound interest work its magic.

PCCViking and Emperor Ferus like this.
  16. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    [​IMG]

Arwen Sith and Emperor Ferus like this.
  17. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Black Christmas > A Christmas Story

Rew likes this.
  18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Spider-Man: Miles Morales > Into the Spider-Verse

19. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Majin Buu should have been killed by Gotenks' Super Ghost Kamikazes.

Ramza likes this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Cyberpunk 2077 is this gaming generation's Daikatana.

21. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Born in 1980 (so, an "Xennial," which--unpopular opinion--is a terrible designation and literally the most millennial label possible), but I have to laugh at people my own age whom I went to high school with say stuff like, "Kids these days just play on their tablets or cell phones all the time, but when my generation was their age we went OUTSIDE." Like, don't pull that crap Susan, you know full well when we were that age, we were absolutely playing Nintendo and watching Nickelodeon. You were born in the '80s, not the '50s!

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm going to like this for its Dragon Ball relevance and overall spice factor, but honestly the entire Buu saga should not have happened the way it happened.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    MrZAP and 3sm1r like this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Don’t forget “My parents made me stay outside all day and when I needed water, I drank from the hose!”

I’m sorry to hear that. My parents let me come inside and drink water from a glass.

Juliet316 , Count Yubnub and Rew like this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    My mom would always bring out a pitcher of Kool-Aid midday on hot summer days when I was outdoors.

25. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    The actual unpopular opinion would have been that, while we all love it, Dragon Ball is a rather flawed anime television series, and not just for the Buu saga. The reason is the very existence of the power levels, which inevitably makes every story arc rather flat (the stronger wins, the weaker loses), and the non Sayan characters irrelevant few episodes after they appear (major villains excluded).
    Btw, nobody ever addressed the issue that the villains always happen to be of comparable strength with respect to the heroes. This is very convenient, but with the power levels always going exponentially up there was no other solution than this weird coincidence.

MrZAP and Ramza like this.