main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No, there was some gold in a dessert I had once. It was part of an 11 course meal at a fancy restaurant, so I didn't order it myself.

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I don't know: I see those edible gold sheets and think why would I want to eat Golden tin foil?

So I controlled myself with the All the Colours blu rays (stuck to my promise of 1 blu ray set and 2 shirts) :yoda:, buuuuuttt.... also ordered two Lucio Fulci blu rays that I could have waited on. However, once the new release "sale" was over, one of them will jump to a price I'd never pay, so it was now or forget it.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm going to be doing quite a lot of driving tomorrow

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    When did ice cube trays become such a pain ?
    Used to be you just twist 'em a little and the cubes pop loose , not now , now they won't bloody budge and then the plastic breaks instead , so you get a little knife to try and dig em out and they go flying across the room .
    I mean we can put a man on the moon but they can't design workable ice cube trays anymore . Someone needs to get on this .

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Master_Lok likes this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    How old is the tray? I've found the older the plastic ones get the less they can twist. Might be time to get new ones.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    they're pretty new , just a coupla months .

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, that's fairly new. I've also found if the freezer is set too cold it can affect them. I have a fridge/freezer thermometer in my freezer and have the thermostat set so the temp falls in the recommended freezer range.

8. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    ok you got me there , this freezer's terrible , always furring up .

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Mine is an old one - I defrost it about once a month. It's passed the point where it should have died. The companion fridge went a few years ago. Got my money's worth on both though - they were bought in 1989.

10. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    I think I know what's wrong with it too : there's a greebly which isn't quite in position and it slightly hinders one of the rubber seals from closing neatly .

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Get yourself a thermometer (should be available online or at stores selling kitchen equipment). Then you can set the thermostat properly. Mine is similar to this one on Amazon UK.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    gezvader28 likes this.
  12. Darth 47.1

Darth 47.1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 1999
    We have an old doorbell we thought was disconnected that has seemingly started chirping like a smoke detector. There isn't a smoke detector where the chirp is coming from so I went into the attic to find where the doorbell transformer mechanism is which was a bust. Whoever installed it seemingly stuck a piece of wood over the top and drilled a hole for the wires after installing it making it a real pain in my legs to crouch over trying to find it through the insulation. This means having to cut open the wall itself to remove the offending doorbell transformer (the bell part itself was already disconnected and removed).

Fortunately my brother in law can probably help. He's got electrical training so if anything goes wrong, he can get electrocuted instead. :eek:

13. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    A cautionary tale for those who believe it's an acceptable risk for young people to forego catastrophic health insurance coverage: the sticker price for my son's recent surgery and 8 day hospital stay clocked in at $97,000.*

*Note there's only one first world country that has these problems.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    harpua, Darth 47.1, Juliet316 and 3 others like this.
  14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I hope he’s okay. Are you covering him?

I can relate: $195,000.00 and counting. Still another two weeks to clear through claims. Thankfully, my insurance covers most of it. And I’ve been able to appeal almost $9,000 successfully from one physician alone. Medical insurance is something everyone needs stat.

I’ll be signing up for medical gap insurance as soon as these bills stop and I pay off what little I owe. That extra $400 a month along with the insurance will be worth it, given my particular physicality. It is utterly insane how bass ackwards the U.S. is with healthcare.

That said, where the hell is weapon x? I will be glad to eridicate the clown in chief in return for Wolvie’s healing factor.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  15. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I was going to complain about my umbrella , but after reading Ken's post ...
    hope your son is doing well .

Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  16. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Thanks for asking. He's almost back to normal. He missed the opening of his swim season, but made the high school team anyway.

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  17. Darth 47.1

Darth 47.1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 1999
    The problem is health insurance can be too expensive sometimes to afford. The Millenial and new generation aren't as well off as their predecessors were and things are only getting worse.

If you can afford it then by all means get it. I only got health insurance again late last year after not having it for over 20 years because I couldn't afford it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    also my fridge is too full.

harpua likes this.
  20. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i tiood.

tom likes this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Two accounts for the same online subscription(s) and not being able to merge together. Over the Thanksgiving weekend I bought about 5 Blu Ray films with the digital codes. And I redeemed the codes on an older account for "Movies Anywhere" because my browser automatically login into that account and I forgot to double check. Anyway, so it's annoying that I have two different online movie libraries and I'll to logout and then back in under a different account to watch a particular movie.

Same thing happened with my online Marvel comic book library.

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ I hate when that happens.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm having acid reflux problems because of all the rich food we're eating at nice restaurants at Disney World.

3sm1r likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I have to constantly upgrade my Mac's software to back up and connect this iPad Pro to the Mac now. :rolleyes:

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    My department is having a "holiday luncheon" later this month. Unfortunately it's during a busy time for my office, so I was considering not going. The CFO insisted. :(

Sith_Sensei__Prime and solojones like this.