main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    New wireless security cam is destroying my WiFi. :(

2. Darth 47.1

Darth 47.1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 1999
    They have now updated the arrival date to this Wednesday from next week.

3. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    I don't mind the dematerialization of quite a bit of paperwork, but at least, with regards to a letter informing you you are legally entitled to continue working for courts of justice for five years, I'd have expected more than a simple e-mail [face_plain]

4. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    So apparently it's not enough having to answer commercial calls all day long in French, I'm supposed to do that in English too?

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Sigh. I accidentally shipped an Amazon order to work and have to lug it back home.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Watching a foreign TV show with English subtitles makes it real difficult to mod at the same time.

7. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I give @The Bigger Fish a giant wishlist ages before Christmas, not expecting ALL of it, but if a couple things are picked from it, it is still a surprise. Super easy to shop for right?

I asked @The Bigger Fish for a couple ideas and he STILL hasn't told me. It is getting late! I'll need to shop for him without help. :_|

8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    ok - this is a regular bug-bear for me :

why can't companies that sell by post learn how to pack items ? I mean c'mon , this is your business ! Continually I get packages way too big for the book so of course it's bounced about for 3 days and the corners are all bumped , or they don't bother to print "please do not bend " .

!!!

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I usually get books from Amazon UK and can't really fault them - normally the boxes are well-packed and if there is spare room they put one of those bubble protectors in. However that's no guarantee against idiot delivery drivers who might toss the boxes into the vans or drop them over the garden fence if you're not home.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Medical insurance company sends me a letter saying they need my State's Out of network surprise bill form to appeal a claim, when said form AND the med company's own surprise bill form were included in the original claim. :rolleyes: I am nothing if not thorough to the point of being a complete behind.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  12. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    Can we talk umbrellas - what I wouldn't give for a decent umbrella , one that lasted more than 2 uses . And yes I've tried the expensive ones ( well I consider £25 expensive) and they come apart just as quickly .

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got a compact one that's lasted for years. Don't know the brand though. I think I got it in a local shop on a rainy day.

14. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    They're selling Quality Street as individuals now , so like you can get a whole box of your favorite one . A whole box of strawberry creams , oh god , I mustn't .

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Gosh, I miss working at a private firm. Through this outsourcing company, we get Monday and Tuesday off, but only Tuesday is paid, so I have to make up Monday’s time. The morning job still hasn’t approved my doing so, I am hoping they will. But the next 10 days are going to be [face_beatup]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    My coworker just now realized we don't get Christmas Eve off and he has to take PTO. Ugh. So stupid

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I ate pizza for lunch and now I just want to take the rest of the day off and nap.

3sm1r, solojones and Juliet316 like this.
  18. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    My little girl is struggling with a kidney stone the size of which would make a grown man cry according to the emergency rook doctors. After six weeks of getting nothing done, we finally had a CT scan and found the issue. We had an appointment tomorrow to discuss surgery, but now our medical plan is stopping everything because the nearest childrens hospital is out of network.

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    JFC, I hope you can fight your insurance on this.

Master_Lok and PCCViking like this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That sucks. Any hope that she will pass the stone or is it too large?

RolandofGilead likes this.
  21. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Thanks for asking. She's been home from school for a week hoping to pass it naturally, but nothing so far. She's been relatively okay since leaving the hospital last Friday, but my fear is that the pain is going to hit again and each time it's come back it's been worse.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Is she drinking a lot of water? I've read that can help. Also drinking fresh lemonade (or eating lemons and oranges) and limiting calcium intake (milk, cheese, yoghurt) is recommended, as is limiting salt intake. Does she have painkillers for it, or at least ibuprofen/paracetamol?

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh, man.

I hope it passes naturally and she is okay soon.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I got sick precisely the day in which my sister was visiting me from Italy with a friend. I was also supposed to start holidays. So annoying!

25. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Sorry to hear that. I hope it will pass soon!