main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I've never understood avocados.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've tried avocado but I don't care for it. I did grow a plant from the pit years ago but it eventually died.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Avocado is nasty.

On a note even worse than Avocado's, I'm back at work tomorrow

On the plus side I have nothing to do when in, I'm just holding the fort and them I'm off again till the 31st.

PCCViking likes this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Kale is worse than avocado. At least you can swallow avocado without it scratching your throat.

Master_Lok likes this.
  5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I err, actually like Kale

Steam it like cabbage and add a little chicken stock to the water for additional flavour

Granted without the stock it's awful and yes it needs to be soften a lot for it to be edible but it's nice and full of nutrients when it's done "right".

Otherwise yes it's crap

Master_Lok likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've had it a few different ways in restaurants and just don't like it. I'm also not a real fan of cooked cabbage. Raw is fine though. I like red cabbage in a tossed salad and I'll eat green or white on its own with just some salt and a bit of vinegar.

Master_Lok likes this.
  7. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    If you “massage” kale and dunk it in a thick salad dressing it’s not so scratchy. Removing the core stem is choice too.

I love avocados (my sautéed pinto beans and onions will be so sad now), but my go-to kale is either in scrambled eggs, or sautéed with sweet potatoes and onions. Guess I’ll be having a lot more of that then.

8. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    took off some work today to take delivery on new washer/dryer. i thought to myself "it's going to arrive damaged, i just know it", mainly because the sales guy was adamant that i inspect the units and refuse them if i noticed anything amiss.

well sure enough...

9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So the only Blind Dead movie available on U.S. blu is one of the clunkers (Night of the Seagulls), and of corpse, I ordered it.

duende likes this.
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Dealing with an employee who really shouldn't be working at the job we're working at.

Now, I work at a theater as an usher, which can be high paced and somewhat stressful at times, but not rocket scientist. The co-worker isn't all together there, and I think is part of one of those programs that have certain people with certain disabilities. That in itself isn't the problem, because I think we have another co-worker who's like that, but he's a good to great co-worker.

This one, however, tries to weasel his way out of everything; gives shifts away, then complains when he's not scheduled; lies about what certain managers said (if anyone else had said that we would be THIS close to being terminated, yet I don't get the sense he's anywhere near that close); tried to weasel his way out of helping with a theater he asked me to help him with. I called him out on the radio and put my foot down: "that other theater breaks after this one. Get in here and help with the theater you wanted my help with." I was going to help him clean it, not do it for him unless we had made some other prior arrangements.

Grrrrr... I've had my fair share of lazy co-workers, but he takes it to another level.

Oh, and it's aggravated by the fact that the scheduling of ushers is so cheap...in other words, not scheduling a sufficient amount of ushers. Quality would help if quantity can't be reached.

11. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Been there, done that with employees who do not do their share and try to weasel out of everything.

Just keep doing what you’re doing, sooner or later someone else will notice this person’s slack.

And thanks for doing that job, working with the public is brutal.

I-) But have to be awake at least another 7 hours for work. Unfortunately, I am out in the open so no tunes (and certainly not death metal):_|...

And just remembered I have to work a full shift at the morning job on Monday.I-)

However, pizza is coming in a little while.:) So there is that.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Landlord wants to raise my rent by $160 per month. Checking the area, if the rent seems more affordable there are more complaints listed such as theft and car break ins.

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^Hope you can find a safe new place in your area.

In the I’m too mature for this $*#@ department:

So bank credit card is ridiculous, the fraud department constantly blocks charges even though I call ahead of time to alert them of the potential purchase. This generally works with their debit card.

The process to lift the credit card security holds are f’ing ridiculous (1-call in, 2-agent calls me back, 3-agent texts me, and finally, 4-puts me on hold while fraud department lifts the hold).

I was blocked again today, but the kicker was my phone number which I used for last 3 computer attempts was blocked from receiving the verification code which would allow the agent complete the steps to lift the security hold.o_O

I would either have to go home and have the bank call me on our landline with the verification code, or go into a local branch of the bank. Neither was an option, and there was no explanation why this exact same phone number wasn’t able to receive these.:mad:Apparently, I would have to do this any time I needed to use the card.o_O[face_bleh]o_O

So I left empty handed. That’s okay, as the Best Buy manager and sales associate both said they would be happy to price match for me any time.

I learned how right I was about not getting another credit card after 15 years, and will promptly pay off the unholy fruit phone and close the card. I am fine with credit card security, and I understand some of the processes this bank has to do, but I am not jumping through hoops to use the card when they won’t do the same for me. I’ve been having issues with this bank for awhile now. Will jump ship to another bank if my job will allow me to change where they direct deposit my pay.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm reminiscing about dancing to a song from 1998 during my prom and wishing that I was a teenager in 1998 instead of 2012.

15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I am glad I was a teenager when I was. Now if I could stop time without Dormammu, great. :p

PCCViking likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I work early (8:30-5) tomorrow. However, I have the 1st off.

17. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    My boyfriend lives in Canada.

18. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    can't decide whether to have fish and chips or tikka massala . And I know whichever I choose as soon as its ready I'll be thinking 'shoulda made the other one'.

19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    If you can, get both. :)

Ugh, wheatgrass. [face_sick] But it does my body good...[face_sigh]:)[face_sigh]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Dinner smoothie: 20 ice cubes, spinach, avocado, peanut butter, banana, yogurt, honey, a high quality powder mix, and water. I went to make it and realized I did not make ice. 2 empty ice cube trays just sitting there.

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Back from the dentist and not only is the entire right side of my face frozen and achy, I'm apparently dribbling my coffee.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ugh. Dentists. Dribbling coffee isn't a good look, especially if you are at work.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Why do people lose their minds over La Croix sparkling water?

I just had the peach-pear, and am now dealing with a weird peach after taste. Maybe if it was pear (I like pear juice, but there was no pear to speak of).

It seems like this sparkling water only exists to create flavored burps.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Because it's a way to get something fizzy and flavored without calories, caffeine, or aspertame and such.

25. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    it's pretty great tbh