main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Okay, no more purchases from Free People. They were excessively rude in store (which is why I stopping going 3 years ago), and today, customer service hung up on me.

That velvet jacket, the shirt and earrings are the last purchase from them.

Once they remove the erroneous second charge from my card, Buh Bye.

2. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Cartoon shows have made me depressed because they reminded me of adventures I am likely never going to experience.

Sarge likes this.
  3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I just found out that my brother is a Kamala Harris supporter. (Clearly I am the smart one.) I made sure to lock him up for using cannabis.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  4. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    My apartment is too chilly for me to sit around in my underwear. :(

solojones and Master_Lok like this.
  5. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Trying not to cry as one of my former supervisors whom I dearly care for [face_love] is on her last lap fighting cancer.

She’s been such a positive influence and so strong.

It just angers me that a massive bleep like Trump is fine :mad:, but this amazing woman is not.[face_sigh]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sorry to hear about your supervisor friend. I hope things at least go easy for her.

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  7. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Seconding that hope.

If cancer could have the kindness to go away and die alone... >.<

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  8. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I was out of baby bubble bath so I used my Dior body wash to make the baby a bubble bath. I don't think she noticed a difference. :(

Master_Lok and Lordban like this.
  9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Thank you both very much. [:D]@LAJ_FETT and @Lordban > sadly, not the case. She was transferred to a hospice yesterday.

I am so glad I called her earlier this week and told her how much she means to me. I am so heartbroken for her, her husband and their beautiful daughter. :(

She is an amazing person and way too young (I hope she makes it to 53 > her birthday is March 8th).

Cancer sucks.

And for first world stupidity...

Discovered another insult from Free People, the beautiful velvet jacket I bought (that was too small) was a return! The cuffs were all frayed at the edges. :mad:Plus, no return label (I had to request and print that out too)

At any rate, I did not fold the jacket neatly, just shoved it back into the cheap plastic mailer envelope and taped it up. Never again. If I did not wear the purple long sleeve shirt I also bought, I would have returned that too.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Aww, that sucks about your friend. Hopefully she won't suffer.

Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  11. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I learned a lot from her on the job. I hope she will not suffer any more. It’s been brutal on her.

Thank you.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    From what I know about hospices (at least here in the UK) they're pretty good about pain control. Your friend and I share a birthday month, though I am older than her.

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Took a bath last night. This morning there's a ton of water leaking through the ceiling in the bathroom below it [face_plain]

Really hope my home warranty covers this.

14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Good luck solojones.

Thanks.
    I wish you a happy early birthday [face_party]

Okay, today’s first world problem: of course the one Shaw Brothers lobby card set I still want is now up on eBay. Will bid before the auction closes. Surprisingly, only one shot of David Chiang in the set [face_sigh], but lots of Chan Wai-Man’s great villain =P~.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    LAJ_FETT likes this.
  15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Had to go online to print out a W-2 form. Got another one in the mail a couple of days later.

16. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Co-workers stabbing me (figuratively, not literally) in the back by not doing their fair share of a closing duty, and another one giving guests what they're not entitled to, not once, but twice.

17. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    you know what annoys me - dedications on the radio . what's the ****ing point ? I mea each one is only of any interest to about 3 people , I don't wanna know about Bob sending a 'shout-out' to his gf , or Wendy saying Hi to her mom , just play some ****ing music !

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm doing laundry and was going to put a load in the dryer....but the dryer is occupied despite them not using the washing machine

DID THEY ****ING URINATE ON THEIR CLOTHES??!!

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Maybe they have their own washer but their dryer is broken? We get that a lot at the launderette I use.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm going to be going into the 2019 Formula One season without my favourite part of the SKY broadcast, after the races themselves, Paddock Reporter, Ted Kravitz.

Love his work. =((

I was seeing these hashtags all over Youtube as I consumed various Winter Testing content, #wherested till finally one commenter spelled out what had happened.

@Master_Lok - very sorry to hear about your friend.

21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Thanks @Sith-I-5

I hope you still enjoy the Sky formula one forecasts.

22. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    I don’t have enough vacation time to do all the things I want to do.

23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    A plumber is coming to fix the developing hole in my ceiling and associated leak in the bath above... but not until Friday [face_plain] In the meantime, I can only use the really tiny shower upstairs. I usually use the one with the bath. And I'm also supposed to be taking epsom salt baths for my surgical wound, which I now will have to go to my parents' house to do this week.

Home ownershiiiiiip

24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Ugh @solojones. Sorry you have to deal with that.

IRS cannot verify my phone # to process my federal refund. So now I have to get up super early to get to work before 7:00 a.m. to try to get a hold of the IRS by phone, and/or wait 10 days for an activation code to register at their verify identity site to come in the mail. Thanks, Apple.

This is the second time this iPhone 8+ has given me verification problems and I know it's Apple. So :mad:right now.

And to add insult to injury, I cannot take afternoon time off to go to the second firm's job interview this week and I haven't heard from HR about scheduling for next week.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  25. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    ...when your co-workers continuously refuse to do their share of a closing duty, leaving you to do the work.
    ...when your managers promise to take care of that, yet the situation still happens, even though I've suggested a solution to nip the problem in the bud: have a manager or supervisor check to make sure that closing duty is done before that person can go home. Yet, they expect the honor system to abide (signing off that we did them and not verifying).