main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Put my cart away, starting walking to my car with groceries, started searching for my keys....uh...no keys. No keys in my pockets. Yep, keys in the ignition while running. Happily my sister lives close and I have a duplicate at home.

"It's usually a feature now that a car can't lock with the keys in it."
    "Mine has the keypad under the handle so if I did this I can still get in."

Yeah, well, not my car. Now I shall keep the spare on me at all times as well.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    At the DMV to register and title my car.... At 8am on a Saturday. And there was already a line when I got here at 7:50.

PCCViking likes this.
  3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Now I'm at an oil change place because apparently I need an inspection even though my car is brand new because I bought it out of state [face_plain]

I hate everything. This is gonna take forever.

PCCViking and Master_Lok like this.
  4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    @solojones [:D]

I am waiting on opinions to upgrade the cpu or gpu in the replacement iMac I am ordering today. After hours of reading posts, software spec requirements, and watching videos I still do not know which of these will benefit more with my usage.

No one has answered my post [face_sigh]

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Now I'm back at the DMV with a return pass but they forgot to call up a return pass so now I'm stuck waiting another who knows how long.

6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Aaand now it turns out my mass of paperwork from the dealer was missing the title. Which I evidently won't get for another month according to the dealer.

So basically, all of this was pointless. Have to wait, and meanwhile my car temporary tags will probably expire. Sooo gonna have to borrow a car from someone.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Can you extend the temporary tags or go to the dealer's manager to get things speeded up?
    Not much help for Master Lok - I'm a PC person, not a Mac person. Just from what I've seen online in a brief look on Google, I'd say gpu if you're doing a lot of graphics - animations, rendering, etc or gaming.

Master_Lok likes this.
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Went up to the convenience store to get bread and... no bread.

Master_Lok likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Been there and done that. I know if I want bread here on a weekend day I go early. Even the supermarkets run low early on a Saturday with everyone shopping. I need some as well but I'll get it tomorrow when I go grocery shopping.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No the dealer says it just takes 60 days to get the title sent to you by Colorado. So I just have to wait, and wind up paying several late fees for not registering it within 30 days.

11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    The automatic toilet decides to flush before you even sit down on it.

The motion sensor faucet takes ages to register that you're there.

And then said faucet only gives you water for about five seconds.

And the paper towels are so flimsy that two of them only get your hands about half dry.

12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Thanks. Dug a little deeper and found out it’s CPU for what I do. The existing internal graphics card should be fine for me (image manipulations, design and lots of video conversions, the conversions are CPU/cores intensive.) If I was editing video, or working in the areas you mentioned, I would add both.

My current first person complaint: I just got up and want to go back to bed.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

Been there, done that.

PCCViking and Master_Lok like this.
  14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Haven't we all?

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Or when you're standing still and the motion sensor thinks that there's no one in the bathroom anymore and shuts off the light.

Master_Lok likes this.
  16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I could not send text messages earlier. I had to go into the store and fix it.

17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    That happens in my office at the morning job all the time. :rolleyes: Way to give me a tick, motion sensor.

And this one I am just laughing at, because I am grateful I found out before the order was processed. My critical video conversion software does not work with the most current two versions of macOS (That's Apple locking down for you. I am finally getting royally annoyed with it). So to use said software, either find a newer machine with Sierra or go Windows. So I am trying to find a dealer with a newer iMac that still has Sierra loaded on it. Thinking positive about this. If anything, I'll have at least $1k in my pocket in cancelling this iMac order.

Somewhere, Bill Gates is [face_devil][face_dancing][face_devil] Or maybe it's my know-it-all older sister who told me the exact fix I attempted to use for the Surface Mouse messes. [face_bleh]

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Haha I mean I hate to say I told you so about Apple but oh wait no I don't :p

19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    :p[:D]:p
    I've known it for years. If I can find a machine with Sierra, I'll stick to that OS. Not a fan of Windows though (for a lot of reasons), but if it's my only choice to use this software and get the true bang for the buck from buying movies on iTunes, I'll do that. And if I have to go Windows and give up drawing digitally, I'll deal with that too.

Despite not liking Windows, I love the hardware Microsoft and other PC makers are releasing. Gorgeous, functional machines. I'll make sure I can use a mouse if I have to buy another laptop, because no trackpads for me.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    What about getting a Mac and then installing Sierra on it - maybe in a partition? (Not a Mac person so I don't know if you can do that. But I saw this on Amazon.com).

Master_Lok likes this.
  21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Thank you very much, I actually need the OS prior to that one, 10.12. [:D]Someone else mentioned a partition or running a Virtual Machine through Parallels. Never did either of these before and have to check if I still have a Sierra installer. I cancelled the order for the 2019, which I am actually happy about. I truly dislike Apple and how low they sunk, but when their computers work, they stay out of my way. As they lock down more though, it’s getting harder. I do need a new computer as the ports on my existing model are dying.

As much as I’d love more cores, an SSD and better graphics, I can roll with better graphics and more RAM. I am not using these machines on a semi-pro basis anymore, so the shiny and new is just =P~.

First world complaint: And I’ve been up since 3:55 a.m.. Beating the birdies awake again. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    10.12 install CD on Amazon.

Master_Lok likes this.
  23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    :_|
    According to the blurb, doesn’t work on 2017 models.

Thanks again.^:)^

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Set the alarm wrong, got up 1 hour earlier than usual. I didn't realize it until 30 minutes after the fact.

Master_Lok likes this.
  25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Boo that sucks.

I am working from home today, which usually means getting to sleep in a little bit (waking up just before 8 to work instead of having to get up at 6:30 and drive in). But of course I had a 7:15 doctor's appointment today so that ruined that plan.

Now I'm having to sit around in the living room all day to wait for my car title to be delivered by FedEx (I have to show ID and sign for it). I am getting so sick of dealing with all this car stuff. Hopefully this is the last piece I need to register and title my car in Missouri... but this also means taking another Saturday morning trip to the DMV and not sleeping in again [face_plain]