main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    We had mandatory group lunches on both Monday and Tuesday.

I may be able to go to the DMV today becaaaause ... I'm home sick. Yeah, I woke up at 3am with terrible positional vertigo, which I've never had before. So yeah, can't drive and still can't lie on my side without spinning. I'm going to the doctor.

That was my last sick day for the year.... Hope I don't get sick later.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    One of the radio shows I listen to on BBC London - the presenter had a case of labyrinthitis, which sounds similar. Said he'd never had it before. A caller to the show asked if he'd had a haircut recently. He had - about 4 days before the incident. The caller (not a doctor as far as I know) said that sometimes a hair or hairs will get into the ear as a result and it leads to labyrinthitis. Presenter said he felt a lot better the next day.

3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I haven't had a haircut, but my dad has posotional vertigo. I also have really bad ear issues. When I was a kid I had such bad ear infections that my eardrums burst. So that has always been weird.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Hope your both okay.

cranky stupid me opens my big mouth, :rolleyes: which upsets mom immensely. Like she needs to be even more upset now.

:oops::(:(:oops:

5. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I spent the past year learning various programming skills, such as SQL, through a Google scholarship program. This year I'm back at a regular university that has me using Microsoft Access for database management assignments. I'm just realizing that Access does everything SQL does, but easier and faster (and also shows you what the equivalent SQL commands per query would look like).

So basically, my last year of education was a waste, seeing as how Access renders SQL knowledge unnecessary. WTH.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    SQL is still in use commercially. Having it on your resume/CV won't hurt when you are job hunting. Pretty sure more places will use it rather than Access, especially for large databases. (Speaking as a former DBA here. Our boards use MySQL, for example).

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  7. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Seconded. There's plenty more you can do programming on top of SQL compared to what you can do on top of Access, and quite an array of jobs that rely on actual knowledge of SQL.

Master_Lok likes this.
  8. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    When you're looking for a job, and you can only afford one more month of health insurance...

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I'm fine today, yes. And my dad went to the ER yesterday because he had a kidney stone, but it passed pretty fast and he just went back to work. So that's fun.

Master_Lok likes this.
  10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Whew! Glad to hear.

And my big mouth was thankfully zipped, so yay!

I need to stop eating cereal. I keep picking cardboard...

11. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    I will never understand why single bathrooms in the US are designated male and female. I don’t follow that rule and I honestly don’t care that people give me dirty looks when I use the “wrong” bathroom because the ladies’ bathroom has a line and the mens’ does not. The bathrooms are the same.

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The current worker at the gas station convenience store that’s near a bus stop (to work) is too damn chatty.

Master_Lok likes this.
  13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [:D]

See yourself as already being in a new job.

Yesterday you say, “Damn the bathroom needs cleaning.”

This morning, toilet overflowed and bathroom needed not just cleaning, but scorched earth style cleaning.[face_sick]:rolleyes:[face_sick]

Do not think out loud about when bathroom needs cleaning!

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Juliet316 likes this.
  14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's super dumb yes. Women will be lined up waiting for the women's one, meanwhile the men's one is empty. I will go in there.

15. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So is the reverse okay to do as well? Also, are women's restrooms in general cleaner than the mens'?

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Speaking as someone who did janitorial work back in the day - hell no. Which restroom do you think kids are usually with their parents in? Extrapolate accordingly. Hell I'm half-convinced public restrooms are a crypto-Malthusian plot to convince people to stop having kids.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yes it's fine for men to go into a women's one-hole restroom if no one is in it (I just think it's more likely the men's room will be open). At my work, for instance, we used to have one men's and one women's single toilet restrooms. But they decided this was stupid and just changed it so each restroom just says "Everyone" now. Use whichever one is open is the message. All single restrooms should be like this.

As for cleanliness... well, keep in mind that women are also constantly bleeding in there. So no, I don't know if they're cleaner.

18. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Buying a used car worth of electronic music gear hasn't made me a better musician.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Because of tornado outbreaks in KC tonight, both AGT and Songland were preempted. Now I have to wait and hope they go on Hulu to watch them :(

20. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Trying to change my address for my driver's license, either online or figuring out if I need certain documents just for the change of address.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Trying to go to the DMV when only one of them is open after work. Really worried it will just be jammed packed and I'll have to wait forever. Also they keep wanting my car title, but I bought it in Colorado, which is a state that doesn't give you the title until it's paid off. So I definitely will not have the title. I don't know what they want from me. Surely you can register cars from out of state somehow...?

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Can you get a certified copy of the title?

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't know. I've asked the dealer for everything that I need and they absolutely refuse to get me a title, they say they can't until it's paid off. They did send a letter to give to the DMV about the situation. I have no idea if it will work.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, at least you have the letter. That's better than nothing.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah. I don't know what else to do really. We'll see if the DMV can give me some clarification. I could have technically gone last Saturday since I was up before they opened, but man I really didn't want to do that on my sleepy holiday weekend.