main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Cup of tea?

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I heard that in Eliza Doolittle's voice.

3. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm not sure how I'm supposed to take that... :p

PCCViking likes this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Mowed the weeds that pass for a lawn earlier - at least they are all the same height now. Paying for it though - been sneezing and my eyes have been itching since then. Damn hayfever!

Runjedirun and Lordban like this.
  5. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Achoo!

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I guess my brain decided that when you speak English you have a Cockney accent :p

Lordban and PCCViking like this.
  7. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm French, it goes without saying that my accent is horribly mangled :p

PCCViking and solojones like this.
  8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    [/img][​IMG]

Juliet316 and Lordban like this.
  9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    My old boss retired and I've been cleaning out all her stuff (even though she did some of it already). I've been finding files that are 30 years old which probably should have been gone 20 years ago. So much trash. Just remember kids: everything eventually ends up in the dump. Ugh.

Edit: Also there's this ****ing guy sitting next to me having a conversation with a woman over speakerphone. It's some serious relationship drama. Does he have to do this crap in public?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Runjedirun likes this.
  10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Why on earth do people do that? The young woman in the office next to me used to have her door open and music blasting out of her computer speakers all the time. When literally every other person in our office wears headphones. But luckily, she just quit last week. So now I finally have peace and quiet.

Vialco, Master_Lok, Juliet316 and 2 others like this.
  11. MadamSolo

MadamSolo Jedi Padawan

May 15, 2019
    I am so sick of summer! :mad:I have chronic migraines that are triggered by heat and bright light, and this time of year, there's practically nothing but... you guessed it, heat and bright light. I've had headaches for 3 days in a row, and the weather is supposed to stay at or above 90 degrees for at least another week so no relief in sight. Also doesn't help that my A/C is crap and refuses to cool below 75 degrees when it's this hot outside, so I'm just stuck at home feeling hot and miserable. :(

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I would die and also never sleep if my AC wouldn't get below 75. I keep my AC on 68, and before you complain, I just joined a program to offset 50% of the power I use with solar power from a new array okay!!! :p

Runjedirun and PCCViking like this.
  13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Now I know why people talk of Levain bakery’s chocolate chip cookies (and chocolate chocolate chip) as the greatest CC cookie ever.

Sad, because I want more...=P~ I could only try one little piece of each and my blood sugar was super low due to not eating thanks to physical demands of job today.

At least now I can say I ate one of Manhattan’s great sweets. The hype is real and my inner Cookie Monster is sad because no more. Seriously, one could happily give 3 people a sugar high for hours and you taste everything (butter, chocolate, nuts, brown sugar). Of course I am making it worse for myself by describe how freaking awesome it is.:rolleyes:

>>>

More angsty, I realize how low I am on the afternoon job totem pole when my predecessor asks can I take over sending email alerts to a subscription only she has access to and she keeps pushing for me to hurry up and take this over. Of course I am the only one who sees how moronic it is that article requests will come to me and then I have to send them to her saying only she has access. It makes me look bad.:rolleyes::mad::rolleyes:

I said next week please. Yeah, proof that they do not read my emails saying hey coworkers -duh- I am offline this week.

This was the same woman who barely trained me when I started last May and was pestering me about how quickly I am coming back to work after I almost died last year.:mad:

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Guys it's only a 3-day work week, and I am still annoyed at having to be at work today.

Master_Lok likes this.
  15. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    A package was stolen from my house. I left a note asking to stop leaving packages and take them to the post office if I am not home. They are ignoring them. :(

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That sucks. Have you gotten in touch with whoever sent it about the issue?

Master_Lok likes this.
  17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    @JediYvette have you contacted the merchant and your post master general?

That does suck.

About three years ago, a rash of packages coming to me were returned or misdelivered from international merchants. That stopped when I called the regional postmaster general. It took being a PIA to halt it.

Hope this gets sorted for you fast.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah we had a delivery person who was leaving packages on the mailboxes in the lobby of our building. Had to complain to UPS about this to get them to deliver it actually to our door. Kept worrying people's packages would get stolen in the lobby area.

19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    So my credit card is set to expire while I'm abroad, albeit a year from now, and yesterday I called the company to get a new card with a later expiration date. This takes an ungodly amount of time on the phone (most of which was devoted to trying to explain that, no, I do not want the exact same card to replace a damaged one), the person assisting me cancels my current card and has a replacement sent via the longest delivery method possible. So I call again, talk to a different assistant, explain that in the interim I have no credit card and that's not really acceptable, they agree to overnight my replacement card for free. Fine, whatever. The card arrives today... same expiration date. Because the reason my old card was cancelled in the first place is that the first person apparently filed the whole thing as if the old card had been lost or stolen.

[​IMG]

So, yeah, I guess I get to try again at some point.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Bummed to have a 6-shift work week, when seeing a whole bunch of "Hey, a 2-3 day work week for me!" posts here & on social media during this 4th of July holiday period; holidays mean almost nothing in retail.

21. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    How would you react about finding out US postal services sell kawaii-themed stamps? Because that's what the French post does, and I really don't know what to think about it...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    UK post has SW stamps..

So I'm up in town today and I go into the local Argos store. (For non-UK folks, this is a catalog store. You find the items you want in a catalog, write the numbers down on a sheet of paper designed for that purpose, and you take it to a register. After you pay, they get it from the back for you). So the place has been updated with touchscreen terminals since I was last in there. Every one but one had a 'data loading..this might take some time' message on the screen. The one that didn't had a search box to enter an item number or name. There were also paper copies of the catalog on each table. I knew what I wanted, just not the number. Found it in the catalog, made a note of it on the sheet of paper (yes, they still had those for the touchscreen-phobic of us). So I go to enter the item number on the screen to see if it's in stock. There is no keyboard, nor can I see anything on the screen to bring one up. There are no instructions, just the search box. All the other screens till have the 'data loading' message. (Note - at this point the store had been open at least an hour.)
    So I go up to one of the registers to at least find out if the item is in stock. Register A has a customer trying to return something. Register B has someone yapping about something to the clerk. No option to speak to anyone else - I assume they were hiding in back.
    After 10 minutes of this I tossed the paper in a trash can and left.

Dear Argos - this is why people use Amazon UK!!

Juliet316 and gezvader28 like this.
  23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It was inevitable, there are too many weebs in France for them to not slowly seize power.

24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I bought the wrong green juice yesterday and drank it anyway.:(

I need to look at the ingredients more carefully.

And I need Icy Hot so bad, this right shoulder is [face_beatup]

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Guess this is a first world problem - seeing on CNN's site that Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and WhatsApp are all having issues at the moment. If you're trying to use one of these, it's probably them and not your phone/laptop.