main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    My daughter is going to Italy with the school today.

I've currently at the school waiting for the coach to take them to the airport.

It's just turned 0420 and I've been up since 3

Ugh

2. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Yeah, merchant is resending and HOPEFULLY the local post office will hold it there. They promised!

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_sigh]Despite not being a fan, was all set to help Shaw Brothers actor Gordon Liu (who suffered a stroke in 2011) in buying official merchandise, but the postage to the States is almost the same price as the shirt. That kicks any purchase out of my budget.:(

I get it. Postage is ridiculous (costs $23 to mail an 8 ounce package to the UK now :mad:), but real life bills come first.

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I tell ya what I need : an Ed Sheeran-free zone.

I mean jesus , have a little mercy!

Master_Lok likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Found a bug in my coffee and poured the cup out. Unfortunately it was the last of the pot, so now I have to wait for the fresh pot to finish perculating so I can have a cup of coffee.

6. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    You'd think you'd be grateful for the existence of computers permitting you to be three times as efficient as if you worked without. But no, I'm grumbling because of the heat mine exudes.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    the worst. it's usually grounds for me, because i am an uncoordinated oaf.

however, the concept of a keurig is wonderful. i've never owned one, but we just got one in the office, and being able to have coffee within 30 seconds is magical. also i've just entered the year 2007, and it's very exciting.

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Lol yeah I have a Keurig but I don't really use it at home. However I use the one in the office daily. It's not as fancy as mine (mine has a frother for lattes!) but it works. I love donut shop style coffee.

Lordban likes this.
  9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I hoped I could work martial arts into my budget, but there’s no way right now, real life stuff comes first (After cutting way down on entertainment purchases and work day food, not happening). If I didn’t have to buy groceries

So I’ll look into more videos just for exercising. Must check if I still have the David Carradine Hung Gar style one (somehow I do not think so).

10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Body thinks it’s 1:15 a.m. instead of 1:15 p.m. :oops:I-):oops:

11. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I have my Amazon credit card set to autopay, so I never check it. But today I got curious. The balance is a whopping $1700. Evidently, I am addicted to online shopping. I took the card away and hid it in my drawer. :eek: :(

Master_Lok likes this.
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    For 12 years the landlords did not allow pets. New owners came in and allowed pets. The dog poop problem has gotten so bad they are now requiring all dog owners to bring their pets in to have their mouths swabbed and a company will be called in if anyone sees poop laying around and have their DNA compared to then fine the owner.

solojones and Lordban like this.
  13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Ugh. I am using this credit card sparingly but do make reasonable charges every other month. I have the cc and a debit card on Amazon and keep the debit set as my preferred payment. I feel for you.

Well I fixed needing WiFi or cellular for playing videos on my iDevices (Thank you, VLC!), but I still need iTunes to navigate to VLC file sharing and add movies to the app from my computer. :rolleyes:

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    My cable box is acting funky. I have to unplug it and then plug it back in for the cable to kick back on every time I turn on the TV. I'm just too lazy to take it to the cable company and get it replaced.

Eventually, those few seconds of unplugging it and plugging it back in will become more than the time it will take to drive to the cable company in my off time and get the box replaced.

15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Bleeping A.C. near my new desk at work is meat locker frigid. :mad:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Been there and done that - you have my sympathy.

Master_Lok likes this.
  17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    At least you can wear a sweater. It's 75 degrees in my office all the time and I'm always sweaty in shorts and a tshirt.

18. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah, you can always put as much clothing on as possible. There's a limit of how much you can take off...well, away from home. ;)

Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  19. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    In light of all the Chrome-spying, I decided to switch back to Firefox (which I haven't used since probably before Chrome's initial launch). Importing bookmarks and stuff has been a huge inconvenience, and now somehow I have duplicates of many of my Chrome bookmarks in Firefox, or nothing in some cases. Plus the Firefox mobile app takes some getting used to, since the UI is slightly different from Chrome's.

But I will say, Firefox has been noticeably faster. I'm glad I switched. Chrome was taking forever to load everything recently. It's become everything it was supposed to be the alternative for.

Master_Lok likes this.
  20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

Because that BiG :oops:when I forget to include the English subtitles on a movie I am ripping to my computer. :rolleyes: Take 2 in process.

:oops::oops::oops:Make that Take 3, I just overwrote the take 2 copy with the earlier one that didn't have the subs. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I learned today that Major League Fishing is a thing.

I learned it because the three TVs in the gym were showing Major League Fishing, tennis, and the ****ing Golf Channel.

Hey, gym? NBA Summer League is on.

Master_Lok likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was able to move in several more chairs and (finally) a dinner table into my apartment, but alas we couldn't fit in a couch just yet.

23. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    wouldn't you want the couch before a dinner table?

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Kinda hard to eat dinner off of a couch..

Master_Lok likes this.
  25. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    The only time we use our dinner table for dinner is at christmas .