main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Feel better.[:D]

Happy Veteran's Day to everyone who served/serves.:)

Nike's flagship store had no sneakers that fit nicely and did not have the snow boots. :(

Sorry for the LV scenario @Mortimer Snerd

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Snow. So much snow. Snow sucks. The ejaculate of Satan it is.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Had to wait a little longer than I would have liked at Subway earlier, because the ******* in front of me had to order 3-goddamn footlongs.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Disney Plus subscription for one month. Let's see how many technical problems I have today.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

PCCViking likes this.
  5. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    I have a Samsung tv and it doesn’t have Disney Plus on it. I dug out my old Roku, thinking that it will be on there. However, I learned that it doesn’t support it either. Now I just have to watch the Mandalorian on my phone.

6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So disappointed the temporary knightscope robot showroom by my morning job did not enact recreations of this moment:

People in the tech community give The Verge writers grief, but this article about the fall is [face_rofl] (And the comments too). Yes, I know the article is years old, but I just found it and thought of that showroom. I miss seeing these bots en route.

7. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    My Fallen Order preorder shipped today. Which means it won't be here until Monday. Thanks a lot, Best Buy. Next time I'll download the digital version instead.

solojones likes this.
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The the Mr Rogers movie was out this weekend. It's not.

9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I can't wait for it, either. It looks very good - tho I admit I'm somewhat partial to anything Hanks is in.

PCCViking likes this.
  10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Delivery that was slated to arrive between 11-21 to 11-25 is now due on the 19th or 20th.

So I have to take off the 19th and possibly the 20th from work. o_OI did mention if it comes early enough Tuesday afternoon I will be in on Wednesday, or will make up the time for Wednesday if I need to take this day. Was really hoping it would be Fed Ex, but it's UPS.

11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    It's crazy they still don't allow you to schedule delivery for when you're home.

12. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    When I was a lad we had shops.
    Wonder what happened to them .

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Fiscal services helped themselves to 7k€ in taxes for non-taxable revenues by using a declaration mechanism to correct this year's advance payments.

I don't know whether to shut down the business or file a lawsuit against the state, but that's the fourth major fiscal "incident" this year, and I'm bloody tired of constantly walking the razor's edge because of those.

14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    UPS is saying delivery btw 12:15 - 3:15 when I log into my account :) or by the end of day when I am not logged in and just use tracking. :mad:

:rolleyes:

At least, I can follow the truck's progress on maps now though.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  15. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    A watched kettle never boils.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Mine do. :)

Though the neighbors received a Fed Ex shipment from Chewy* just now. [face_worried] And the Fed Ex truck taunted me by driving down our block twice. [face_waiting]

*Chewy are a discount online pet food/supplies shop. Sadly, not :chewie:

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    And even when the truck is on your street there's no guarantee it will stop for you. I had an Amazon UK order delivered last Monday. Truck showed on my street on the map and the map said '2 stops away'. This was around 3PM-ish. Then the truck went away and ended up at the next town over and I watched it go all over the place on the map. Truck finally came back to my street around 645 PM and this time the guy delivered. I asked him what happened and he said that the first time he couldn't find my parcel in the truck and after quite a bit of stuff cleared out he finally found it.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [:D]o_O[:D]

Package is here [face_party]UPS packed in front of nemesis house, and I flagged him down. [face_laugh]

So I can work tomorrow. [face_party]I'll tell work I'll be in a little later.

Wheeeee! Bolt Thrower sounds awesome on this thing. [face_dancing]

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Glad you got your package OK!

Master_Lok likes this.
  20. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    ok now I have to know - what was it?

PCCViking likes this.
  21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Sadly, it's NOT Baby Yoda. [face_sigh]

It's what I've been agonizing over in here for almost a year. Not saying anything else, just want to enjoy and use it.

You'd think with all of the shrimp and such I ate today, I wouldn't be hungry.

But I am...

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The ride I used to get to the doctor's office today dropped me off two minutes late.

23. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    It's snowing in my city, so I had to take an Uber to the tailor. Turns out my suit needs some taking in, so I had to leave it there. Now I have to trek across town again in Friday. So I spent $60 on a round trip for nothing. I think I'll drive on Friday if the weather cooperates. All these Uber trips are adding up to a rather painful sum. This is what I get for being lazy.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So, the city is shutting off the water to my building from 1 am to 7 am. Well, I have to get up and get ready for work at 2 am. So how do I get cleaned up, have breakfast, and take a $%^&? So now I have to check into a motel to sleep overnight just so I can poop.

Vialco likes this.
  25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ugh. I'm sorry, that has happened to me before. In fact my appartment shut off our water multiple days in a month to fix the same issue and without warning.

Fill a bathtub with water if you've got one...at least then you can flush the toilet with the water.