main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I had to go grocery shopping because a lot of stuff is closed tomorrow. This is not the problem - no, the problem is that a whole lot of tourists also decided to go grocery shopping. I don't even live in the tourist part of town, you monsters, spare me your inquiries about where the chips and hard liquors are and just let me buy my goddamn rye bread.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    You must radiate an aura of "I'm American, I'll understand English". Pity.

Juliet316 and Ramza like this.
  3. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Having trouble getting my direct deposit set up for my new job.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You would think that would be fairly easy given the length of time direct deposit has been around.

Master_Lok likes this.
  5. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I know. I've been emailing HR back and forth.

If this keeps up, I might have to quit and look for another job. Happy bleeping new year to me. :mad:

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Hopefully it won't come to that.

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Why would you quit just because direct deposit takes a while? Egads. I hope you don't need to do that...

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Depends - maybe PCC was supposed to get paid and didn't because of the problem. That would make me angry - especially before a holiday when the banks are closed.

9. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    The thing is that I put in my information yesterday morning. No muss no fuss.

Then I get an email saying the information is changed, with different routing and bank account number. I try to go in and fix it. Nope.

I can't really get paid if my pay doesn't go to my account.

I'm just still on edge with this past year, and I've never had problems with my previous employers and direct deposit before.

@LAJ_FETT Fortunately, my payday isn't for over a week, so there's still some time to get this sorted out. But this isn't the best beginning.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    At least you aren't waiting to get paid. I hope they sort it out for you. Is there someone in HR you can speak to about it - either on the phone or face-to-face? Might be quicker than email.

11. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Possibly. Then again, I do have some more training on Thursday and Friday. For me, talking to someone in person works better than trying to do it over the phone, especially if I can show them the problem in person.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sounds like a plan - hope you get it sorted out OK.

Master_Lok and PCCViking like this.
  13. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Thanks. :)

Master_Lok and LAJ_FETT like this.
  14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Good luck.

And congrats on the new job! :)

So all my Town can do about the unreasonable dog noise is have the Town Attorney send an official letter quoting the code. I can do that too (actually have the code saved on several computers). :mad:

Um, really?

PCCViking likes this.
  15. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Thank you. :)

Master_Lok likes this.
  16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Chinese food fortune cookie blues:

So mom's friend gets a lovely fortune in her cookie, and mine: "If we are all worms, be a glow worm!" [face_laugh]o_O[face_laugh]

I get it, but worms?

Couldn't I be a sparkly varactyl?

At least these weren't as maudlin as the fortunes in my usual Chinese food delivery, but dang.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I hate neighborhood fireworks.

So do my cats.

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Was posting art in the art thread and one of the names in the link ran afoul of the profanity filter.

19. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Saw that.

:(

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Hm no one in my parents' neighborhood where I was set off fireworks. If they did, the dogs would just like it. Weirdos.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's a 'thing' for New Year's Eve (and other holidays like Christmas) here in the UK. When I used to have cats I had to keep them out of the bedroom if there were fireworks, otherwise I'd have to dig them out from under the bed.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Figures the bulb of the light right inside our front door shed its last watt on Tuesday and I cannot change the bulb.

More electrical fun the landlord has to fix: the upstairs outlets are still not fixed.
    [face_sigh]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Had to do a drug & alcohol Clearinghouse thing with the government. Timeout after timeout I tried over and over and finally got to the point of Terms&Conditions....and it timed out again. %^&* it, I'll try later.

24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^Ouch.

Up all night with cramps in my calves (In my case it's a sign lack of potassium, calcium & magnesium). I took all three which usually calms things down within minutes.

Nope.

Then, dog alarms.

Will have to wait on sleep until this afternoon. :_|

In other news, it's official, I can no longer use Macs. After 3 years of back and forth got confirmation, I refuse to spend that $$$$ on hardware and then be forced to use subscription based virtual machine software. Finally accepting the switch as I look forward to Windows and Android.

Off to request refunds for some of those digital movies I bought through iTunes last week.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So my two Amazon UK orders both showed 'Out for Delivery' on the order page. Could they manage to put them both on the same van? No. First delivery arrived within the time slot shown on the order page and I asked the delivery man if there was a second package. He said they had a few vans operating in the area today and it was probably on one of the other ones. Fair enough. So the time slot for the second delivery was originally 1245-215 PM. Did it come? No. They kept increasing the end time by 1/2 hour increments til it hit 345 PM. That came and went and the message changed to 'arriving by 9PM'. Now it shows a slot from 515-815 PM. I'm not impressed at all with their 'estimated time slots'.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020