main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Been there and done that. Usually I try to get a 2-in-1 but I've made the mistake before with Head & Shoulders..

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Medication for mom and groceries.

Master_Lok and Princess_Tina like this.
  3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *Facepalm* Yeah, wrong thread.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Hey having to buy meds and groceries IS a first world problem :p

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    So the landlord tries to fix the boiler to restore our heat (I thought it was fixed because I felt and heard some heat), but it is not fixed. After short burst of warmth, nothing (of course, after he leaves). Landlord lives very far away, and it is a chore to get the tenant out so he could get in to do the work.

Am hoping it is the furnace simply taking its time to adjust, and I will wake up perspiring overnight.

If not, I will have to deal with no heat for a few days, because I have to work later this week and visit mom on Tuesday night. [face_sigh]

6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Nope, no heat. :_| And no sleep either...
    [face_hypnotized][face_nail_biting][face_hypnotized]

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Ouch. That sucks.

LOL, true. But still not the thread I was originally aiming for,:p

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Master_Lok likes this.
  8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Try getting a small space heater for just your bedroom Master Lok.

Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    :rolleyes:Heat was fixed, but our block lost electric for hours yesterday. So food is a wash I thunk.

I do not know how many hours the electric was out, because I took a trip... to the ER.:rolleyes: Fell on a grate. [face_beatup]

My chin will now sport Harrison Ford and Joker-smile like scars. And dominant arm has a small fracture.

It could have been much worse, so I am very grateful.

Thankfully, my arm will just be in a sling for a few weeks. Cannot do part of my work though. Touch typing on an iPhone sucks.

Yes, I could enable dictation. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, family, mom's friend and beautiful strangers stepped up to the plate. ER team was great too. I am sure work will understand.

Yes, staying positive, what else can I do? Jedi mind tricking myself to heal and have no pain. And think about the positives, my cute doctors and x ray guy. :p

Anyway, "another happy landing.":obiwan:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh jeez. That doesn't sound like a fun day.

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002

Sorry to hear that - sounds like a bad day all around. However the food might be OK as long as the fridge and freezer stayed shut. I had the power out for about 6 hours in my flat in December and because I kept both closed things were still cold/frozen.

Master_Lok likes this.
  12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Got a new MacBook Air at work today. Except there are a few issues. One being, it's taking forever to install Word and Power Point. And until they are installed, I basically can't do any work. So it's piling up, especially since I was out sick yesterday.

The other issue is these fancy new Macs don't have any regular USB ports. Of course not [face_plain] So in order to get my mouse to work they had to use a huge attachment. Which isn't great when you use a laptop exclusively in laptop mode in your recliner.

Soooo I went ahead and ordered a bluetooth mouse to replace to one I currently have.

But yeah, right now I'm just sitting around with nothing to do as Word and PowerPoint very very slowly install.

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    @LAJ_FETT thanks, the outage wasn't long, but I do not trust eating the chicken.

Speaking of eating, food prep is not happening, so debating ordering veggie juice if I can get by Friday and no idea about groceries now since I have to cut most veg for prep.

Anyway, probably take out once I can figure out exactly what I can eat. The stuff you take for granted.

@solojones MBAs slowness: MBA only have 2 cores in the cpu and those faulty keyboards. It is also probably indexing in the background.

I'd exchange for the 16" Macbook Pro if you can.

Speaking of macs, my iMac said f you and an erase and restore did not fix. It also refuses to recognize the wired keyboard it shipped with (thinking my machine is much newer).

So yay, I am done with this iMac. At least the drive is wiped so none of my info iscompromised.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well it's not mine and I didn't buy it, so I can't exchange it :p All I care about is that it's faster than my old MBA from work which was a 2015.

15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh... It should be decent once the machine finishes indexing (presuming it was indexing).

Yeah, Mac dongle life is not fun.

Anyway, good luck.

The instructions for my stitches never made it home with me. :rolleyes: Either the nurse or ER doc forgot to include them. And I forgot to check. :rolleyes:

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So my mom said I needed to turn on Criminal Minds because there was a guy she thought modeled on the Price is Right on the show. I turn it on and almost immediately there is a horrific jump scare involving a clown.

Thanks mom.

Edit: @Master_Lok : Call the hospital and see if you can't get ahold of the ER Doctor or nurse that treated you and see if they can't tell you the instructions or email them to you.

solojones likes this.
  17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    For sure call the hospital for your discharge instructions..those are important!

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I did, they said I have to call another department tomorrow at 9:00 a.m.

Thanks everyone.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't get NBC on my TV.

20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Windy night= terrible smoking conditions on my to/at work.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I got a nosebleed yesterday and it won't go away.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Oh noes!

[​IMG]

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well it's more that every time I blow my nose it starts bleeding again. Annoying.

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    @solojones have you checked that out?

Hope you are okay. And how is the MBA?

Yesterday: confirmed iMac is dead, and I can unclog a toilet using my non dominant arm.

Forgot to get dry shampoo and toothpaste while staying with family. :rolleyes: They eat pretty bad, so I also have to figure out how to get veggie juice here.

Good news: Not much physical pain, which is great. Chin is healing up well. :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020