main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    A fellow at a bus stop earlier today asked me if I thought the government can regulate our imaginations, and I replied "Have you seen any of the South Park 'Imaginationland' episodes?" He said no, which was a bummer... I really wanted to make a couple of references to that.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    solojones and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I want to go swimming.

Vialco likes this.
  3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    A book was supposed to arrive via Amazon today. Says right there "Arriving by 8 pm" and it is 7:53 and the tracking line has not arrived at "out for delivery".

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I want to cuddle my dog but she won't come sit with me.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Did you get your book? In the UK they deliver up til 9PM.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Nope. So now it is general information saying I should get it sometime between the 4th and 8th and if not I get a refund. I hate ordering anything online for this very reason.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Vialco likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Ouch. Maybe it got a bit lost in the system. I've never had one not show up on the day - not from the UK site, anyway. (US site can be problematic though). I have had the delivery people put stuff through someone else's door though, even though all the flats have number plates. Luckily we all know the other residents (there are only 4 flats) so if something gets misdelivered we can put things right.

8. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Welp... After having done the maths for the charges and taxes we didn't pay during confinement and will have to be paid on top of the regular - and with two less months' worth of revenues this year - I now know I'll cease payments and file for bankruptcy in december unless I somehow manage to make, in the last 4 months of the year, as much in revenue as I normally do in a normal year (I did a very good one last year, so of course they're provisioning more taxes than usual this year...)

Which means I'll only be able to sustain the taxes and charges of next year if I manage to do a year worth twice as much as normal.

I have a feeling I get to pick between bankruptcy soon, and bankruptcy later after my health collapses...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I want to see the Blue Jay I am hearing right now, but noooo....

@Lordban :( Hope it works out for you with the least stress across the board. [:D]

10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Lordban likes this.
  11. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Sometimes they change delivery dates at the last minute. Hope you get it soon.

12. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Thanks. I'm already rather tired, so at this point, I'm going to work every day for the rest of July and send out reports that imply fast billing, then rest as much as I can in August. Then I'll try and only take every other week-end for the rest of the year, and refuse cases I'll know won't be cost-effective for the foreseeable future...

Master_Lok and Princess_Tina like this.
  13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Next week we start our review process at work. I want to ask for a 10% raise plus three extra PTO days per year. I am freaking out.

14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [:D]
    Just see it as a done deal. [:D]

This Monday is voluntary return to work. The boss asked me to come in for one day a week knowing that my risk of Covid exposure is heightened (commuter train and the NYC subway and then walking through a very crowded transit hub). I said no. She was pissed. So boss just tried to shame me using all Caps in her response to another peer who agreed to come in.

I am trying hard to acclimate, but the overall stress and negative vibes at this firm is very real. They are giving me a “little more time”, but they are as much at fault as I am. :rolleyes:

Vialco and Juliet316 like this.
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Screw them. If it's voluntary, it should truly be voluntary. I for one am glad to know they don't expect those of us at high risk to come in any time soon, and I will fight not to until I have a vaccine.

Vialco, Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  16. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I cannot stand it when I'm on a site that automatically loads more content when you scroll low enough to the bottom of the page, and just as that happens I see something that I'm interested in taking a deeper look at, but then the page just gets all shifty and places you somewhere totally random, and than you have to completely reset where you last remember yourself scrolling on the page in order to find what had previously caught your interest.

It's almost like it knows...

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Had this exchange with a co-worker some minutes ago:

”What’s happening, Portia?”

“Not much; just enjoying this coffee.”

“Ah! Have you seen Pulp Fiction?”

“No.”

[​IMG] .

:p

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  18. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm surprised Tarantino hasn't been canceled because of the joke that comes next in that scene. I kind of have mixed feelings about it, but it's not my decision to make.

19. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    indeed .
    and when you go to click on something the page shunts and you've clicked on something else !

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  20. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I engaged in far too much retail therapy in the spring. Now I have to slash my discretionary spending to the bone to try and make up for it.

21. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    I have 51 personal hours, 100 unpaid hours and soon to have 120 hours of vacation time. I won’t be using it any time soon.

Vialco likes this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Someone has to be at the back end of the Amazon UK delivery window and it looks like it's my turn. My slot at this point is 5:30-730 PM. (It's about 5:10 PM now). Delivery gods have frowned on me so far today.

23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    A huge hole blossomed in my bed sheet, and I do not want to change my bed sheet. [face_sigh]

I suppose this is when I exclaim, “Oh Sheet!”

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    PCCViking and Juliet316 like this.
  24. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I have just run out of beer and there are still 3 more hours before I'll be going to bed.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  25. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    How in the world does something have a distinct layer of dust on it when it's been sitting inside a plastic storage container for a while? I'm usually pretty neat and tidy with my stuff so I know for a fact I wouldn't have put it in there that way. It's been in a closet too, so it's not like it was shelved anywhere that is excessively dirty. In honor Comic Con @ Home I'm digging out a few geeky posters and keepsakes to display, but there seems to be dust even inside where I specifically had figured this stuff would remain dust free. It's not a whole thick layer or anything, but enough for me to want to clean off.

Princess_Tina and Master_Lok like this.