main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Windows 11 looks like 10 with some aesthetic tweaks.

2. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I have a new car and new dog and I bring my dog to work with me every day but I haven't ridden either of my bikes to work at all this year.

I need a sidecar.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Allegedly (big allegedly) this where they’re finally killing console. Pour one out for C:\start C:\programfiles\folder\folder\thing.exe.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I suspect that's just the leaked build, but whaddaiknow.

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Wait... Windows 11? I left off where MS were not going past 10.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Holy crap, the music Apple chooses while you are waiting for a rep is absolute garbage, even the jazz. I’ve never heard jazz that got on my nerves until now.

7. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm supposed to be sticking to a tight budget this month to save for the rainy days to come. But Calvin Klein had a 50% off sale and I just couldn't stop myself.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe it's getting on your nerves because your on hold? I know there's some 'hold' music that I probably would have liked under other circumstances, but was annoyed by because I was on hold.

Master_Lok likes this.
  9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Nah, I can believe it, most holding music “jazz” is bad.

On a completely unrelated note, I’m running into an annoying phenomenon where a lot of my everyday clothing is wearing out. Which is ridiculous, most of it is only 5-10 years old.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    No, but after all that, no surprise Apple would not give me a pro-rated refund for the extended warranty my MacBook Pro. Stupidly, you only qualify during the Back to School event (right now), and even then you have to request this within 60 days of purchasing the warranty. It gets better: Then you have to cancel the AppleCare and repurchase it at the lower price.o_O The absolute dumbest way to do it.o_O:rolleyes: Not surprised.

On a similar dumb tech note, my work PC asked me if I wanted to back up my personal photos and files. Um...I guess this Excel project is personal...:rolleyes:[face_laugh]

and yesterday, it suddenly did not like the HTML connection to my monitor. I’m sure it’s the Excel file.;)

11. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    It's sweltering hot outside. My apartment is luckily shaded by a big bush and some trees, but it can get uncomfy stuffy in here. Especially when I move too much.

The heat sticks well into the night, too. Past couple nights I've had to open my front door.

Sarge likes this.
  12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    @Ava G. [:D]

[face_sigh]I think I have to start a Tumblr account...the images on my Google blogs will not open into their own window anymore. :( Well, I guess that Moon Knight blog will now be a thing...

Ava G. and Vialco like this.
  13. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I can't decide if the sidecar I want to buy for my dog should be attached to my Softail or my Sportster. This is the first time in my life that I've had a conundrum involving having more than one Harley which is something I could never have predicted 10 years ago. I am grateful beyond measure to have this problem.

Now as soon as I get one I bet it will scare the ever-loving **** out of my dog and it will be one of those things that ends up in a barn somewhere, covered in dust.

Sarge, Ava G. and Master_Lok like this.
  14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Hopefully the dog will not freak out.

Sadly, no tumblr...too much argh for me...not sure what else to use as a blog site. Been using Blogger for 15 years.[face_sigh]

15. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    It's my 20 year high school reunion so I am getting bombarded with facebook friend requests and group discussions invites and I'm like, you bullied me in high school, I don't like you, even if I was near you I wouldn't attend whatever you are planning, leave me alone. I know forgive and forget, but I'm not obligated to be anyone's friend right??

It IS convenient I am 9,000 miles away during a pandemic. Perfect excuse!

16. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    I need sleep. :(

Kiki Jinn and Master_Lok like this.
  17. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Obscure reference count since 4AM: 3.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    No sleep and proofreading the same Excel workbook for the 6th day straight[face_hypnotized]...no surprise why I’d rather watch a medical illustrator talk about the bones in the skull instead...[face_batting][face_skull][face_batting]

Lordban and Kiki Jinn like this.
  19. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    My kid’s private school bill is going to go up significantly the Fall.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  20. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    I always find myself blanking out a little when the list of the parties in a case includes a jail number...

Master_Lok likes this.
  21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Make that 7 days... the person in charge did not clarify a document type until this morning...:rolleyes:

While working with Excel, EVERYONE can hear your scream. :_|

22. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    muh eyes

~eye drops~

23. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    oops, wrong thread

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  24. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Not so much a problem as a WTF moment, our social security sent me, along with a fresh card, a leaflet to remind me to apply for census on the year I turn 16 [face_whistling]

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You little youngling. Given your registration date you were really too young to post here.. :p

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    PCCViking, Juliet316 and Lordban like this.