main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Seems way too aggressive though. And, performance car guys are already defeating it(not hard to bypass it on automatic equipped Camaros, new Corvettes, etc). Its jarring and doesnt always work so great. My daughters 2022 Subaru Crosstrek does allow the driver to turn it off although you have to do it every time you start the car. I can see it being valid for longer periods of time while idling - makes sense then. But basically everytime the car comes to a stop? Overkill, IMO.

Just more justification to get a six speed manual in my Camaro. :D This new thing doesnt apply to manuals.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    both my cars are manual

Sarge likes this.
  3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_sigh][face_sigh]So… Christian Ward is opening up commission slots for the first time in years today, but…I’ve been waiting for an Alex Maleev Moon Knight piece that will drop any day now (Not to mention my being on Alex’s commissions list for this Fall.)

I have to let the Ward commission go… [face_sigh]Truly, not important.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  4. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Really? Hmmm. At least on the 2022 Camaro with an MT, that feature isn’t deployed. Nor on various other MT cars.

Im surprised since at a red light you should be in neutral to save throw out bearing wear and tear. Old manual trick. So, if the engine were to shut off, you’d have to clutch in or the car won’t start? Right? Just seems like a lot of screwing around to me. Oh and I suppose you could keep the clutch in at stops but then if you wear that out bearing faster then it’s a lot costlier than a few bucks of fuel over the course of long period. I dunno, maybe this makes sense in heavy traffic or whatever. Outside of that? Nah. Glad my car won’t have it.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  5. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    A housemate moved in and has a Powerline Wi-Fi adapter, meaning my wi-fi is now spottier than normal.

Of course, I'm going to have to get a Powerline now, because it seems less of a dick move than going onto the router webpage and choking his bandwidth without saying anything.

6. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I've asked for help in the rethink your life thread like 5 minutes ago or 1am about YouTube banners and if someone will make me one and no one replied yet!

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Had to turn down an offer of a shot of whiskey at a bus stop earlier, because, well, I was on my way to work.

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    With about 16-20 hours of train travel looming for me in the next two weeks, I thought to myself: "Is it time to finally go back? Is it time... to see a Star War?"

And the answer was no, because I'm transiting between two countries without Disney+ and those ****ing things cost €20 each to own digitally.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Master_Lok likes this.
  9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Someone at work gave me free coffee and I'm reminded why I don't drink the stuff.

10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    There is absolutely nothing more anxiety inducing than having to travel only a short distance, but in doing so, you encounter every single red light, every driver in front of you does the opposite of what you wish for them to do in order to make your drive a little easier, every construction crew decides to work on the exact route you are taking, all while you are crunched for time.

It's as if the universe literally decides I'm going to **** with this guy right now. Probably thinks it's real ****ing funny.

jcgoble3, Rew, PCCViking and 2 others like this.
  11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The bar/restaurant is out of oysters, so me and my boyfriend got a free dessert of truffles instead.

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Songs recently heard over the P.A. system at work: (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction and Under Pressure.

Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_rofl] Well, someone is letting their coworkers know exactly how they feel.

May everyone there have an easier remainder to your day.

So Apple is making it a lot easier for me to cut back on buying Fruit Tech. Beyond passing off cheap parts and crap quality control as “normal”; as a company that claims to be diverse and inclusive, they are seriously full of stuff. That pay disparity is offensive.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Got a craving for Godiva dark chocolate from B&N. Drove 20 minutes, they did not have it. I settled for caramel. It started raining too.

15. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    There is a lot of traffic when the Green Bay Packers play.

16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    My older sister made it very clear that we should not make our siblings status known on our IG accounts (hers is business, mine is personal).

Cut to this morning: When she posts a comment on my latest artwork about me being her little sis who is great at drawing anime [face_laugh]o_O[face_laugh] and is accepting commissions. I mean holy [face_hypnotized][face_laugh]

Uh…dear sis: Doesn’t that defeat your purpose of not wanting potential customers of your IG store knowing your little sister follows your shop? :rolleyes:

…Siblings…[face_plain]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    My body is warm but my feet are cold and my mom stole my fuzzy socks and took them to Minnesota.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Sometimes, just putting on regular socks helps warm my feet. Or do you have slippers?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I’ve been caffeine free since August 2019!

Sarge likes this.
  20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I put on regular socks, but I don't like them.

21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    :( Maybe buy more fuzzy socks?

…I know…I know…but just asking.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Haha I'll be ok.

Master_Lok likes this.
  23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Of course. :)

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    On the other hand, she is trying to help you out by promoting you and your commission work.

Master_Lok likes this.
  25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I know. :) I’ve yet to advertise commissions, but where there was one, there will be many more. :) I want her business to do well, especially since she’s trying to move off of Etsy due to fee gouging.

Juliet316 likes this.