main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Had a dream I went to the bank and could not find my account card. I then proceeded to spend what felt like 3 hours going through every fold of my wallet looking for it and for some reason could not recall my account number. I woke up in real life feeling like I had been grinding my teeth, knew exactly what my account number was, repositioned to go back to sleep and BAM! that alarm goes off.

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Bummer. At least you know your account number…:)

I completely forgot to put in a grocery delivery order for today…:oops:

3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I really cannot stand these big media companies. Anything worth watching has been taken away, all so they could sell it back to us through a streaming service. Anytime something gains any traction in popularity, even something that is old, it gets taken off the market for the same reason. Every has-been celebrity hijacks the things you enjoy in order to make a quick buck off of it. It makes it so that the little that is still available feels like a chore to engage in, knowing what’s behind it. And the market for new content is just so saturated with productions all trying to make a quick buck, I couldn’t keep up even if I wanted to.

This has got to burst eventually.

QUIGONMIKE likes this.
  4. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_love][face_sigh] Just saw the pencils of my Lan Medina Moon Knight commission…[face_hypnotized]:eek:[face_love][face_love][face_love]:eek:[face_hypnotized] and I’m just lost in all the different shading techniques and values he did in pencil: cross-hatching, subtle blends, damn…it’s gorgeous and he still has to ink it. I have such a long way to go art-wise, but seeing this in-process piece inspires me to want to improve.

Unfortunately, real life isn’t allowing me the time to put in, only brief doodles. [face_sigh] [face_phbbbbt] Real life…[face_phbbbbt]

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    My area of Virginia has hit an Indian Summer phase where the temps are in the upper 70s/lower 80s and the high humidity is making it one big soupy mess.

Fifi Kenobi and Rew like this.
  6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [:D]

Ugh, sorry. It’s bad enough to deal with that in the summer.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Same in South Carolina except mid to upper 80s. :(

8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    :( [:D]:(

Ugh…I cannot complain about NY weather then.

I want to go back to sleep but am waiting on groceries. :rolleyes:

Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't mind the temps being in the upper 70s/low 80s (perfect sweet spot for me in terms of temps), but it's October, the humidity should not be this damn high in October.

Master_Lok and PCCViking like this.
  10. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Yeah, the humidity is so high here that windows are fogging up on the outside.

I wanted soup weather dang it, not soupy weather!

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  11. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    I had to leave the place I was, “working from home” from because it was getting too loud and we have an important meeting (that just started) where I should really not have the sound of a full blown party going on behind me.

Juliet316 , Master_Lok and solojones like this.
  12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The floor people are coming right at the time I have to leave to see the doctor

Kiki Jinn likes this.
  13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    :rolleyes: ^

Mom’s PT blows. He’s so freaking negative... that’s the last thing she needs right now.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Have you talked to her doctor about getting another PT for her?

Master_Lok likes this.
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Thank you for the suggestion, we’re on it.[:D]

He’s part of a Home nurse service (He serves this area.) We’re calling tomorrow. I almost kicked him out of the house, but very loudly said “And now for the good news!” within earshot.

Mom being mom, at least we had a good laugh about something else today. She keeps calling Microsoft, Microwave! [face_laugh] So I said “My brain feels like it’s been microwaved after I work in Excel all day. So you’re correct.” :p I do not think I’ll call them Microsoft again for awhile. Microwave is perfect, especially in relation to Excel. [face_laugh]=D=[face_laugh]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Sarge, Fifi Kenobi and Juliet316 like this.
  16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I have gotten obnoxious, bulky campaign fliers from literally every single party in the Czech Republic in my mailbox in the buildup to the election this weekend and now they're trying to hand them out on the streets around my office. Is it Sunday yet? [face_beatup]

Kiki Jinn likes this.
  17. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    So far, we had a hot summer here in upstate, NY. Fall has been warmer than usual but not soupy at all. Actually kind of nice. And soooooo pretty this time of year. :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    Fifi Kenobi likes this.
  18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Juan Ferreyra is at NYCC and I’m not! :_|

At least he’s taking some great reference photos of architecture around Hudson Yards and the Javits Center for future comic interiors/backgrounds. I may request his using these references if I order another commission or two in the future.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    Juliet316 and vin like this.
  19. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    Mercury is still retrograde, WAaaaahhhhhhhhhh:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|

20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Because the official Doctor Who sites and social media is blank, I can't play the Doctor Who 13 game.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    What an adventure. Woke in the middle of the night with a bad belly ache. Like doubled over can’t walk belly ache. So bad I went to the hospital. While in the waiting room it went away. In one minute it was gone. So they did not bother checking on me further. I went home and to sleep.
    I woke and the ache was back. And it was bad. Went back to the hospital and they checked me out with blood and scans.
    They did not see anything wrong. Nothing. The moment I laid down for the scan it went away though not fully.
    I was discharged, given a drug, and bought a roll on pain reliever which works.
    Now so my 50th birthday is not totally ruined I’m off to see No Time To Die.

22. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    Astro-Tarot Twitter keep reminding me about this every five seconds.

Master_Lok likes this.
  23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Unfortunately, my Astro Tarot sister did the same thing. :p

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Later on I went to bed but I heard the bathroom make a gargling sound. There was waste backup in the bathtub. WTF. After making the call it literally made another gargling sound and happily drained itself to which I then scrubbed it down.

25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I found out that some people who work in my building but don't interact with me much think I'm (unarmed at all times?) police because I work near a police office. So I tasered them a few times, maced their eyes, and arrested them for disorderly conduct.

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.