main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun ITT We Post Famous Quotes Out Of Context

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Dark Ferus, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Honestly, the only reason King Tut is famous is that most Pharaohs had their graves robbed by ancient people, and King Tut had his grave robbed by 20th-century British people.

2. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    The community must be able to trust their air, water, and soil is not a threat to their health following this train derailment

Sky_alma, Juliet316 and Iron_lord like this.
  3. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Dear world, I am leaving you because I am bored.

4. Sky_alma

Sky_alma Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2022
    The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.

Juliet316 , Dark Ferus and Iron_lord like this.
  5. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Where the bourgeois economists saw a relation between things (the exchange of one commodity for another) Marx revealed a relation between people.

Sky_alma and Iron_lord like this.
  6. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    “I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them their jobs.”

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  7. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right.

Sky_alma and Iron_lord like this.
  8. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    We should let the students read fiction and take a nap in class, and we should look after their health. Teachers should lecture less and make the students read more.

9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Fairy tales do not give the child his first idea of bogey. What fairy tales give the child is his first clear idea of the possible defeat of bogey. The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon.

Sky_alma and Dark Ferus like this.
  10. Sky_alma

Jun 27, 2022
    Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and, therefore, the foundation of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathize with humans whose experiences we have never shared.

Juliet316 , Dark Ferus and Iron_lord like this.
  11. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Nothing is going to fundamentally change.

Juliet316 , Sky_alma and Iron_lord like this.
  12. Sky_alma

Jun 27, 2022
    You cannot find peace by avoiding life.

Juliet316 , Iron_lord and Dark Ferus like this.
  13. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    America celebrates civil rights as if the movement that sought them was victorious.
    But the movement was vilified, its leaders assassinated, and its policy “victories” limited—and then later reversed.

Juliet316 and Iron_lord like this.
  14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Another such victory over the Romans and we are undone.

Juliet316 and Dark Ferus like this.
  15. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Young voters felt like this was betraying the climate goals they had set forth.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Give me liberty or give me death

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    @POTUS
    is wrong. The approval of a massive oil development project on federal lands is a mistake we will regret for generations. The Willow project’s devastating consequences will be suffered by all of us. We must move forward not backward.

18. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    The colonial populations were drawn into the European war on an unprecedented scale. Indians, Blacks, Arabs and Malagasy fought on the territories of Europe—for the sake of what? For the right to remain the slaves of Britain and France. Never before has the infamy of capitalist rule in the colonies been delineated so clearly; never before has the problem of colonial slavery been posed so sharply as it is today.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Power of the Dark Side

Power of the Dark Side Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2023
    You have sat there for far too long for any good you have done of late. Depart then I say and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Mr Lely, I desire you would use all your skill to paint your picture truly like me, and not flatter me at all; but remark all these roughness, pimples, warts, and everything as you see me; otherwise I will never pay a farthing for it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  21. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I'm certainly a beneficiary of this state-based, quasi-market system; does that mean that I shouldn't try to make it a better society? If I gave away my car, I would feel even more guilty. When I go to visit peasants in southern Colombia, they don't want me to give up my car. They want me to help them. Suppose I gave up material things -- my computer, my car and so on -- and went to live on a hill in Montana where I grew my own food. Would that help anyone? No.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Power of the Dark Side

Mar 17, 2023
    "Fool me once, shame on...shame on me. Fool me twice...Well if I once fool you I won't fool you again!"

23. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    “Loans and grants” from the state, too, are bound to benefit the bourgeois peasantry in the first place. The “peasant agrarian revolution” is nothing but the subordination of the whole system of land ownership to the conditions of progress and prosperity of precisely these capitalist farms.

Money rent is the moribund yesterday, which cannot but die out. Capitalist rent is the nascent tomorrow, which cannot but develop under the Stolypin expropriation of the poor peasants (“under Article 87”), as well as under the peasant expropriation of the richest landlords.

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. Power of the Dark Side

Mar 17, 2023
    When we hang the capitalists, they will sell us the rope we use.

Dark Ferus and Iron_lord like this.
  25. Dank Farrik

Dank Farrik Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2023
    ''We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, We shall never surrender''