main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO I've got the DVD's!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    And they look amazing! All the changes are real, if you are wondering, but it's not that big a deal. These movies look brand new, like they were released this year. I love them!

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Here he goes...

Wonder when mine will arrive at my house?

3. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    can you confirm or deny the change of the emperor ruining the surprise of Luke being Vader's son?

after much contemplation, I've concluded that will be the deciding factor as to whether or not I purchase the set.

4. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Here's how the dialogue goes:

Vader-"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Emperor-"There is a great disturbance in the Force"

V-"I have felt it my master"

E-"We have a new enemy...the young Rebel who destroyed the Death Star. I have no doubt this boy is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker."

V-"How is that possible?"

E-"Search your feelings Lord Vader...you will know it to be true."

Now, nowhere in ANH or ESB before this scene does anyone call Vader "Anakin" so I don't see it as spoiling the surprise. As far as the movie goer knows, Luke is the son of Anakin Skywalker, a Jedi killed by Darth Vader. Also, the controversy over whether Vader knew about Luke before that scene is false. The "And I'm sure Skywalker is with them" line is still in there before the battle of Hoth.

5. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    thank god!!!!!

so basically it makes you think that vader could be worried that Luke will eventually bring down the man that killed his father

I shall probably go tonight to buy this.

6. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    I got mine yesterday in the mail (buy.com). I agree with Chiss here, the further restoration they did to these movies is incredible.

The Han/Greedo scene looks better, not as jerky.
    ANH Jabba looks a whole lot better than the SE version.
    I'm still getting used to Hayden as Anakin ghost, but it looks pretty good.
    The new Emporer scene looks better, just not sure about Ian's delivery, seems "choppy"

The best work HAS to be what they did to the Rancor scene. No more fuzzy Luke, clean Rancor or clean Luke, fuzzy rancor.

All in all, these things are great. Some of the changes will take some getting used to, but nothing beats the improved sound & picture quality (and I personally haven't noticed any of the sound issues everyone keeps talking about)

7. kancerman

kancerman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    got my copy right after 10am this morning ... and the new Stephen King!

8. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    I bought mine about 11:00 a.m. today.

Haven't watched them yet cause I also got Battlefront and I got caught up in it.

9. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    My only two issues....

ANH: The escape from the death star the "boxes" around the ties seemed the worse I've ever seen.

ESB: Luke leaving the Wampa cave the sound is the lightsaber shutting down but it remains on.....

Other than that.... Oh yeah!!!!!!

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Mine came in the mail, but no time to watch anything. Damn school.

11. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I pushed my studies aside for the evening. (Even though I have an exam today [face_blush])

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    No can do. Looks like MAYBE Saturday I can watch it.

13. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    I ordered mine through amazon, it would have gotten here today, but I goofed on the adress (being a new place and all), and won't get here til tomorrow. That's okay though, I think I probably saved several bucks

14. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I just want to say, the Hayden scene looks great. It first I loved the idea, then I started to think it was a bad idea, but then when you watch it....it just works.

And did anybody notice the new line in A New Hope? When the stormtroopers were searching the Falcon one of them says "There's no one here!" Nothing big, but if it wasn't new I never noticed it before.

15. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I read that Peter Jackson appears in a few interviews on the 4th disc.

16. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I agree CJ, the Hayden scene just seems...right, I guess. This really is starting to feel like one saga, not the Prequel Trilogy and the Original Trilogy.

The Peter Jackson interview on the 4th disc is great! It's awesome to see LOTR set to Star Wars music. :cool:

17. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I watched Star Wars last night, and while I had just worked a 12 hour day and was a bit sleepy, I noticed a new change that I didn't care for. Does anybody else seem to think they over did "lightning" effect when Obi-Wan and Darth have their fight scene at the end. Unless my eyes were deceiving me, they went overboard on that effect.

Watch it and you'll see what I mean.

Oh well, maybe when he releases the next version of it he'll have a change of heart again. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

18. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    Did anyone notice when C-3PO and R2-D2 were leaving the escape pod on Tatooine, that the lid of the pod was blue. Like the blue screens they use for special effects.

At first I thought it was just me, but I kept seeing it.

Did they forget to put something in its place?

19. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I love the green flash effect added to the sabers in ANH whenever they hit. I think it makes the duel seem more intense, but it's not that big a change.

Something I found out while listening to the commentary, did any of you know Ben Burtt played the officer in ROTJ who got thrown over the railing in the bunker? Heh heh, it just makes the scene even funnier now that I know that...

20. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek

Master_Nawibo_Ibonek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    The sabers looked more volital more energetic like.
    I had to look twice though to see ghost Anakin in the RotJ at the end.

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I just want to say, the Hayden scene looks great. It first I loved the idea, then I started to think it was a bad idea, but then when you watch it....it just works.
    I agree CJ, the Hayden scene just seems...right, I guess. This really is starting to feel like one saga, not the Prequel Trilogy and the Original Trilogy.

:eek: I can't believe what I am seeing... You guys have to be kidding.

22. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    " I can't believe what I am seeing... You guys have to be kidding. "

Nope. My favorite addition to the film :-D.

I think it just looks absolutely perfect...and now when I see the other version it just feels like something's missing...with Hayden Christensen added, it adds this weird sense of completion to it, and it just looks...natural, and makes it seem more emotional, for me atleast.

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Natural? He faded in to Shaw's rightful spot next to Yoda and Obi-Wan, and he was smirking when he came in! I thought it was completely ridiculous. If you're gonna do something like that, why not just put in young Obi-Wan?

24. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Because it is the Jedi are suppossed to be returning in the form of what they looked the last time they were Jedi. And so, the last moment Anakin was a Jedi was Episode III, therefore it makes sense to make him appear that way.

25. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    No, the last moment he was a Jedi was when he looked on Luke 'with his own eyes'... At least that's what I always thought. His redemption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.