main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO I've got the DVD's!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I can't wait to get those DVDs! The changes seem slight... yet slight changes don't hurt, as I can see.

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Consider the case of a person who is watching the saga for the first time. They will think of Anakin Skywalker as Hayden Christensen (from AOTC and ROTS). When it gets time to see Anakin in ROTJ, what would resonate with them more: a random old guy, or the person they automatically identify as Anakin? I feel it'll be a bit of a bad note if I'm watching ROTJ with a Star Wars virgin, and they would have to ask me "Who's that old guy?" That's why I like that change, it makes this saga more cohesive. All IMHO, of course.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I can't wait to get those DVDs! The changes seem slight... yet slight changes don't hurt, as I can see.
    These aren't little changes. Some are big changes.

4. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Not really. Dajuan, you're just overreacting because you don't like the changes. They are all minor, at best.

5. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Minor?! How can you consider changing all the foreground music in ROTJ minor?

6. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I didn't notice anything new except the end music, really...(and I'm just talking about music changes right now). I could be wrong, I haven't watched old ROTJ in forever now.

7. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I gotta say the whole Hayden ghost thing is not minor...that's major and it sucks

8. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    What's wrong with the new ROTJ music? I thought the Yub Nub song was rather cheesy....and lacked emotion.

9. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I liked the new RotJ music from SE. But Yub Nub should have been kept somewhere. Fitting it in the credits would have been good.

10. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I admit, the ending of the Yub Nub song was good, like when the Jedi Spirits first showed up and the music got softer, but the rest I didn't care much for.

11. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm soooooo not getting into this argument again...

12. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek

Master_Nawibo_Ibonek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    Personally, I liked all the dvd movies and I liked all the add-ins on them. I really enjoyed them all. I'm a stars wars FREAK, I mean NERD!!! So, I like everything star wars. What can I say? That's just me so live with it. HaHaHa!!! LOL!!!

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Yep, I'm going to stop arguing here too. I won't get into it yet again.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Hard to do isn't it JCF and Diva? You just want other people to see your point of view. Grrrrrrr.

15. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    You just want other people to see your point of view.

My point of view? You mean the right point of view :p

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    My point of view? You mean the right point of view :p
    :^0

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, I'm just sick and tired of talking about it. If Lucas hadn't made these changes, we wouldn't be arguing.

But, I guess it kind of has to go with what Obi-Wan said, and I try to follow this quote, but it's hard. "Some of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view."

Just check my sig to see what I think. ;)

18. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Well, I'd like people to see my point of view, but I guess both sides are disappointed now, aren't we?

19. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Well, I'd like people to see my point of view

OK

Consider the case of a person who is watching the saga for the first time. They will think of Anakin Skywalker as Hayden Christensen (from AOTC and ROTS).

Said person then would never have seen the movie I first saw and fell in love with!

When it gets time to see Anakin in ROTJ, what would resonate with them more: a random old guy, or the person they automatically identify as Anakin? I feel it'll be a bit of a bad note if I'm watching ROTJ with a Star Wars virgin, and they would have to ask me "Who's that old guy?"

And you'd explain, "That "random old guy" is Sabastian Shaw, the first... the ORIGINAL Anakin Skywalker.... from before you were born...."......

20. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    And what do you mean by "both sides" being dissappointed? Both sides of what? The Anakin thing? Um, I'm cool......

21. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I was replying to Dajuan, she said it's frustrating to not have people get their point of view.

22. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    I was replying to Dajuan, she said it's frustrating to not have people get their point of view.

Didn't see where she said that. Anyway, I tried to see your side.....

23. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Basically, the reason these "opinion" threads get outta control is because we all forget that these are OPINIONS. If you prefer the new dvd's--you have every right to...they are special to you for a reason. And, also, if you prefer the old classic ones--you also have every right to...for the same reason. I think it's great that people have different opinions...but the problem comes when we start critcizing others. If someone tells me that I'm crazy for being in love with the classics and I'm stupid for not liking the new changes...it get more than a little ticked off. And it goes the other way also. I do not(nor anyone else here) have the right to tell you that it's moronic to like the changes. A lot of people do.

So, after all the babbling, what I'm trying to say is please watch how you talk about others peoples opinions. We cant alienate people over something so petty.

24. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Diva's got it. :D

25. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Eventhough I love the changes to the trilogy, i still wish Lucas would have put both versions on dvd, with seperate options, kinda like what they did with the Beauty And The Beast dvd, that had many different versions of the film on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.