main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"I've recalibrated the code warning all surviving Jedi to stay away."

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Old_Zen, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Just cause I use a Sith name doesn't mean I buy into their properganda. There would not be peace and prosperity in the galaxy. There would be tyranny and oppression, just as their was a thousand years ago.

Yes, that much Mace knew. But he didn't realize that he was setting up a grand trap. They all walked right into that one, because they underestimated him and his corruption of Anakin.

2. mastersith69

mastersith69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    my guess is obi wan and yoda wanted the to go by themselves because obi wan was well matched with anakin and yoda with sidious, plus if they had failed there would be other jedi in hiding to pass along what they have learned.

or course yoda and obiwan thought all hope was lost until padme was brought there with the children and they saw a chance of in the future being able to defeat the sith with luke.

3. Kirk_Kanos

Kirk_Kanos Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2006
    Surely it was the only option, after all wouldn't Yoda have felt in the force that the Jedi where all but destroyed, so it would have been suicide to call any of them back to the temple, if any others where in fact alive. Plus how would they have co-orrdinated any kind of attack they could all have arrived at different times and being taking out one by one. the distress becon had to be changed

4. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002

Personally, I loved ROTS and think it did an amazing job of briding to the final three movies. That being said, certain things HAD to happen. The Emperor and Vader had to survive, and essentially "win". No matter what Yoda and Obi Wan "did", we have to end up in the ANH universe, with Yoda in exile on Dagobah, Obi Wan in seclusion on Tatooine, the Emperor and Vader in control, and, as far as we know, no other Jedi on the loose at that point.

I agree, it would have been more satisfying to many of us if Yoda and Obi Wan had had a LONG talk at the end of ROTS. I don't know how satisfying it would have been CINEMATICALLY, but it would have been nice if GL had had Yoda explain to Obi Wan why hiding (rather than joining the nascent rebellion, for example) was a good idea. Why exile for Yoda was a good idea...and so on. The "loose ends" will provide fodder for SW fans, forever... which is not a bad thing, really.

BUT, in practical movie terms... I think the end of ROTS did a pretty good job of bringing closure to the prequels and preparing the viewer for ANH...

Shadow

5. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

JASTERSLEGACEYV2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2005

wat i mean by the dark side is i'm talking about the dark side during the galactic civil war, think about it: what would happen if the rebels won the galactic civil war? centuries of un ending war, thats what, and the only 2 resons the empire seems so evil is one GOERGE LUCUS, the director/ producer can make any thing look good if that is the main character or characters,2 they did'nt even give the empire a chance, if they had they would see that it is'nt a bad thing, the rebels are so single minded they don't even have a plan for after the empire is over thrown, ANYONE who is inlegue with the rebels, or simpatheses with them 1 needs there brains checked out to see what's wrong and why they are so single minded, 2 if there's nothing wrong then they need to be let up to date 3 if they still simpathize with them, there's nothing left that we can do.

6. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

Nov 23, 2005
    i count three mistakes in there
    1 there is no sith propaganda, what your thinking of is the holonet news that is diluted by the rebels to make it look like propaganda
    2 why would a super genius want his tax paying people 2 suffer when there is no call for it? the only reason for the strict policys is the rebellian, they bring on there own discontent wich is good for there cause. (you can see were this is going)
    3 the true sith died out a milenia ago it's only the sith beleif that palpatine/mal/doku/vader follow, if they were true sith; 1 doku wiould'nt have been trained as a jedi 2 anikan would kill his son without second thought, so following that you can't compare the sith followers of the galactic civil war to the origonal 1's who caused mass havoc and cruelty.

on a last note, unity will bring peace, look at the E.U.(not expanded universe; European Union) today for example, the wars and hatred that once filled europe are now gone in the E.U., thats what would happen in the empire if they would win the galactic civil war.

7. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm not sure about that. Everything you've said and done up until now indicate that you are a Sith in every sense of the word. You're not fooling anyone!! :p

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That's cause I didn't separate the two trains of thought. :p

9. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003

And the Galactic Empire and therefore the Sith did enslave multiple races during the Galactic Civil War if you include EU. The Wookies were enslaved, and Admiral Ackbar was Grand Moff Tarkin's slave as examples. The Sith Lord in command of the Empire is the one who controlled both sides of the Clone Wars. The Sith Apprentice alive during the Prequels is the one who slaughtered children and killed his wife.

The Rebellion also did win and what happened afterwords in the movie was a time of peace from what it seems but if you enter the EU there's war with the Imperial Remnant for 19 years after the Battle of Yavin which would be 15 years after the Rebel victory. The wars against the Yuuzahn Vong and the Killiks would have happened even with the Sith ruling the galaxy.

However if you don't accept EU then unending war isn't what's set up after Return of the Jedi as it is set up as a time of peace that will be coming.

The Empire is a tool of the Dark Side and thus evil.

10. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

Nov 23, 2005
    these are the people who disagree with you live http://216.119.98.205/swgrp/images/swg_universe_medium.jpg

this is were the people who agree with you live: http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/583/583645/inline1_1106974055.jpg (but not 4 long)

At the end of ROTJ the only thing any one sees the rebels do is destroy the death star, that by no means is the end of the war. and even wen the rebels win that does'nt justify there cause, there still a bounch of war mongering thugs.as i have said numerous times "IF THE REBELIAN HAD"NT COME THE EMPIRE WOULD BE A PLACE OF PEACE AND PROSPARITY" and i do partally blame the rebellian on sidous's

11. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    They'd work to set up a new government, one based upon the Old Republic.

Where are you pulling that from?

Wha? Yeah, George Lucas CREATED the Empire. If he says they're evil and makes them out to be evil, then they're evil.

You mean the oppressive dictatorship that creates weapons to destroy planets is good?

Again, where are you pulling this from?

So?

You're right, winning does not justify the Rebellions cause. The Empire being a terrible system of government does.

Also, Episode IV shows the Rebellions very first victory against the Empire. So for 20-something years there was little action from the Rebellion. Obviously the Empire was NOT a place of peace and prosperity.

Did you watch the same prequels I did? Sidious DID wait quite a long time to gain his power.

What does the Rebellions war tactics have to do with their ability to hold a peace? They couldn't outgun the Empire, so they used guerrila tactics.

By the way, please, please, PLEASE go to school or something. Your grammar is just mind numbingly bad.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Let's not attack the person's grammer. It's bad form. :)

The Clone Wars were orchrestrated by the Sith as a means of taking over the galaxy and enforcing a totalrian government. Palpatine's lies to Anakin about civil war without end, is his way of saying that his rule will be challenged and that everyone will oppose him. Especially the Jedi. But even without the Jedi, Bail Organa and Mon Mothma forged an Alliance to overthrow the Empire and restore the Republic.

Now, for George Lucas, the story ends with ROTJ. The Empire surrendered and the Republic was reborn with a stronger leadership. The expanded universe had the Imperial Remnant and all the higher ups like Thrawn and Ysanne Isard. But this is to justify the continuation of the story.

13. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Your image of the Star Wars galaxy contains many planets that are or are sypathetic to the Rebellion :p

But as Sinister said, the movie-only end of ROTJ while it doesn't flat out say that the Republic will return it's implied and it defintely shows the people of the Galaxy being happy to have cast off the oppression of the Empire. It's also not the Rebellion's fault that the Empire wasn't a place of peace and prosperity, Palpatine never intended to rule in peace in anyway except a peace that is insured by killing all who disagree which isn't really peace I'd say. In the EU Tarkin landed on top of a crowd of dissidents. I mean the Empire's strategy was to rule by fear, that's not a very friendly and just form of rule.

While Unity may have brought peace the Unity of the Repulbic is a far better peace because it allows the various races to have some control over their own fates, not giving one person the control of everyone in the galaxy.

The end of ROTJ is the end of the war if you go by Lucas but, not if you go by EU.

14. Darth_BamBam

Darth_BamBam Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    Summon them to where? That's what was already happening...they were all being summoned to one location to be slaughtered. So you would recommend that Yoda summon them to a different location to be slaughtered there? The Empire has all the radio's necessary to hear the Jedi beacon. They can well hear the warning that Obi-Wan setup to send Jedi to hiding, and they would have copied the coordinates down if Yoda told everyone to meet somewhere else for one last big stand. Yoda could not even have used some secret code for a secret meeting place, because Anakin would know it. The only chance of survial for the order is hiding.

It's one thing to fight Anakin, which Obi-Wan did. It one thing to fight many clones troops which Obi-Wan and Yoda did. It's another thing to fight Anakin while 50 clone troops are shooting at you, which is why the temple fell in the first place, which would have killed both Obi-Wan and Yoda, which is the only reason Yoda ran at the end of his fight with Sidious. Backup arrived and Yoda knows he cannot fight both Sidious and deflect a whole platoon's worth or blaster fire at the same time.

15. SithHappensIII

SithHappensIII Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Cuz that means the Jedi would be "cheating"

People dont like "cheaters"

Good guys cant be "cheaters"

16. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

Nov 23, 2005
    ok where to begin..... o yes, first off the old republic was a system of curropt burocrats as seen in episode 1.
    second i'm pulling that from reality, any rebelian that over throws it's former ruler is destane for choas, take afganistan, when the sovets pulled out the talabon took over and you know what happened there don't you?
    third george never said the empire was evil flat out he only shows you what he wants 2 show you (exept the holiday specal)
    fourth you of course raised no point so there's no points in crushing your spirit without a stimulous.
    fith if they thought it to be a cruupt sytem then why did'nt they appeal to the imp. senate? also the policey would be that until the rebelian was gone then sucerity messures must be intact.
    sixth yes but in atoc through rots he was a little to hastey with the power if he waited a little long people would'nt notice as much.
    seventh o lets see... every thing!!! i mean really how can some one be so thick, if you have inferior numbers and have to resort to such tactics than there is no way to hold any territory much less a thousand star systems.
    last i do apollogize for my bad grammer, this font is hard to catch misstakes on.

17. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

Nov 23, 2005
    i don't argue with your facts but your showing a very single sided view and over looking facts. it is true that the clone wars were orcestreted as a way for plapatine to take over the galaxy, but at that time there were no sith only those who followed the sith ideas so in all reality the sith of the pre galactic empire were nothing but force sensitive indeviduals who followed sith ideology.
    The empre did surrender but in one battle in rotj not the entire empire, and for the stronger leader ship, like a mofia gangster, if you don't have enough man power like in the rebelian then you rule by a: cutting down the population so that there is'nt enough to form a rebelian inside the rebelian, then b: form a rule by fear of the entire army type thing so in an arial veiw of this it is quite similar to the pre u.s. invasion of afganistan and now current ruling.
    weasle out of that.

18. TomPiltoff

Apr 7, 2005
    Yes. But the IDEA of the Republic was a good one. The Rebels would base their new government off of that good idea while making changes to the flaws.

Yeah, and remember those scummy rebels in the Revolutionary War? That thing was a disaster.

In this instance, it doesn't matter what Lucas says. Even if the Empire decided to give a puppy to every Coruscanti child, it's a fact that they built a huge planet killing battle station to control people through fear. That. Is. Evil.

The Rebels did appeal to the Imperial Senate, it was a cut scene in Episode III. It was obvious right from the get-go that Palpatine was getting his way. Also, you're wrong about the policy. In the Empire, I believe the official policy is "Emperor Palpatine gets everything he wants, no questions asked". It's a dictatorship.

Yes they would have. No matter how much Palpatine drew things out, he would eventually have to assume unlimited power. Also, why would he wait? By the time of ROTS he was able to completely take over the galaxy. There was no reason.

So what you're saying is that the Rebels should have rolled over and just let the evil Empire rule?

Other people don't have any trouble.

19. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

Nov 23, 2005
    first off: so if they are sypathetic to the rebelain then why have'nt they joined the thugs?
    second: like in the news THEY SHOW YOU WHAT THEY WANT TO SHOW YOU, and also it's like when russia's government turned to a democracey exept mulitply that by um i don't know ( a thousand star sytems times about 15 citys or so to a planet) 15,000 economic break down reastate tycoons buying the propertys at a dirt cheap price civil war and [retty much no definate leader and if your going to say that the empire was as cruel as the U.S.S.R. then well you might be right but as in both cases the intentions were good why would som one want to rule a place like France in 1789?
    Any one who beleivs in the rebelian has ether a short tensoin span or has quite a few problems.

20. DarthTrump

DarthTrump Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    Because Yoda needed the Other surviving Jedi to live if they were going to rebulid the Order.

21. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

Nov 23, 2005
    well to your last question i say if there smart then yes.

now in order:
    first so was the idea of the empire, what would you rather be lead by a super genius, or some ex-senater who for the last 20 some odd years has been distorting the truth to her advantage?
    second if your talking about the american revolution then look where the country is now? lead by a smirking chimp who's only excuse for his drunken salor type spending is toorrist ( and thats how he acually says it) look at the econamy it's going down the toliet, in bushes mind well first theres nothing going on inside, second well the fisrt has it all said acually
    third you don't say all country's of the world )well most at least) have huge chaches of misles that could blow up anything they want not to mentoi in the empire they hav'nt even anouced it, it's like trying to thretin to kill some one when you have a gun pointed at them under the table but you say nothing about it.
    third that was'nt the imp. senate, that was still the republic senate in palpatines powergaining peroid, if they wanted somthing changed they could say somthing in a meeting at the imp. senate remember bale, lyia, and mon martha are still part of the senate.
    last well as usual your wrong, if you draw things out no one notices it's a fact of life

22. TomPiltoff

Apr 7, 2005
    Obviously doing what is right isn't important to you.

No, the idea of one person being in charge of everything is never a good idea.

Yeah, where is the country now? A world power. Politics will go on, every country has political turmoil. But the United States is a great example of rebellion gone right.

You're missing the obvious. If Senators sympathetic to the Rebellion couldn't get any change due to Palpatines corruption in the Republic, they have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anywhere once Palpatine has assumed absolute power.

First of all, you're calling me wrong "as usual"? Didn't you basically call the United States a failure?

Second, you missed my point. Palpatines goal was to take over the galaxy, correct? By the time of ROTS he had the will and the way to take over the galaxy, correct?

So once he's in position to take over, why would he wait?

23. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

Nov 23, 2005
    first if doing what is right was'nt importent than why would i beangainst such a traitor like you? you oppose peace and justaice, remember unity brings peace not indepenndence look at the Europian Unoin for example.
    second explain the supreme chancealor of the republic he is basicly incharge
    third yes i am calling the U.S. currently a failure READ THE NEWS and i don't mean fox propaganda news
    fourth if they don't try then they are cowards
    last if your symathetic to the rebalian then you are dead wrong

and in the words of dogbert "exuse me while wag"

24. TomPiltoff

Apr 7, 2005
    Nazi Germany was domestically peaceful too, yet they still murdered Jews. Are you saying that in the interest of keeping the peace you wouldn't speak out and do what you could to stop that?

Then you're insane, probably the special type of insane that takes Michael Moore seriously. And before you even start, I can see the wheels in your head turning, I voted for Kerry.

No, they're realists. It'd be like Israel sending a representative to Iran. Palpatine was obviously a dictator. Bail knew it, Mon Mothma knew it. Do you really think that Mon Mothma could have walked into the Imperial Senate and left alive?

You still haven't provided me with an argument to support that.

25. JEDIDAVE5

JEDIDAVE5 Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2006
    Because they would have been killed and the best Jedi were all ready dead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.