main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Iverna's art--updated 28. August with Han, Leia, the Solo kids, Jack Sparrow, and Eric Northman

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Iverna, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Ahoy there!

Since the lovely, charming, and ever-persistent FalconFan has been doing her best to convince me to post my Star Wars art here - well, this is it. I do mostly pencil sketches, with the occasional watercolour/acrylic painting to show as remnants of my naive youth. ;)

I hope you enjoy! I'll hopefully be updating this reasonably regularly. Please do let me know what you think!

Darth Vader:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/vader.jpg]
    painted in 2001 as part of an anti-smoking campaign. Something about the Dark Side in his lungs, I dunno. He was holding a cigarette instead of a lightsaber. I've cropped all that out.

The Millennium Falcon:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Falcon-2.jpg]
    drawn as part of my art project back in 2002, when I was 14 or 15.

Anakin Solo:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Anakin-Solo.jpg]
    from the cover of "Conquest". I really liked Anakin in that book.

Booster Terrik:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Booster.jpg]
    I copied him from the Rogue Squadron comics and tried to make him more realistic, and younger. I'm not sure I succeeded. It's not my best piece, but what hey!

Below is a list of all the art you'll find in this thread, which I update every time I post something new to save people having to dig through the whole thing.

Original Trilogy:
    Han Solo
    Han Solo (South Passage)
    "Bring 'em on!" (Han Solo)
    Maximilian Veers
    Leia Organa
    "Seventeen, huh?" (Han Solo)
    "I happen to like nice men" (Han & Leia)
    The Scoundrel and the Princess
    The Millennium Falcon (carving)
    "Yeahoo!" (Han Solo)
    "He's certainly got courage" (Han Solo)
    "I love you." (Leia Organa)
    "I know." (Han Solo)
    "Closing The Doors" (ESB scene)
    "Interrupted" (Han and Leia)
    "Dirty Hands" (Han and Leia)
    "A Nice Man" (Han and Leia)
    "Captain Solo" (Han in ESB)
    "The Empire will compensate you..." (Han and Leia)
    Han Solo sketch card
    "South Passage" (Han and Leia)

Expanded Universe:
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Jagged Fel
    "Red Flight" - Wedge, Tycho, Wes, and Hobbie.
    [link=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/

2. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Hey, you've got serious skills! Love both Anakins ;) Seriously, I'd love to see the rest of the Vader piece.

3. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Welcome to the boards. You have some great drawing skills. I think the Anakin sketch is particularly well done.

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Squee!! [face_dancing] You started a thread!! Cool! I don't think I've seen all of these in your gallery (I know I've seen the Vader watercolor!)--the 'Falcon looks terrific (...someday I'm going to have to draw my most favorite starship... :p ), with awesome details; Anakin looks...so much like his mom and dad... **sniffles** Beautiful work with the likeness from that cover (one of my favorite images of that boy)! And what a treat to see Booster in younger days! =D= He's one of those rarely-seen characters, so it's great you've given us another view of him here! =D=

Welcome to the forum, my friend--you're definitely going to like it here!

FF

5. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Whoa! Those are some awesome drawings! And, yes, seeing Booster is a treat! =P~

Great work! Super sweet skills. :cool:

6. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    ShrunkenJedi - thanks so much! I don't have the whole poster anymore, but to be honest it wasn't all that spectacular. I do have a version where you can see the full figure, though: here's the link!

Giolon05 - thanks very much, I'm glad you like it!

FalconFan - well, how could I not? ;) And yeah, I realised when I was going through my folder that there's a few things I haven't uploaded to dA for one reason or another... but I'll definitely share them all here! And you should totally draw the Falcon! What drawing could be more fitting for you? *g* I love this pic of Anakin myself, he looks so brooding... just like he should! As for Booster - I love him! I need to draw him again, actually. Him and Mirax. Hmmm...
    Thanks a million!

Trika_Kenobi - thanks very much, I'm so glad that you like them! I'll have to draw Booster again. I like 'im, he's got character. But yes, thanks very much for having a look and for your kind words!

7. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    More pencil artists!

It's a very good likeness of Anakin.

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay! Great to see you started a thread, Iverna! :)

I must agree with the consensus that your pencil work is very well done! My eyes keep roaming back to Anakin in particular. Great likeness and tonal range! It's also a treat to see a younger Booster! Nice job 'de-aging' him and rendering the character to your mind's eye.

9. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    kecen - yes indeed! And thanks, glad you like my Anakin! =D

HanSolo29 - thanks very much! I'm glad you like it so far. Especially Booster - I was edgy about him. Still am, hence why I want to draw him again!

In the meantime - here's some more!

Han Solo:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Han-1.jpg]
    in watercolour, painted back in 2002. I copied from the cover of Ambush at Corellia.

Jagged Fel:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Jag.jpg]
    I know most depict him differently, but he's described as looking like Wedge "around the nose and eyes" so I've tried to bring that out a bit. Again, an older piece...

Red Flight:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Rogues.jpg]
    from the infamous Starfighters of Adumar. Wedge, Tycho, Wes and Hobbie, with quotes. I copied from the comics, and coloured them in. It's my first rendering of my favourite flyboys!

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Whee!! These are GREAT!! Of course, I adore the Han Solo painting! =D==D= Beautiful likeness and awesome colors! Your version of Jag is my favorite yet--you really did capture Wedge in the eyes and nose! Fabulous! And the "Red Flight" piece is terrific (are the quotes from the same comics...? They're all so IC!)--it's always great to see "the boys" all together! Wonderful additions yet again! =D= :D

FF

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo! Very cool Han! I love the pastel color pallet and you have a really great likeness!

You also did a really nice job rendering the X-wing boys(yea, I couldn't think of a better name to call them :p ). This one is my favorite out of the new bunch. I was sitting here just studying all the great detail you were able to capture. Nicely done! :)

12. Taranis

Taranis Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2008
    fantastic. I have always enjoyed art .. great talent ..

13. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    FalconFan - wow, thank you! I've been thinking about trying Jag again - I have got better since, I think. And I really like the character, for some reason. Maybe it's the military strictness or the uniform... mhmm. But I'm glad you can kind of see Wedge in there, a bit! And yay for Red Flight! Most of the quotes are from the comics, but not all from the same one, and Janson's is from one of the books. Thanks very much for that comment!

HanSolo29 - cheers! Glad you like Han, although I doubt I'll try watercolours on him again anytime soon! *lol* And thanks for those lovely words about my flyboys, I'm very glad you like them!

Taranis - thanks very much for stopping by, and for your kind words!

14. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Wedge... [face_love]

Great job on the flyboys, Iverna! That's definitely a favorite of mine right there. :)

Trika

15. Taranis

Taranis Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2008
    Pleasure :) hope to see more art soon

16. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Trika_Kenobi - yay, you like Wedge too! *high fives* And thanks, I'm glad you like it!

And well, Taranis, here's your update! ;)

Han Solo (again):
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Han-2.jpg]
    "No! That's not it!" Han in acrylic this time, straight from the South Passage. One of the best scenes ever.

Iella Wessiri:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Iella.jpg]
    I copied this from a comic and tried to make it a bit more "real", although I'm not sure how well I managed.

Hope you like 'em!

17. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Yep, another piece to follow right on the heels of the last two.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo (a.k.a. Thrawn)
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Thrawn.jpg]
    I drew this for my then-boyfriend for his birthday; my rendition of the famous Grand Admiral. I used a few existing images of him as references, but by and large it's my own interpretation of what he might look like.

Hope you like!

18. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Wow! Just awesome! How in the world did you get all those individual hairs on Thrawn's head to look so realistic? :eek:

Your work is just super. Oh, and I [face_love] Thrawn, so that just makes that image doubly cool. :cool:

Thanks, Iverna!

19. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Some amazing art here, your Vader and Thrawn are particularly striking, you're pretty nifty with those pencils!

20. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Hey Iverna,

Some beautiful work here :) I love the colours in your watercolour Han Solo, they really jump out at you. I also love your Anakin Solo portrait, a very good likeness, and the shading's great. :D

But of course, Red Flight is my favourite - terrific to see the flyboys together, thanks so much for that. [face_love]

Can't wait for more!

21. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Thanks Trika, I'm glad you like! Thrawn's hair = patience, lots and lots of patience! *lol* Thanks for commenting!

Blue, I'm very glad you're liking it, I aim to please! :)

Thanks Glitbiter, I'm flattered! The colours "jump out"? That's so cool, thanks ever so much, you make me proud! And yeah, I have a weak spot for flyboys myself so I'd say get ready for a few more renditions down the line! Thank you!

22. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    And without further ado, two more pieces:

Han Solo "Bring 'em on!":
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Han-3.jpg]
    Copied from a scene in ANH and inspired, in fact, by my first ever encounter with FalconFan's art.

Maximilian Veers:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/General-Veers.jpg]
    I drew this for an ex-boyfriend who found the scene where Vader turns around and bellows "GENERAL VEERS!" at a Veers who's standing right in front of him absolutely hilarious.

Hope you like 'em!

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    GAH!! I've missed updates (...I hate when that happens! :p )!!

The new Han pieces are awesome--that watercolor in particular really grabs me: there's so much energy in it, and it's so beautifully painted (I stink at paint of ANY kind, so paintings are like magic to me! :p )! Terrific capture of mood and likeness--I'd love to see you do Leia, opposite (sort of a diptych of them, maybe!), with that sort of shocked and angry look on her face! Pleeeeeeze?! **begging baby bantha eyes** [face_batting] :D The one of Thrawn is stunning in its detailing--I'm with everyone else on how gorgeous that one is!--and Veers! Your little quote had me howling, just remembering that scene, and with the look you've captured here, it's priceless! [face_laugh]=D= Amazing pencil techniques, my dear--fabulous updates! =D=

FF

24. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I want that Thrawn.[face_love]
    *grabs him and runs*

Can I colour him?[face_batting]

25. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Eee! Thank you, FF! So glad you like them! I'm actually in the same boat as you when it comes to painting - I don't like it so much, mostly because it never turns out like I want it to! But... okay... I will try my hand at Leia. Just don't expect it anytime soon! *lol* As always, thanks ever so much for all your kind words! *hugs*

MsLanna - glad you like 'im! And sure, wow, I'd love to see what you make of him in colour! Would you post a link for me when you're done? I'd love to have a look!