main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Iverna's art--updated 28. August with Han, Leia, the Solo kids, Jack Sparrow, and Eric Northman

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Iverna, Feb 26, 2008.

1. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Wow, Han and Leia are spectacular! The shading details are incredible. Beautifully done!

- Serena

2. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    :eek:...

I'm lost for words, seriously that is outstanding =D=[face_love] It looks like a photograph, so realistic and all that detail... Beautiful drawing, really made my day [:D]

Edit: That scene's my favourite too! [face_dancing]

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hi Iverna - I came here via Falcon Fan's thread. Your art is just lovely, and I especially like the pic of Anakin, the Han (Seventeen huh) one, Thrawn and the Jaina collage. But they are all fantastic. I admire your talent greatly. :)

I'm the editor of the Anakin/Tahiri magazine that we run via our A/T thread and would love to be able to post your pics of Anakin - the one by himself and the Jaina collage - in our next issue. (Probably Sept - Oct.) If you'd agree to us posting them that would be great. :) We always post a link to the artist's thread and also will include your blurb about the pieces.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow!

I have no words to describe that Han and Leia drawing. That is just fantastic! No criticisms here. Nicely done! =D=

5. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Wow. Incredible detail on the Han and Leia drawing! I'm just speechless. Wonderfully done!

Trika

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    My first reaction was -- that's a drawing?! :eek: And my second reaction was -- [face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized]

The incredible detail and shading... amazing, amazing work, Iverna! I really don't know what else to say except wonderful! :)

7. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Apologies for my long absence... I have new art, though, which I'll post soon!

paltonae - thank you very much! I'm really glad to hear that!

Serena - thank you! That's really kind of you!

Glitbiter - wow, I don't know what to say to that... thank you so much. Yay for that scene, it's genius! *highfives*

Tahi - I'm fairly sure I already said "okay" via PM, but thanks again!

HanSolo - thank you so very much, I really appreciate that!

Trika - well it was basically an exercise in detail (I'm never doing that again!) so I'm really happy that you like it! Thank you so much!

Idrelle - thank you so much, I really appreciate your kind words!

I never really know what to say to comments like these, guys, so... I hope you'll forgive me if I repeat myself or sound awkward here. I really am grateful for everyone who takes the time to comment, or even just to look, I hope I'm getting that across here. [:D] I'm just bad with reacting to positive... well, anything, really.

Like I said, more to come soon, mainly Han--in the meantime, take care, may the Force be with you, and a major thank-you to you if you're reading this! <3

8. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    :eek: I have no favorite here, they all look awesome. I loves the detailing and the facial expressions, they look so real. =D=

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Great, Iverna. I like all of them, because they have such a great atmoshere of calmness around them.

The fun thing about your last one, "The Scoundrel and the Princess", I did this one as well last night with water colours, he, he. It is such a lovely motive that I also wanted to try it out one time.

I like the way you did the shadows and the light in a playful and balanced way.

10. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Firstly, wow, more lovely comments!

Black-Dog - thank you, I really appreciate that. I really try to get the expressions right, so I'm really happy to hear that!

AzureAngel - thanks so much for dropping by! I really concentrated on tones in that piece, so I'm happy to hear that it worked. I'll be sure to drop by your thread and have a look around--your rendition of that scene looks promising!

Secondly, as promised, more art.

Millenium Falcon
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Falcon-1.jpg]

... the cockpit's on the wrong side, but aside from that, I like this. I carved it from cherry wood and painted it with acrylics. The dish is a sequin, and just like the real thing, it keeps falling off...

Han Solo
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Han-5.jpg]

... not one of my better drawings, but one of my favourite scenes! I think that Han is my muse, or something. Hence the many times I've drawn him.

I hope you like these, and thanks so much for dropping by if you're reading this!

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved the Han Solo and his smile. And those Falcon's are nice too.

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear Iverna, I wonder why you do not like your Han. He looks so sexy and self-assured in your pencil drawing. His broad smile and the boyish glow in his eyes due to fly the falcon. You caught all those things so well. Perhaps I am blinded by my feelings for him and his irresistable ways... but I really like your painting.

As for the Falcon, she is a beauty.

Go raibh mile maith agat agus (ban)dia linn.

13. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Hi Iverna !

It's so good to see you back (it's Glitbiter btw ^__~) I have missed you and your art.
    The Falcon you did is so wonderful ! All the details, and I imagine how much time must have gone into that, I'm really impressed by your skills.

And Han is lovely, it's a really confident sexy pose, you get that part of him very well ^__^

Again so good to see your art back yaaayyy !!

14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Wow! Your Han is awesome, and the Falcon is really cool too.:cool: =D=

15. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Phenomenal work, Iverna, and welcome back. Your graphite shading is wonderfully done!

16. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    early-bird-obiwan - technically it's only one Falcon, photographed from several angles. I'm glad you like it though! [:D]

AzureAngel - thank you. I guess to me, he just looks off... something about him ain't right. But I'm a perfectionist, so yeah. I'm really glad that you like him, though. Go raibh maith agat!

Glitbiter - aww, thank you! Your comment made my day, you're so lovely! I'm glad that you like Han and the Falcon. The latter did take some time, yeah. I did it during a school project when I was supposed to be doing something else... which seems to be a specialty of mine, heh. Again, thanks so much!

Jag4Me - thank you so much, I'm really happy that you like the two of them!

Cheveyo - thanks on both accounts--it's good to be back! Your comment is very kind, I'm happy to hear that!

Thanks for dropping by, everyone! [:D]

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I know that problem. Ta failte romhat!:D

18. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    These are some older pieces (from 2005) that I found in my art folder. They're all based on the depictions in the Rogue Squadron comics, but except for Janson, I didn't copy them from any specific reference. Janson's expression in that picture was just too good to pass up! *lol* I tried to make them all look a bit more realistic than they are in the comics.

All of them are done with metallic colouring pencils and one black colouring pencil. I hope you like them, and thanks for looking!

Wedge Antilles
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Wedge-2.jpg]

Tycho Celchu
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Tycho.jpg]

Wes Janson
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Wesley.jpg]

Derek "Hobbie" Klivian
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Derek.jpg]

19. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    This be some awesome works you have here. =D= Great job on the Rogues. I really like how laid back Janson looks.

20. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Wow! Wow! Wow![face_hypnotized] =D=

You've done an amazing job capturing the Rogues. And, I agree with Black-Dog on your Janson! He's freaking awesome!=D=

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Brilliant to see ´the boys´ this very way.

*will try to get another member of the GFFG here who is absolutly mad about them*

A supreme job, Iverna! :D

22. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    w00t! [face_dancing] Rogue Boys!! =D==D= Great job with these--and with colored pencils, no less (**is jealous** :D )! I, too, love Janson's expression--and that you've given Wedge a more contained, long-suffering squadron leader look! They're all great--and truly could be images of any group of fighter pilots in any ready room anywhere (and yes--there's always a Janson in there somewhere--there has to be, or everyone would go mad!). Nice job of "real-izing" them from comic images--that's a challenging task!

And of course--I LOVE Han's whoop of triumph! =D= It was one of the only genuine broad smiles we got to see on his face in ANH, and you've captured it here so beautifully! I love your shading--so smooth and realistic... **is jealous again!** :D And what can I say about the 'Falcon...? w00t yet again! I can't believe you got such fantastic detail in something so tiny!! Cockpit location notwithstanding (we'll just flip the photos, thank you! :p ), it's superb (and I want to buy it off you now! lol!)! Sheesh--a fabulous artist, an accomplished carver AND a gifted writer...is there anything you DON'T do?! **is jealous yet again** ;) [face_laugh] Great additions here!

FF

23. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Oh awesome ! ^__^
    I adore there expressions, especially Janson [face_laugh]
    I'm fan of the Rogues, and I'm very happy to see this great art of them [face_love]

24. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Aww, your artwork is amazing!

I really love your Jagged Fel Drawing, he is looking so much like in my imaginations and I love the Rouges, too :D

Especially Wedge is very well caught and I also like Wes' michievous face *g* And poor Hobbie, you just want to cuddle him :)

25. TheBride

TheBride Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2008
    *beams at Cem*

Wußte dass du es [face_love] würdest.

*is always glad when busy people find a time-out or inspiration here in the fanart thread*

Thanks, Iverna... [:D]