main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Jabba the Hutt's Tribble-Free Holodeck and All-Day Buffet: FF Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    That's great, Ish! :D Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Rangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Tribble-Free??? But I love tribbles. :( :(

I thought cool to the al day buffet, until I realized it's Jabba's and I'm not particular to live frogs. :p

3. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Good morning folks, I'm glad to see we have a brand new social thread. I've missed this place; and seeing as how I'm finished with the project from hell at work, I will have more time to post.

I'm the same way; I had a high school graduating class of 6. If we were going to have a reunion, it would be our tenth this year. I still speak to one of them every six months or so, but for the rest of them, I have no desire to see them again.

In the case of a college reunion, I kept to myself mainly so I really never got to know anyone when I was there.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    My mom's school was like that. She had 10 in her graduating class. Of course, she graduated from a school in Cairo, Egypt since my grandfather had been stationed there. But at least she got to go to school in a converted palace. :p My graduating class had almost 800 people in it. Luckily, high school days are far behind me. [face_laugh]

5. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Dang, it'll be 25 years since I graduated from high school next year! I'm feeling so old now... :_| Never went to a reunion, but I don't think there ever was one, really.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Rangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Not that I'm old or anything, but I've you beat with years since highschool, Golden_Jedi. :p

Strange, now that I think of it, I'm in contat with only one person from HS days, and she happens to work with me. We were just taking the other day how it seems everyone else has seemed to disappear. [face_worried]

7. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Dang! (my son says that a lot now :confused: )

My next one would be the 15th, or 20th (whichever my class does); and out of a graduating class of about 1,600 there's only about 6 people I'd want to see. 10 at the most. And of the six, I see half on a regular basis now. So it's not really worth it to me.

Besides, I too hawt for those people. Still.

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Mine would be my 40th in 2008. But I'm not sure I'd go. I only went to my 5th HS reunion and I didn't like those people in HS and I still didn't at the reunion. I'd moved on. They had not. If I did go, it would be more curiosity than anything else. I moved away from the area so I don't see/have contact with any of them.

I did revisit my hometown this year for the first time in 35 years. It hadn't changed much. Felt weird that it hadn't when everything around me in NJ changes all the time. Strange.

9. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I lost contact with the rest of my class, even if I (still) live like less than 5k from my old school... I wasn't the prom queen, after all, just the resident nerd :p .

10. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I was the resident sarcastic mean girl in high school, and then I was first runner-up for Homecoming Queen...
    I swear that was all a big joke. High school was weird. I'm looking forward to my class reunion in 2012 just to see how much we've all changed.

11. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    I was just... sort of there during high school. Every year or so, I changed my group of close friends. The last bit I was sick...

What was awesome, though, was that I absolutely NEVER got in trouble because my parents were friends with the administration :p

12. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Morning.

Class reunions? I'll have to pass. I was more sociable with the students from my sister's graduating class than my own. Though I wouldn't mind going to her reunion. Some of those guys were really hot. I'd like to see how much they changed.

13. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'v never had a real urge to attend a class reuion, but I don't think I have an aversion to it. I may have thought differently abut 10 years ago, but now I'm ok with the idea.

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Force Ghost star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    I went to my first three years of high school reunions--we got together for a Christmas party every year. I still keep in touch with Jenn, Angelique and Megan and they're the 3 people out of the 26-person class that I really liked.

15. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    I still have to get through high school before thinking about reunions! [face_laugh]

I'm the sophomore class resident weird girl, except that having the title of weird girl is actually a compliment. I can work Star Wars into every single class I take. :p

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I was always the snarky one in high school.

17. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Say it isn't so. :p

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, I know it's hard to believe. Man, I'm still falling asleep.

19. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    DarthIshtar: *head-desk*

See any good movies lately?

20. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    No Country for Old Men is fantastic. I saw it last night, and will probably see it again this week.

21. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I'm hoping to see Beowulf, but it's hard getting out to see movies with the wife these days.

22. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'd love to see Beowulf. They have it in 3D in the theater near me. I definately want to see Enchanted. It looks silly and I really need silly right about now.

23. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I'll be taping Heroes in my room while watching--hoping--that Jericho makes his grand return tonight on the slightly larger living room TV.

Saw the Meat Puppets last Wednesday. They were in my hometown playing a show. Great show. I got really close to the stage. My mom liked it, too.

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I saw The Seeker: The Dark is Rising. I've always liked those books, so was thrilled with the adaptation.

25. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I'd like to see Beowulf, but that depends on if I will have any money left to get to the theatre, since I don't get paid again until after Fury and The Essential Guide to the Force come out. So I'll be rather broke for a little while here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.