main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jabba the Hutt's Tribble-Free Holodeck and All-Day Buffet: FF Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    So, I write Twilight fanfiction for a juried archive. I have an on-going story that was last updated a couple of days ago. In that chapter, I said ""Because there are people still reading Breaking Dawn and there isn't even a place to hide all the spoiler-filled fics, I will not post anything that has details of that book until I get the go-ahead from the mods. Until then, enjoy the sameold sameold." Well, this morning, I woke up to find that the same person had gone into not only that story but another on-going one and posted a detailed spoiler-filled summary of the last 500 pages of the book that came out on Saturday. I found this at the very moment that my brother called to tell me he was outside and we needed to leave for work. So I had to leave it as is and came home ready to report this to the mods. Well, the mods were on the ball and deleted every review that had a spoiler in it. But the obnoxious thing is that they also deleted my comment about being spoiler-free and then chewed my head off for having encouraged people to ruin the ending for all my other readers.

2. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    [:D] I hope your grandmother gets well quickly, mav!

Ish, that's ridiculous. You encouraged spoiling... how? :rolleyes: That's really unfair.

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    By writing...that I was NOT going to include spoilers, I guess? I mean, people obviously saw that and couldn't resist the temptation to post all of the stuff that I wasn't!

4. DarthBerryStraw

Mar 20, 2007
    The simple mention of spoilers triggered an alarm. Obviously, if you mention their existance in any form, you're out to ruin everyone's fun.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Indeed. Bad Ish!

6. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Politely ask for clarification about how they think you encouraged spoilers, and use the response to gauge what you do next.

7. DarthBerryStraw

Mar 20, 2007
    I suggest that Ish goes on an e-homicidal rampage and demand an explanation.

At least, that's what I would do. :p I tend to overreact.

8. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    And, at the very least, it would prove to be entertaining :p

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, the last time someone went on a rampage, the head of the site sort of posted her letter nad the head's incredibly insulting response on the front page of the site so everyone could laugh at her.

10. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Okay, peoples... this is it! THIS THREAD WILL BE ENERGIZED! RISE THREAD, I SAY RISE!

:p

Anyone want to help me find a good karaoke song to do? I'm probably going to be doing it this Friday at a party, and I ened a good song that I can do on my own.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    You already know what I want you to do!

12. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Hmm... I can think of a few, sure, but how badly do you want to sing Bryan Adams songs?

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks DBS, she is doing much better! [:D]

That is awful, Ish!! I don't understand why people post details about a book that hasn't even been out a week! Not everyone can get it and read it all in a few days... doing so is just plain rude. It is one thing in a discussion thread that is clearly marked with spoiler warnings, but in a fic reply?? :rolleyes:
    I know I would have been very, very upset if I had been spoiled for Breaking Dawn... very upset!

Would you mind PMing me a link for that archive? [face_praying] (I'm tired of searching through ff.net for good Twilight fics! 8-} )

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Darn straight. And done.

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That sucks. My advice is just politely asking why your no spoilers request was deleted; it mighth just have been a mistake.

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I did in my email back to them, which basically politely said "Hey, thanks for telling me when/where I can eventually post spoiler-filled fics. It'll be good to know when I actually do that, since right now I obviously am not."

17. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    *Shakes*

Who else can't wait for Watchmen to come out?

Rorschach looks so badass![face_laugh] [face_skull]

Ish, I would say just be patient and don't worry about those silly spoilers. I'm sorry I can't offer better advice. New to FanFic and don't know anything about Twilight.:(

-B-

18. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I was reading comics when Watchmen first came out and I never got into it. Given Dark Kight, all I need is another depressive super hero movie. The effects, especially for Dr. Manhattan, look fantastic, but the film looks like a major downer.

19. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    'Morning all! :)

I'm the only one at the lab... Peace at last! :D

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That sounds nice!

I'm feeling a bit off, so I'll probably just have a quiet day.

21. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Sort of... But I'm the only one here to answer the phone and everything...

I have to make a run downtown later and then go groceries shopping... oh, the joy! :rolleyes:

22. DarthBerryStraw

Mar 20, 2007
    We're finally painting my room today! :D It's a very nice light blue-green, and I'm so excited for it to be finished. My brother's room was redone a few weeks ago, and now it's mine turn. My parents didn't expect to do mine so soon, but my mom said she felt bad buying my brother an entire new furniture set, painting, and asking me to do a large part of the work, then leaving me with nothing. :p All I needed was paint!

Still, this is only the beginning of my mom's painting season. We're going to be painting for a loooong while. I love that she has a wonderful design sense, an eye for colors, and professional painting skills. She does go a little paint-happy in the late summer into the fall. :oops:

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Are you going to be around for all of it?

24. DarthBerryStraw

Mar 20, 2007
    Oh yeah, I'll be around for all of it. [face_beatup] I have a picture from when I was in pre-school, painting the side of our new house. I was trying to find it again, but had no luck! :(

Her next project is my bathroom, and after that's she's moving back downstairs to paint the kitchen. Again. Apparently she doesn't like the yellow that's on two walls. It's a repeat of what happened with the green walls last summer!

The day she stops painting is the day I have to start worrying. :p

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Good luck [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.