main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Jacen Solo Fan Club: Forever in the Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by -Vergere-, Oct 14, 2001.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Darth Invictus I think that probably happened around LotF. As Krayt says Caedus was a distration he used to fool the Jedi. I guess Luke was so focused on killing Jacen that he failed to notice Krayt sceeming in the background.

2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Yes but as a lightning rod Caedus didn't last that long less than a year.

Then after the Abeloth crisis Luke would know beyond a doubt there existed other Sith besides Lumiya's and the Lost Tribe(which is funny given that the writers of FOTJ didn't acknowledge that statement in Legacy)

They had eighty years to figure out Krayt's rise.

Sinrebirth Your knowledgeable, why given such a large span of time do you think the Jedi failed to root out Krayt's threat?

It just baffles me personally.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    My guess? Legacy comics would have been an alternate future

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The NEC was in universe, I recall, so it was fallible. Lumiya was in canon hell but two short RP notes inserted into the NJO era.

As to Krayt, his comment that Caedus was a Lightning Rod still holds. Without Caedus, there is no Abeloth released and no Tribe rediscovered. Sure, Krayt himself is uncovered, but all he need to is hide for the next eighty years in stasis.

Remember the original timeline had Allana join Krayt at some point. The new timeline is the one where Jacen becomes Caedus, released Abeloth, and the One Sith are delayed - Jacen changed time by becoming the Dark Man.

I think the Jedi simply moved on. The Sith are their enemies, yes, but they are not their existence and rhyme. They are Guardians. The Jedi being obsessed with the Sith is not their way. So I expect after the Tribe was finished the Jedi maintained a watchful eye but over time the Sith became less active and the Jedi simply moved on. Assuming the Tribe did not last much longer as a major force than 50 ABY, we could easily see between 50 and 127 no Sith activity in the public eye, and anything One Sith that is discovered can be simply explained away to be Tribe's remnants - it's no different than Lomi and Welk being viewed as no more than Shadow Academy survivors by the NJO; not once does the idea that they may be Sith occur to them. The One Sith get a pass by the Tribe being a cover for their actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I wonder if Caedus had prevailed-crushed the Jedi, and the confederation maybe got Hapes on board. An empire ruled by Caedus, his apprentice(presumably Tahiri or Ben Skywalker) and the GAG how long Krayt would have lasted?

I mean surely Krayt had to account for the contingency Caedus might win?

6. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    They would go to war and Jacen would tell Tahiri to take care of it. And Tahiri and Krayt would fight, whoever wins would stay/be Jacen's apprentice.

7. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I think Krayt would have waited in that case. Waiting for a weakness. For example if Tahiri is the apprentice she will never become as powerfull as Caedus as she doesn't have the SkySolo genes. So maybe after she murdered Caedus(if she is able too) he could challenge her and claim the empire for himself.
    Or he would try to lure Caedus into a trap or even team up with him for a while, pretending to be much weaker than he actually is.
    Or he could even present himself as the good guy and lead a rebellion against Caedus empire.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I expect he'd do the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    And if Ben Skywalker was the apprentice?

Would Krayt be able withstand two SkySolo clan Sith Lords?

10. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    If Krayt tries to "be a good guy" then he would join Luke. Ben cannot defeat Luke.
    Although if Jacen is victorious, then I think what would happen is for Tahiri to abandon him because Flowwalk don't work and she will be killed for her treason. Jaina will be Jacen's new apprentice rather than Ben.

11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Jaina becoming his apprentice after a victory at Shedu Maad would demoralize Luke and the Jedi, force the Hapans out of the war and cause a rift between the confederation and the Jedi.

Luke would probably intervene personally at that point and he would either kill Caedus and Jaina or be killed.

Caedus would consolidate his power after this and Krayt would no longer have a distraction.

DARTH_MU likes this.
  12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So about his ascension into being a Bodhisattva in TUF, what does everyone here think the limit of his power was? Could he re-order the universe to his will? Total omniscience? Immortality?

Thoughts?

Given Jacen stated it was a state he would seek his whole life yet never find again it must have been far beyond what even the highest tier force users could achieve.

13. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    If memory serves he became one with the Force. Theoretically at that point he could have brought Anakin back to life. Immortality for himself is out because he stopped being one with the Force. Total omniscience? No. He didn't know he could have brought Anakin back.
    I say he had ultimate lightsaber skillz and unlimited Force power mana.
    So I would say he could go one on one with Abeloth and kill her easily. Power and knowledge level probably on par with the Father and the Son.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Let the Vong access the Force again?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I think it was more of an understanding, a moment of total empathy were Jacen truly felt the force as it is in all living beings.
    I'm not sure if he had been able too really change much in that state as he was probably overwhelmed by it.
    Maybe he expirienced for a moment how the celestials saw the force.
    So I think it was a moment of enlightenment of true understanding.

xezene and BookExogorth like this.
  16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I've promoted this fanfic before but I think any Jacen fans that wanted to see what his character ought to have been and achieved-it's wonderful, marvelous, beautiful, and profound. I was blown away more than once reading it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3975597/1/Only-Right

In fact I'd say if your a Jacen fan it is a must read.

It was posted on this board but was unfortunately truncated in 2012.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Hey Jacen got a shout-out with a new, main character offspring being named after him on Rebels! Hopefully this one doesn't have as much as a bad end as the other one did.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Sinrebirth and SiouxFan like this.
  18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah it was probably one of the NuCanon's more respectful homages/Easter eggs.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Amon_Amarth and Sinrebirth like this.
  19. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    The prologue chapter alone is worth the price of admission. Balm for the soul of all of us who search for a 'deeper' meaning to the SW universe.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I encourage you and any other Jacen fans to read all of it. It truly is wonderful.

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    The Door thing gave me hope. It's now my headcanon that one of the portals leads into a Jacen/Jaina-verse. ;)

Sinrebirth and SiouxFan like this.