main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Jacen Solo Fan Club: Forever in the Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by -Vergere-, Oct 14, 2001.

1. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Quite. Oddly, he's the only fictional character I ever had any sort of emotional attachment to...and they killed him off.

You and me both. I use it to get dates for things, or to research wildlife on a planet....but never for anything relating to 'personality'. Personally, I feel that the Wook is largely Orwellian....telling us what the past is. Much the same way that the post-NJO world tends to tell us how to interpret events.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    AusStig and adalmentia like this.
  2. adalmentia

adalmentia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2020
    I wish you all a pleasant Christmas Eve !

AusStig and CampOfSorgan like this.
  3. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    And pleasant holidays for those who do not celebrate Christmas

SiouxFan likes this.
  4. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

I’m very glad to see this fan club is still going strong!

5. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    There is someone on tumblr who made two awesome Jacen fanarts based on Traitor and The Unifying Force
    I can't post the images here but for those who are interested you can check out arttheya's tumblr to see these fanarts

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I think you could make it work. Since a lot of it involves Jacen talking with Vergre you could use those discussions as framing devices for flashbacks.

I also think the novel is about questions of power and how people relate to it and self reflection.

You would need to have REALLY good music and set design/lighting to get the mood correct though.

I think NJO would make a good anime. With Jacen being a very good anime protagonist.

7. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Jacen an anime protagonist? You do remember that Jacen is borderline asexual?

8. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    I finally started watching Heir to the Empire's fanfilm
    What they do is truly amazing

I know it's a huge amount of work and it would take them a very long time to get there, but hopefully someday they'll do the NJO (or at least the Corellian trilogy, Jacen had nice moments in it)

9. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

10. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    I live in France, therefore I am already in 2021 at home

11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    He isn't asexual, so much as he is genuinely concerned with the spiritual and metaphysical over the carnal.

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  12. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    Hey so I am beginning to read the entire Legacy of the force saga. What kinda ride should I expect.

13. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Well, he got 3 crushes, not someone i would call borderline asexual.

And he gets the Shinji/Ken Kaneki vibe for an anime protagonist, for sure, except... better.

Wait, if i post here does that make me part of the club?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  14. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I would only really count Tenel Ka as a serious crush, with Dani it could be argued to be little more than some comradship, and I wouldn´t call whatever his relationship with Tahiri was romantic. And even with TK Jacen was very hesitant to actually sleep with her, in the end he had to be coerced into it, which is also why I believe Tahiri invented the whole her sleeping with Caedus story to appear more sympathetic.

If you want to be.

15. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Oh, no, i wasn't referring to Tahiri as the third crush, i heard that he has a crush on Gallandro's daughter in the later YJK books, that would make three counting Tenel Ka and Danni, and i'm talking about crushes, not full-blown "true love" romances, i'm of the opinion that Tenel Ka is the one woman he actually falls in love with, but i can't deny that he had a romantic crush on Danni in early NJO.

And the Tahiri thing in LOTF, i can't comment much on it because i haven't read those books, but as far as i know, that was Caedus, not Jacen.

Jacen being hesitant of expressing his feelings that way is totally in-character, as he isn't too focused on carnal love (especially later on) but i don't think it makes him borderline asexual, that would be if he never ever crushed on someone, we're even told in Dark Tide I that he.... um, fantasizes about Danni sometimes (i mean he was 16 at the time, give him a break) that in itself is proof that he is definetly not asexual in any way, i'd say he's just heterosexual, but just not very interested in sexual relationships, since his mind is on other things most of the time.

Guess i am, then :emperor:

16. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    This might not be exactly the right fanclub to talk about, but since it's sort of related to Jacen...

I'm starting to realize that I even prefer TLJ! Luke to Denningverse!Luke
    Already, the way both versions deal with the "dark side nephew who sacrificed a family member" problem says it all

It makes me quite sad

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  17. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    TLJ Luke is a man broken by what one mistake, one rash action of his caused. Its a tragic tale.

Denningverse Luke is basically Charles Manson, the can do no wrong leader of a cult that is utterly devoted to him and who he sends out to do his dirty work.

adalmentia likes this.
  18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Jacen’s not asexual. He’s not even bad or inept with women. He just has other things on his mind most of the time. He is the rare example of a man who subordinates his carnal desires to his spiritual aims. That said, he does have crushes and romantic interactions.

19. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    I am rereading Traitor for the umpteenth time
    I love this book so much

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Traitor is the best SW work ever produced.

21. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    I don't think it's necessarily the best work, but it's definitely the best book (in my opinion)

AusStig likes this.
  22. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    It is a really interesting book to read. So deep, I felt like after each chapter I had to stop and digest it.

23. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    In a word? Rough. How far have you made it so far?

24. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Traitor as a book gives a lot not only for Jacen's character development, but also as a critique of many of Star Wars' tropes, Jedi philosophy, and even giving great messages that appeal to real-world philosophy, that's probably why it resonates so much with readers, it accomplishes all of these functions without diminishing the larger NJO storyline, in fact, it enhances it considerably.

SiouxFan, AusStig and adalmentia like this.
  25. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I think it sets up the final conflict.

What I like about NJO is that one of the major conflicts is HOW the heroes win, not just can they win.