main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Jacen Solo Fan Club: Forever in the Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by -Vergere-, Oct 14, 2001.

1. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Put yourself in Leia's shoes here: What else is she supposed to say? She only has one child left, and if she tells Jaina that Jacen could have been redeemed or shouldn't have killed him....odds are that Jaina would have just left and never talked to her again. I think Leia is trying to absolve her daughter of all the guilt she must be carrying around.

That actually makes more sense.

2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    She could have done that in a number other ways. And then again for her actions in my opinion Leia would have deserved Jaina walking away from her.

I think this scene just shows again that Jaina always was the favourite child of both her parents by a country mile. And Jacen clearly the unfavorite.

adalmentia likes this.
  3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    My reading of that conversation is Leia trying to both be comforting and also not overly saccharine. She doesn’t believe Jacen was redeemable and doesn’t want Jaina to feel he was. “If you hesitated you would be the dead one”

Is pretty much saying “you made the right choice, hard as it was.” Its outright complementary.

She’s trying to reassure Jaina. Not herself. If she had insinuated that Jaina was right to hesitate or a chance at redemption was possible, Jaina would never recover from it.

At least, that’s my take on that line.

SiouxFan likes this.
  4. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Yeah but the thing is, Jaina is right. Whatever one wants to claim Jacen´s final action as well as how he shows up in FotJ show that yes, redemption was defenetly possible. And to some extend Jacen died as himself, not Caedus. Leia is litterally supressing the redemption of her son, so her daughter can feel a bit better. Which just underlines my point on where he priorities have always been when it comes to her children. And I think that while in short therm it might help Jaina to think she had no choice, in the long therm the knowledge of Jacen dying redeemed woul comfort her more than the thought of her brother being doomed forever.

And that is coming from someone who forgave Vader, who forgave Mara, who had no problem being friendly with imperials...

She is lying to herself about Jacen being irredeamable, and now she pushes that lie to Jaina as well. Repeating it over and over until they have forgotten its a lie. Which in my opinion is the oppositte of being a good parent.

adalmentia likes this.
  5. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So...for all Jacen fans, what would you say is Jacen’s most singular defining quality? I would prefer if everyone said something different, that would give us more to work with.

I would say Jacen’s fundamental trait is compassion. Jacen cares. He loves, both his family and friends and even strangers. Burning compassionate love is the core of who he is. A love for life, and others.

adalmentia and Anedon like this.
  6. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I agree.
    Just makes what was done to him post NJO all the more painfull. Kinda sad that he who redeemed an entire species and showed so much compassion in his life, didn't get any of it himself.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Ben is the only person who ever forgave him right?

7. adalmentia

adalmentia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2020
    A friend of mine wrote her version of Jacen's death for a sw writing contest (needless to say she hates Invincible)
    Her text can be found on her tumblr (dxnniquee)
    I thought it might interest you

Anedon likes this.
  8. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Don´t think I could ever write something like that. The brief flashbacks I have in my story to that duel where painfull enough to write...

9. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I had a dream last night with an alternate "death" scene of Jacen in invincible...

When Jaina is about to stab him, Anakin Solo appears as a Forceghost and stops her right as Jacen calls out through the Force to Tenel Ka. For a splitsecond they all are frozen in shock but Anakin tells them that they are needed united, never apart, a twin dyad in the Force. So despite differences and not being at ease they together try to figure out where they are needed as he intends to check on his family first and their danger.

But as Jacen's death is averted so far, another characters fate tips into the opposite direction fulfilling Jacen's vision from Betrayal. The one he mistook to mean Luke would take the dark mantle was actually Luke's son Ben looking so much like his father in the vision.

Alive Jacen Solo faces much animosity from all those he had betrayed and hurt and especially his own family in Tenel Ka and Allana. Alive being a worse fate for him having lost so much than redemption in death.

Cue FOTJ where Jacen is presumed dead only as Jaina kept his survival a secret from many and the public and only few like Tenel Ka swore to not reveal it. Jacen so far is on his own, hidden repenting alone until needed for the dyad. Meanwhile FOTJ kicks off as usual with Abeloth and madness as Ben slithers more towards the dark falling in love with a Sith girl and merely being a few years away from adulthood and embracing the dark mantle.

SiouxFan, adalmentia and Anedon like this.
  10. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Have you read my Jacen fanfic? Its not exactly like that but there are defenetly a few parallels... ;)

11. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    nope did not read it yet but link me

Anedon likes this.
  12. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    In my signature. ;)

13. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    That feeling when Tenel Ka actually laughs at your joke for once.
    [​IMG]

14. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Playing around with Faceapp using original character art gives us sweet variants:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Irredeemable Fanboy and SiouxFan like this.
  15. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Check out Tarsier's Chase here on the boards....it's not complete, but has a post-Caedus Jacen. It's quite good.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  16. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Good stuff!

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  17. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So am I the only one that likes Jacen/Tahiri? I think they actually work pretty well, both in a Sith master and apprenticeship way, and as both Jedi.

18. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I think the main problem with that ship is the somewhat questionable consent. Jacen was at that point explicitly lying to Tahiri, with his telling her that they could bring back Anakin. She followed him, and went to bed with him based on that lie... Like he was clearly using her.

I will say in my headcanon at least it didn´t happen and though Tahiri latched onto the rumors that it did in hopes of makeing her more sympathetic to the judges.

19. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Jacen/Tahiri would have worked in a sense of both having faced tragic losses and coping together, but that is not the best basis for love to kickstart. More mutual deep friendship, were there not the aforementioned lies and consent issues.

Likewise Anakin/Tenel Ka shared quite some dynamic ever since The Lost Ones. But more so for them than for Jacen/Tahiri whose connection is based on pain and loss.

SiouxFan likes this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean Tahiri doing the latter seems more out of character than Jacen re-breaking her mentally and shaping her into a Sith apprentice.

21. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I think that´s a matter of opinion then. But to me Tahiri never seemed to feel the slighest bit of honest guilt for her actions so adding this to her own "I´m just the poor innocent little victim" narrative makes sense to me.

But then I generally tend to see even Caedus as less of a carton villian as he is presented in the books.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Fair, fair.

Caedus for me is trying to be Palpatine and it shows.

Notwithstanding how close he came to ultimately winning, almost all the ground work was done by Lumiya, Vergere and the inevitable consequences of the Yuuzhan Vong War.

23. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Though how close to winning did he ever come? Like Luke could have probably killed him at any time, or a group of masters attacking him at once. Even the war was going against him in many ways.

24. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Jacen never wanted to be like Palpatine or even win. One should not forget that his goals were to become the evil so others would not have to. He intended to play his part as best as he could but knew he would never win and die trying. That was his entire point, even when going against loved ones. If he rises in darkness, the light would rise to meet him and clearly all his loved ones would be in the light, save from any darkness.

What he did not realize though is, that his rise in darkness lead to some around him growing darker too. Luke sanctioned assassination, Jaina committed to killing mercyless, the Jedi Council too sanctioned it. While intending to push them all into the Light as far as he could, Jacen forgot to take not of how nobody can walk the dark path alone, one would always take some with oneself. Tahiri, Luke, Jaina, the Council all fell prey to the dark while pretending to still serve the Light. Which lead right into the release of Abeloth and the Fate of the Jedi as they had to confront their failure before dipping too deep into it. Which is partly unadressed and unresolved to date.

adalmentia, SiouxFan and Iron_lord like this.
  25. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    I inclined to agree with you...but it would have made more sense had we: A) Gotten some of Jacen's POV regarding this topic or B) made the war 'worth it'. As it stands, we get an unsatisfying ending that only leads to another series of battles. I get it: life doesn't always have a satisfying conclusion, but we only come to the same conclusion we do when we study the Vietnam War: What the hell was all of that about?