main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Jacen Solo Fan Club: Forever in the Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by -Vergere-, Oct 14, 2001.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    The Vietnam war changed the map of Vietnam and united the country into one. The Second Galactic Civil War is undone three years later when the Confeds come back and want to seek "closer relations" with the GA again, to the point if Legacy it and its legacy where ultimatley nothing more than a "lighting rod" for brieley distracting Luke Skywalker from the One Sith. All the billions who died, died for nothing.

Even if there was a brief "Golden Age" by Allana, if we actually utterly believe this very suspcious and probably fake vision, it was at best temporary and, like the SGCW made utterly irrelevant in the long run by the events of Legacy.

Though to answer the question of what the war was about. I think the answer is easy: The total destruction of Jacen Solo both IU as well as OOU.

2. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    True...if we look at it from Hanoi's POV. If we look at it from an American POV, the country was divided when we got there, and it was divided when we left. From Hanoi's view, it was totally worth it. I know few Americans who would agree.

Just....ugh. The rationale for the 'Confederation' was dumb, at best, and this 'ending' doesn't help.

3. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Oh, wow, the first one is incredibly disturbing [face_laugh] she looks like my 50+ aunt with the forced filter smile put on her... Maybe that's why she doesn't smile much, it makes her look older.

And that third one is actually really cool, i don't know what's the experiment you did with that one, but where is that from? i've never seen that fanart.

4. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Your 50+ aunt? Why do I now want to meet her? Age matters not, as Yoda would say! Real life Tenel Ka I'd meet at any age!

The third one is a faceswap and merger of Dave Dormans Tenel Ka face from the lightsabers cover over a fanart of not-Tenel Ka but a character named Morgana from some cardgame or such that is not very popular. Stumbled over the fanart by accident and tried my luck if it can be turned into Tenel Ka. Hairstyle and clothes already were fanart original, haircolor and face is what I tweaked.

Faceapp filters is all I needed, no photoshop or anything. They improved the algorithm so that it not only copy pastes faces but also adjusts skincolor, haircolor and even the face direction. They basically create a 3d facemodel and can have it face in any direction but it works best if both images have similiar face/look directions.

Wanna see more I did?

As you may notice, some faceapp tricks work better than others... some faces or haircolors look off or not quite right.

Here are some Rey pics turned into Tenel Ka with Ben her Jacen. I suppose of Palpatine once dated Ta'a chume, the Tenel Ka being related to him angle could still work like for Rey and Palpatine. Heck, if Ben Solo is Jacen, Tenel Ka as Rey, then her parents could be Isolder "Palpatine" and his wife Teneniel Djo? Works in my book at least.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  5. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Well, she doesn't have a husband right now, i think, so you may have a chance! :pShe lives in Chile, though :emperor:

I looked up "Morgana card game" (yeah, i'm lazy, i know) and the closest i found was this:
    [​IMG]

You must have found some obscure stuff, but your work with that image is actually impressive, it looks like a genuine Tenel Ka fanart! I'd say you publish it on deviantart or something, unless someone who's a fan of that card game you mentioned comes at you accusing you of theft...

I wasn't aware that faceapp was capable of such things, back when i was messing around in faceapp with my girlfriend to kill some time, the best i could do was to mix an image of Han and Palpatine (the result was... interesting), but i couldn't do much with fictional characters, especially drawings, seems like a big upgrade from what i used, guess i might mess around with it too someday and do some mixing of Mark Hamill and Shannon McRandle to make Ben Skywalker lol.

6. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    @Irredeemable Fanboy Already got it up on Deviantart ;) nick there is Jobaly
    https://www.deviantart.com/jobaly
    or ceiranharmony on insta, twitter, etc. if you need to find me.

Got way more than I upload anywhere... image rights sadly prevent me from showing the good stuff.

Any mix and mash you do with faceapp, be sure to post it somewhere I will see it ;) Or link me!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  7. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    @ColeFardreamer Great! I saw your other edits for mini-Mara, it really does look like her with the clothing style hahaha, i'll be sure to follow you in there so i don't miss anything you create (i have to make another deviantart account, i lost my previous one's password lol).

Sure, i will share my experiments, we will get the definitive live action Ben Skywalker!

Also, speaking of Ben, it's funny how the only comic book depiction of the character was in a Tales comic that ignored all the continuity with Luke's first Lightsaber being stored by Palpatine in Mount Tantiss, given to Luuke and then Mara, which was a big part of the story of how Ben was made in the first place.
    [​IMG]
    And he's not ginger...

But it is interesting how in a seemingly unconnected universe from the regular Legends EU continuity, we got the same child for Luke despite the events leading up to his birth being very different, same thing happens in a lot of the wild Tales comics, even the one where Han and Chewie go to Earth and Han dies, when he's dying he mentions how he always had a feeling that Chewie would go first, "saving him or maybe his children" somewhat giving the reader the impression that was the way it's "supposed" to go in an unaltered universe, as if the existence of Ben, Jacen, Jaina and Anakin was something that was fixed in the post-endor stories in some sort of mainstream way the future goes.

Makes me wonder, could we consider the out-of-continuity comics from the old EU publishing era to be alternate timelines that differ from the EU timeline, but still treat the EU universe as the "main" one, being somewhat connected to it?

Yeah, i know, random rambling.

8. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Likewise Allana has brown-ish hair instead of red... brown was her fake-dye color only in the books but every art depiction went with it. Sigh. Had to fake that back to red myself.

And yub, Ben needs to be ginger.

As for your rambling, I like connecting what Tales comics one can into its own paralell universe. Which all would you combine?

9. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    I honestly didin't know that, since i haven't read anything with Allana on it, i couldn't tell the artistic depictions were, in fact, wrong.

Someone on DeviantArt named WildHorseFantasy did make an accurate Allana.
    [​IMG]

I don't have much specific ideas as of right now, but i think most of Tales can definetly fit in the regular EU universe, it's just some outliers that can't, but interestingly enough, the two stories i mentioned (the one with Luke's Lightsaber and the one with Han's death) both are featured in the same issue (#19) and that issue also has the short story with Cronal's retconned final death, which i hate, he should die on Shadows of Mindor, so maybe you could make the argument that the short story with Cronal is the same universe than the one with Ben in it, or at least a different universe than the EU, so that Shadows of Mindor becomes his final death (in fact i headcanon that the guy Luke and company defeat in that story ISN'T Cronal, since it's a pointless retcon anyway).

Tag & Bink is it's own universe (or is it? [face_thinking]).

Most of the other bizzare comedy stories are also each their own universe.

The "phantom menaces" short story from Tales #17 is definetly from an universe where TCW doesn't happen and Maul dies on Naboo, since Maul is an Iridonian, and his dead body was implied to be found on Naboo.

The "in the beginning" story from Tales #11, where Han obtains the Millenium Falcon, is also another universe, since it differs from the regular EU's version of how he got it, and also Chewbacca looks a lot different in there.

But there's also some stories that look that they don't fit, but actually do, for example there's this manga-styled short story from Tales #11 where Chewie gets jealous from Han spending too much time with Leia in a very humorous way, but despite the tone, it actually respects the EU's continuity a lot by mentioning the trip to Bakura as a recent thing and having Endor be the base of operations for the Alliance at that point.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  10. Posted in wrong thread but like Jacen

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2021
  11. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    You know, this is pretty much how I envision Queen Allana to look like as an adult(only with grey eyes).

12. adalmentia

adalmentia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2020
    May the Fourth be with you

JediAvatar and SiouxFan like this.
  13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So...what does everyone think Jacen did in the period in between DNT and LOTF? Was it just lightsaber instruction at the academy and mentoring Ben? Or did he do anything else?

14. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I feel mostly doing his duty as a Jedi. Maybe he did some mini journeys to other force using groups as well?

15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Maybe. You know that is another issue-with LOTF, it was supposed to be in 37 ABY. And Betrayal does somewhat treat it as being relatively close after the end of DNT(Allana isn’t even mentioned). What Jacen was doing the past four years, is never really explained or elucidated. It makes sense, he’d be in a more utilitarian frame of mind-immediately following DNT, thus he takes more ruthless or cold actions in Betrayal. But it’s been four years-of relative peace.

This intermediate period is never really accounted for, in either the EU as a whole really and very importantly in Jacen’s story.

I guess if you wanted to headcanon it-you could say Jacen was teaching Ben and doing lightsaber instruction, and probably was dissatisfied with his life, while also being under a lot of strain, to keep Allana a secret. So by Betrayal, he’s desperate for anything to shake up both his stressful, and also directionless life.

But this is never developed, because Betrayal is clearly intended to happen a year or less after DNT.

16. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I don't think it would have saved the plot or anything but maybe if Jacen's manipulations by Lumyia had happened over a longer period of time like several years it might have been somewhat more believable.

17. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Again, Betrayal is supposed to take place in 37 ABY. Nelani’s instruction is a major continuity issue, and also Zekk was stated to be a different age.

I think a longer period for Jacen to grow distant and dissatisfied and possibly manipulated would have worked.

18. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I think it would improve the story. Still feel a larger timeskip in general, that had the big three as proper senior citizens, Jacen and Jaina in their say mid forties and Ben in his twenties, Allana in her late teens would have generally been better.

It would give Luke a reason not to go after Jacen. He simply isn´t as strong anymore because of his age. Like I think around seventy even the more rabit Luke fans might be okay with him not being the strongest being to have ever existed who can defeat everyone anymore...

And like have several of the setup happen over a longer period of time, like several years. This could also allow Jacen to take the GA over more naturally instead of using a legal loophole, which is yet another handwave to make the story work.

Also Allana being older would allow her to be more of an active participant instead of just a macguffin.

19. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    My friend (dxnniquee on tumblr) just wrote an os about Danni's reaction to Jacen's fate (incorporating some modifications due to a fanfic project)
    It's an awesome text (and I'm not saying that just because she's my friend, it's really great (and very sad but great nonetheless))

I thought it might interest you (especially Danni fans who are just as frustrated as I am)

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  20. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Honestly if they wanted to remove Jacen and replace him with Ben that badly why didn´t they just have him get together with Danni or Tenel Ka and leave the Jedi order?

Why did they felt the need to destroy everything he was and stood for, not even mentioning the collateral damage...

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    adalmentia likes this.
  21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Jacen had become the central character, and as much I think they didn’t like him, or know what to do with him, they couldn’t just shove him off stage. I think denning but also Rostoni(or I think Chee?) who really didn’t like Traitor and it’s themes-they wouldn’t want that to go unchallenged. So making Jacen go dark was almost a requirement. Let him exit the stage and well the force remains more psychological, as opposed to mythical as they saw it.

22. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    You could have Luke or Ben monologue about how Jacen "failed as a Jedi" when he leaves and still get that satisfaction I guess...

23. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    I don't find this alternative very exciting but I guess as long as Jacen is alive and doesn't become the antagonist it would be better than what they gave us (everything would be better than LotF/FotJ (except the idea of Anakin's return to life))

24. adalmentia

Nov 12, 2020
    I thought back to the many missed opportunities with Jacen
    I think we should have seen him spend more time with his friends
    I would have liked him to go on some adventures with Zekk, and even Jagg
    His friendship with Zekk has been too underused for my liking (when's the last time they had a friendly chat in Legends ? The ceremony in DW ?)
    Then he could have known Jagg better
    Jagg also could have benefited a lot from a moment like this, maybe he could have gained a better personality and his exchanges with Zekk would have been about something other than Jaina
    If anyone knows good fanfics with Jacen hanging out with his friends, I'm in for it

Anedon likes this.
  25. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I will say I never felt like Jacen had that many friends, which is why in my trilogy I have him make new friends as he goes along.

Cause if you look at it, who was really his friend, if we exclude LIs like Tenel Ka and Dani, I would say its:
    -Lowie (who pretty much disapears after YJK being a bit character at best)
    -Zekk (were its debatable how close they actually were, he seemed to have had the closer connection with Jaina)
    -Raynar (is somewhat debatable wether they can be considered friends, but Raynar is absent for most of NJO save the mission were he is kidnapped, while he returns from that in TDN he doesn´t really recover until FotJ when Jacen is already dead)
    -Lusa (who dies offscreen in NJO with zero appearances previously)

There was Nelani but we know how that ended. Same with Seha who he abused for his goals and of course Tahiri. All of these are also played romantically. Infact I would say Lusa was the only female in age range, next to his sister, that he was just friends with.

Not sure if I could consider him and Jagged friends, also feel Jacen might be not so impressed with Jaggeds "the empire were the good guys, save for a very few evil people like Palpatine or Tarkin".
    Though that could make an intresting dynamic in and of itself.

Actually think Jacen being a loner probably did play a part in his fall. If he had just one good friend to rely on, to talk to, to discuss his worries and frustrations, I think he wouldn´t have fallen. Tenel Ka or Jaina could have been that friend, but Jaina threw him to the wolves for a corpse and Tenel Ka already had what she needed from Jacen...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021