main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jagged Fel: Index , Challenge & Discussion Thread {Current Topic Active; New Challenge Added!}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jagged_Fel_Index, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    From my point of view I get a sense of Jaina being much more dangerous than Tahiri ever could. And Jag's type of character calls for someone like that. Tahiri's just dull. She contains none of the character that makes Jaina so interesting and fun to read.

2. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    *pats Tahiri on head*

It's OK, Tahiri, I still think you're a sexy, dangerous woman with severe mental problems!

And you can't say Alema isn't scary, 'cause I don't believe it!

3. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    I have to say that when it comes to a knock down, drag em' out fight, Jaina proabably wouldn't be a match for Tahiri - and Alema would most likely beat her.

But in a starship, she'd win.

And for Jag - being a pilot - I think that matters more than fist-fighting ability.

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Just lurking through....:D

Well, I have to agree with Jade Solo....

Shawnkyr is the gal for our Jag[:D] .... Although, I wrote a vig the other day after a mutant plot bunnie bit me that I blamed on Kissa's fic that paired Tenel Ka with Chak Fel....Yep, you guessed it Jag and Tenel Ka...[face_mischief]...But seriously, I love Kyrn with Jag...It was after reading some of the Shag stuff that I started to even like Jag...I never liked him before I read Inara's Friends No More...now I love him as much as I do Kyp and have writen almost as many Shag pieces as I have K/J stuff...

But as for Jaina, she is all Kyppie's[face_love]....Sorry...

However I think in Profic she will end up with Zekk, I'm afraid to say...:(

I also have a question for Courtney...I would like to have some of my pieces added to the Index...unless you are only taking J/J stuff?...And I have another question...Does Jag have to be the main character or can he just play an important part in the story...As in my Love's Sweet Promise, where he only plays an important role as a supporting character, just as K/J do, but his kids to Kyrn are main characters...?

FL @};-

5. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Actually, there are hints that she might still get Jag. [face_love][face_love]

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    In profic I'm not even going to try to guess who Jaina'll end up with. There are way too many different authors to be able to decide. haha. Everyone writes things differently and makes me change my mind, so hopefully they end this soon enough and have Jaina pick someone for good.

7. Cleg4359

Cleg4359 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2006
    A pretty interesting discussion on who Jag should end up with. If you people don't mind here's my thoughts on the topic.

Jaina: Obviously has the most history with Jag, atleast romantically, but not all of it is good. The relationship has changed a lot since the end of the NJO. I'm not sure they can repair it. I can't see Jag forgiving her anytime soon. He basically stuck his neck out for her and she chopped it off. She's gonna have to do a lot more than talk to him to get back on his good side. Another thing is I can't see him leaving the Chiss for her, and the Ascendancy surely won't let her back into Chiss space. I'm not saying J/J can't still happen, but Jaina would have to do a lot of work.

Shawnkyr: I love her character but I don't think her and Jag work as a couple. Maybe before the NJO but not anymore. I love their friendship and Jag needs a solid friend these days.

Tahiri: I don't see her ending up with anyone in profic. She's still dealing with the whole Anakin deal.

Alema: She was stuck on a planet with Jag for a while, but there is the whole her being evil thing to deal with.

So, really, I don't think any work with Jag at this point, atleast in profic. Jaina is the most likely, but as I said, it won't be easy for them. And if I was Jag, I wouldn't bother trying. He'd be better off with someone else like Evelyn Tabory(I think thats her) or some other minor/unknown lady. Then again, Jag seems the type that would be fine with just his military career.

8. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    I can't agree with you more...I really don't see Jag and Jaina ever reparing their relationship...I think it would be equivalent to a bad devource where the couple still have underlying feelings for each other but have been hurt beyond the point of reparing the damage done...I would like to see both of them happy but I never really like them together, I have to admit...I never really saw them as good for each other...To me it was like he was trying to change her to be what he wanted and she wanted him to be what she wanted...That is never good and it never works out no matter how much you think you love the other person...

And Cleg4359, we have had the Jag/Shawnkyr discussion before over on the Foreigners thread...I still feel the same...but I do wholeheartedly agree with you concerning J/J....:D

And I never saw him with Tahiri...even back when that seemed to be the popular paring in most of K/J fics...I never liked it and I always thought it felt forced...And now I really think it is impossible...
    ;)

FL @};-

9. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    It doesn't have to have J/J, this isn't the J&J index. :p
    Any 'fic you have with Jagged Fel in it qualifies. Just PM the sock your entries. :)

C @};- S

10. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    I completely agree. The Jag and Tahiri couple has always seemed a bit forced to me. Just un-natural and stuff. I haven't read too many K/J fics mostly because I can't stand to read the J/T part of them. But if anyone has found one that really works, let me know because I wouldn't mind reading it.

11. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    I feel like I should say something else to support Jag and Jaina as a couple; however, after a while 'discussing' starts to breed bad feelings, and I most certainly don't want that.

(Although everyone's being really good about discussing their points here[:D])

However, what Flowerlady said about a bad divorce does ring true. But all the same I think that they can still work things out. It will take a lot of work - mostly on Jaina's part - but it's not impossible.

And the thing about Jag is I can't see him holding a grudge forever. When Jaina 'betrayed' him by attacking with Lowie it wasn't 100% her fault. She was being manipulated by Jacen and wasn't really thinking clearly due to the Kilik mind interference.

Because the Chiss seem to know about how Joiners are affected, I think that it's safe to say that he can understand that not all her actions were the ones that she would have made with a clear head.

Which isn't to say that he can just forgive and forget either. And her even becoming a Joiner had to be very hard on him. Still, she wasn't trying to murder him all along. She wasn't fighting him - she was fighting to protect the bugs. I think that Jag - with his awesome ability to precieve how people behave - will be able to understand that.

Oh, and before I get to far from the topic at hand, I'd also like to say that I've never read any Jag and Tahiri fics before, so I can't say if it'd feel forced or not; however, it doesn't 'feel' right in my head when I think of it.

12. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    My POV:

Jag/Jaina - OTP. They just fit, wingtip-to-wingtip: complimenting each other's skills, striking off each other's POVs, challenging each other's weaknesses. The only Jag 'ship I've ever built published 'fic around, and I've built quite a lot around it...

Yes, they're in an awkward position in canon at the minute, but Star Wars is about breaking out of that sort of situation, literal, metaphorical or metaphysical. As I see it, the tension between them in DN3 has its roots in their differing backgrounds - Jedi and Rebel, Chiss and Imperial. From the moment they met, I think they recognized something between them that transcended that context, reconciling apparent oppositions - Joseph Campbell, anybody? - but difficulties occur when they're forced to take sides. The Jag and Jaina of Ruin were trying to buck that - the Jag and (especially) Jaina of DN3 have been manipulated by context into denying the truth.

And since when was Star Wars about dogma and rigid thinking winning?! :eek: ;)

Jag/Kyrn - They're definately old friends, and their friendship provides a complication to J/J, something I've used in various ways in several 'fics - Shawnkyr is an enigmatic, attractive and female old friend of Jag's, who Jaina will natually be wary of. But, in all honesty, I think she works better with Anakin Solo... :p [face_mischief]

Jag/Tahiri - I don't think there's really very much here. It's possible - one 'fic I wrote had Jag and Tahiri have a one-night stand when their marriages to Jaina and Anakin were going through a rocky patch... but that 'fic was ultimately [J/J, A/T], and it was ultimately about human nature, friendship, and where true love lies...

Jag/Leia - I [face_love] Elena's 'fic - hurry up and finish The Younger Brother, kid! - but I can't see myself writing it the way I've written Han/Tahiri... :D [face_whistling]

Jag/Evlyn Tabory - *rimshot!*

- The Imperial Ewok

13. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Yes! that's it exactly. I couldn't agree more.

14. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    I agree! Thrawn McEwok has summed it up perfect for what Jaina and Jag are. It just fits. Couldn't have said it better myself.

15. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    ****Delurks****

You could say that about Kyp Durron as well....

I'm just pointing out...
    :D

FL @};-

*****Goes back to Lurking*****

16. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    You could say it, but I disagree! :p

Kyp and Jaina have some similarities going on, certainly - but they don't have the differences of perspective and attitude that is what distinguishes J/J and (IMHO) makes it work so well. Kyp and Jaina are trying to deny their similarities; Jaina and Jag are trying to show that their differences make them a stronger wing-pair (which they do!)...

I could even make a case that Kyp reflects what happens when Jaina bottles out of actually trying to escape the trap of her Rebel/Jedi context... ;)

- The Imperial Ewok

17. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    If the challenge is still going on and you need judges, I can be one. I've got major writer's block, so I'm not entering.

Okay who should Jag be with? Easy, Jaina.

Shankyr (sp?) - She's not even human. No matter how 'Chiss' Jag acts, let's face it, he's a human. And he's Correlian. A Correlian pilot male. He wants a woman. Think Han, Corran, Wedge, ect. They are more like formal friends than anything else.

Tahiri- She's way too young, plus, she's got a lot of stuff to deal with before romance. It just doesn't make sense.

And here is why I say Jaina.

Jag was basically created for her. He would not have made sense if he wasn't with her. They have a bit of Han/Leia mix with the teasing, then a Luke/Mara competitive thing. Kyp was the friend and Jag was the lover that completed Jaina. It just makes sense, basically.

I think one major reason they aren't currently together is because of the curse on Star Wars. I think Lucas made it a rule no Skywalker can just fall in love and get married. It has to be as complicated as possible.

18. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    That made me laugh. It's too true. And for the record, I have yet to read DN3... mostly because I don't want to have to read about Jaina and Jag fighting. haha.

19. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    I actually enjoyed their interaction in The Swarm War. Maybe I'm just one to love characters going through hardships. But it was an interesting read.

20. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Deifnately. :)

21. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    :oops: So that's why they've been having troubles!

McEwok summed up best why Jaina should be with Jag as far as storytelling goes. I know we all have individual preferences, but I have always felt J/J sticks to the spirit of Star Wars thematically. Only time will tell...

22. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    For me, I don't really care. It's just fun to read all the twists and turns. Of course, I say this having not even finished the DN trilogy yet, but being behind on a year's worth of Days of Our Lives hasn't stopped me from enjoying it. :p

Whoever said that Jag needs a woman who can kick his ass, I think that person was spot on. [face_laugh] He can be a romantic, but he's that wild, exciting, hide in your room and ambush you kind of romantic. Noble yet playful. [face_batting] That kind of approach works best on woman who can rub his face in the ground with ease. And that woman could be Jaina, Alema, Kyrn, or some newcomer (ooooh).

Okay, and maybe Leia. :p

23. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    *laughs* I think Jag might have the advantage of being a couple decades younger than Leia. He'd be able to deck her with ease ... but y'never know. She DOES have the Force on her side. [face_devil]

:p

24. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    You never know...they're a lot alike. [face_laugh]

The other possibility is that there's simply no one for Jag. He reminds me of Obi-Wan sometimes - opportunities for love, maybe a relationship or two, but he seems very much bound to his duty. So it's possible that he regards his place among the Chiss as taking priority over any girl. That's not to say the two sides couldn't mesh, but considering what happened with Jaina, he might just marry himself to the military. Or find himself a nice Imperial girl. I'm sure they still exist. :p

25. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    I could definitely see Jag marrying the military. He's so duty bound and with all of his Jaina problems, if it never works out between them I could see him just giving up on love completely and devoting his life to the Chiss.

And a nice Imperial girl is a myth. I've never heard of a real one, they're all just rumors Imperial pilots make up to make themselves sound good. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.