main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Jaina Being Decisive" One-shot Fic-Gift for brodiew :)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 15, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: "Jaina Being Decisive"
    Author: WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

In response to the 2020 Fic-Gift Challenge
    Disclaimer: Borrowing the characters for fun.

Note: I got fic-gift wish list from @brodiew

Here is what was asked for:

For my challenge I would love to see [one of]:
    1. I would like to see Mace Windu get a rise out of Chancellor Palpatine at a diplomatic function.
    2. Jaina Solo laugh and/or show some depth of emotion outside of anger and stoicism.
    3. Poldo ( Poe and Holdo) or Poe and Rey argument and make up.
    No droids and please no Padme or Anakin.
    Best regards,
    Brodie

~!

Jaina laughed as Jysella showed Jaina a slogan on a T-shirt saying "Pilots like it FAST!"

"Jag certainly does in sims. Dating, it took him forever to admit he wanted to take me out. Being friends with the Antilles ... I guess he heard about my Dad and was worried Dad would give him grief."

"Well, he should be glad you didn't follow up on your Kyp-crush."

Jaina grinned. "Kyp winding up with a lovely Noorian Jedi took care of that fanciful daydream. Then not more than six months later, I met Jag."

Jaina was babysitting for her brother and sister-in-law. Nothing exploded or melted or flooded during the time Anakin and Tahiri were out at the holofilm and dinner.

So that made Jaina think, hey, maybe I wouldn't tank at this parent thing.

Stars filled her eyes and she began getting sappy romantic songs stuck in her head.

She began requesting their personal entertainment droid 4EM to play these.

Her Mom and Dad shared significant glances.

In her blunt Solo fashion, she proposed and he gladly accepted.

Jaina's family and friends were glad she and Jag had skipped or shortened the whole oblivious stage.

Jaina said during the vows exchange, "I knew who I was meant to share my life with, and I never looked back."

Jag replied, "I am very glad I was smart enough to realize that you were the one who would make every moment exciting and radiant."

===

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww.... I love how you're giving the Solo family such a beautiful future with Anakin and Tahiri having kids, Jaina and Jag getting married-- and I love that Jaina proposed.

I definately think the emotion brodiew was looking for is there!

3. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Thank you this wonderful gift, Nyota. Yes, it is nice to see Jaina being domestic, babysitting. I love any mention of Anakin and Tahiri. Nice to know that they have children now. I wonder what their names are?

Jaina listening to sappy romantic songs is quite an image, but one I can get behind. I'm glad to know that she and Jag are going to tie the knot. She deserves to be happy and it nice to see her relaxed and content.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I totally enjoyed writing Jaina as a lady in love enjoying family and friends. :)

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see the EU with Jaina and Jag getting married

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, sweet! Though I don’t know the characters or era well, I love the sweet portrait you’ve painted here about Jaina decisively following through on her love for Jag and definitely not just being stoical and stolid about it, nor wishy-washy and clueless. Sounds like she really made the right decision. :) And how wonderful to see the inimitable 4EM make an appearance—he always brings me a smile! :D Very nice work once again, as you always do in with love stories in this era! =D=

7. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    What a heartwarming story to read on Christmas Eve! I love the progression of Jaina's romantic feelings for Jag from thinking that she wouldn't be terrible at parenting to getting starry-eyed ideas of her future with Jag to wanting to listen to sappy love songs to having where her mind was going picked up on by her parents to proposing to Jag in her blunt Solo fashion. There is just a sort of Hallmark holiday movie feel to all that in the best possible way because what could be more perfect for a holiday fic gift?

Also, I loved the little glimpse into Anakin and Tahiri having a happy life together, going out on dates and having Jaina babysit their children.

Thank you for this charming fic to read and enjoy around the holidays!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks much! I cannot imagine any child of Han and Leia being wishy-washy [face_laugh] [face_love]

A Hallmark feel... is what I adore & what I was going for. :D

9. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    This was so sweet! Love Jaina knowing what she wants and going for it, because really, what child of Han and Leia's would ever be wishy-washy about anything? :p And of course I love that they all get a happy ending here! Lovely work on this. [face_love]=D=

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Must have a happy ending :)

11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    And you indeed managed that happy ending, making a lot of people happy in the process!:D

12. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Funny little story. Always nice seeing Jainagetting some action.

13. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Aww I loved this J/J mini story!
    Haha! [face_laugh] That's a very Jaina way to look at parenting - no disasters = success!

Very cute! :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  15. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Aww, it's really nice to see a version of Jaina where she hasn't stopped caring about other responsibilities, but she is willing to make choices for her own (and Jag's) happiness too! :) These things don't have to be mutually exclusive, one can have a balance of priorities. (Okay, that's a dead eopie, but I think it's at least one we feel similarly about! :p ) Anyway, I really liked the words that they had for each other at their wedding ceremony. Very sweet! [face_love]