main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton January 20th Meeting

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by liannb, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Thanks Madkau. Some of those are from my Padawan days but you get a sense of the scale these things go on.

2. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    Meeting Minutes:

We are ordering new business cards this week, also getting the transfer paper to make Edmonton Fanforce t-shirts.

For the toy and comic show we will be re-doing some of the photo boards and doing up an albun and having a photo slide show for the dvd player. also doing up some more flyers.

the group will be heading to Calgary in April for the Comic and Entertainment Expo

We've decided to go to Drumheller camping this year, date is TBA

We're going to have a super happy fun day next month and something to celebrate the groups birthday.

A new folder has been started in the photobucket for this year.

CR Elections are coming up in March

3. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Transfer paper? Do you iron that on?

4. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
  5. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    I don't know, with a couple of washes your picture is all cracked and stuff, that is what happened to me when I made a few shirts.

6. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Forgot to bring up at the meeting that Sir Tom was wondering if we'd be interested in doing some kind of joint event with them, maybe a pub night or a charity event of some kind. If any one has any ideas we can discuss it at the next meeting :)

7. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Jarrett, I've had pretty good luck, and some problems with them. I did a shirt for my mom's birthday 6 years ago and it held really well. I mean you have to look really close and squint to see what it says and the shirt itself is a hair dye shirt now, but it hasn't cracked and took forever to fade. Then there were the Dragons. The colour ran when they were washed. But they were really dark prints, and I don't know if Faye used a hot enough iron because the fabric was a poly/cotton blend and she didn't want to scorch it.
    I think if we don't use too much heat when washing or drying them they should be okay.

8. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    Yep, I'm in for the joint event. It's always good to do stuff with other groups around the city, like the Knights, or the 501st IMO. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.