main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo January Activity

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by _JediKnight_, Nov 30, 2009.

1. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    Hi everyone!

So instead of creating a brand new thread I just decided to change this one from December to January.

Just wanted to see if any of you would be interested in an activity this month. Probably would be one of the weekends the end of the month so we can get something planned. Let me know what works for all of you.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I can do that.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    I would be up for that.

4. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    anyone else? I guess based off those who have been posting the only other person is Mia. I know she said she isn't on the boards as often so I will send her a message

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'll drag Kateydidnt along. And possibly Spiritofeowyn if I can.

6. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    You know, Avatar comes out that weekend.....just sayin

7. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Sorry, yeah, I should be good for those dates. And I'd be up for seeing a movie or doing something holiday themed or whatever you guys want to do. (I know, so helpful!)

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Doi, I forgot that Katey is in her homestate at that time and I think likewise for Spiritofeowyn. Of all the times for people to want to see their families, honestly!

9. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Do you know when they are planning to go home for the holidays? Maybe we could do it earlier in the week if that gives a possibility of them being able to go. Would be nice to get as many people there as possible.

Oh, so I was thinking for the activity

Option 1: Bowling. It's fun, yet allows us a chance to be able to talk to each other and get to know people. If we decide not to do this option because of the holiday one we could do it for another activity sometime.

Option 2: Some type of holiday thing. We could get together and watch a holiday movie like "Elf" or something and have hot chocolate and cookies or other types of snacks. This also would allow us the chance to talk and get to know each other. Though, not as active as bowling. For this one we would have to find somewhere to have it. I would not be able to host it. Though I could try to get a room on BYU campus to use a projector for watching a movie

I also know of one other person who will probably be able to go. She is signed up on the boards here but hasn't posted in a while (EmpressJainaSoloFel).

Though we do need to finalize a day, makes it easier to get confirmation from everyone. So Ish, let me know when you find out when Katey and Spiritofeowyn will be headed home. I would love to have as many people as we can there.

Let me know which activity sounds good.

10. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    Sorry :blushes: I really am almost never in the fanforce boards. I spend most of my time in the Beyond fanfic board or Costuming. I'll try to drop in more often.

11. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Sorry I forgot to send you info about this like I said i would.

Turns out this week seemed to be really busy for everyone and we didnt end up doing anything. I know I was a lot busier than I expected. We will just have to make sure we do something next month.

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry, I had a horrendous week at work after a very trying period of getting through the Christmas program and so I just now remembered to check this!

13. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Ok, first post updated in regards to a January activity. December was a busy month so lets hope this month might be a little more relaxed and easier to get something together

14. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    My weekends are pretty free, just let me know when. :)

15. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    Im up for a jan meetup

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Me too. Let's get proactive about this, shall we?

17. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    One thing I would like to know. Who can and is willing to have activities hosted at their place? (by that I mean, just providing the place, doesn't mean you have to plan it) I am asking in general, not just for this month :) I know that as of right now I can't have anything at my place. And don't feel obligated to offer your place. We can always find locations that aren't someones apt/house (especially will be easier once the weather warms up). I would just like to make a list of who can. Feel free to either post here or send me a pm if you would rather let me know that way.

Anyway...back on topic:

Let me know which of these dates works best for the activity this month

Friday 22nd or Saturday 23rd
    Friday 29th or Saturday 30th

Any of those would work for myself

18. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    Saturdays would probably work better for me, I can host stuff at my house but its in Sandy so thats qute a trek from provo.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I don't know about hosting--I just got new roommates. Ask later on, since I've done it before. But I definitely prefer Saturday evenings.

20. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    So, I just got a new job that's kept me a little busy the last week and a half. I know that I am should be available this Saturday evening. Not sure about next Saturday. If anyone sees this before this weekend...maybe we could do something then. I was thinking something simple and cheap like going to a movie at the Dollar theater.

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry, I just found out a friend's b-day party is tomorrow night.

22. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    Wheres the dollar theater at?

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    550 W and University Parkway in Provo, by Olive Garden.