main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL January Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    I just can't help to notice all your typo's. I mean no one is perfect and a mistake is expected from time to time, but dang girl! I thought one of our pint size members was bad, but they are improving pretty quickly. Well atleast you know you have a problem, thats the first step in getting help. :p
    Just razzing ya. No offense. I get the gist of what you are saying..?

2. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Have to keep this flagging post alive, so, since I'm having problems accessing "our website" can you tell me when Dragon*Con is?

Melanie

3. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    http://www.dragoncon.com/

Friday through Monday, September 3rd-6th, 2004 (167 days away) in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

4. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    THANK YOU! I have a 5-6 day weekend so I'm thinking about doing a road trip up there and going 1 or 2 days to that & then maybe continue up to visit some family. Anyone else thinking about going to Dragoncon?
    Melanie

5. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Here's a bit of randomness for you:

Today I went to the doctor's office to get my physical exam so I'd be a-okay for my transfer to Resort Yachts. Well, guess what? Apparently, I'M BLIND AS A FRICKIN' BAT!!! My left eye is something like 20/100 and my right eye is 20/60, combined 20/40 (don't ask me how that works). The guy asks me if I drove to the office. I didn't (since it was for work, they took me), so I said no. Then he asked me if I drive at all. I said, "Everyday." The guy looks at me and gives me a big, "Hmmmm." Oy. I knew I didn't have the best eyesight, but I had no idea it was this bad.

Bottom line is that I can't even continue my training until I get cleared by the doctor's office. I can't get cleared by the doctor's office until I get glasses. I won't be able to get glasses for probably two weeks, if I'm lucky. So I'm officially in limbo. Technically, I don't think I'm legal to drive my car anymore, but until the state of Florida tells me different, I'm still going out there to endanger everyone's lives. :p

Man, this sucks. My supervisor/former coworker Brandon is going to flip tomorrow when he finds out. He'll either exclaim, "WTF!", laugh hysterically, or both. I'll let you know.

L8r

6. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Stop masterbating, and your eyesight may improve.

7. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    It seems no one ever knows they need glasses unless they had them since they were young. After I got glasses, I became a *huge* proponent for having everyone tested. I am certain there are countless people out there that really do believe they have good vision. Sadly, they probably don't and would benefit grately from glasses.

Growing up, I went through the typical vision and hearing examinations, passed them all. I then started working at the Sheriff's Office and every single person there claimed I should be shooting better than I was. Even upon video review of my stance and such, everything was all but perfect. I was not missing, not by a long shot, but I was not "grouping" like I should. I also began to notice that through the years people seemed to be able to read road signs at a further dinstance than I was able to do so. Again, though, no one had EVER suggested glasses.

A little before I turned 26, I decided to go in for a full physical. The doctor said my vision was okay by DOT standards, 20/50 in one eye, 20/40 in the other, but that he thought I would "benefit from wearing glasses." However, they were not required for driving or anything.

I didn't mind. I went out, shopped for frames, and ordered the lenses.

I then went in when they got in, sat down in those little chairs in front of those little mirrors, but them on, and I, *literally* almost freaked out. I had no freak'n clue how much detail was in my face, little marks here and there, bumps, stuff on the nose, hair much more detailed. I looked around and *everything* was vastly more vibrant, especially certain colors like yellow, red, and orange, they just stood out far better than they ever have before. I got into my car and the detail on the dashboard and just everything was awe inspiring.

Getting home, my television looked better, my computer and video games were superior looking, and I could read stuff from all the way across the room.

Before this, again, my "old vision" was normal to me, I "knew" I could see perfectly, but glasses are the best. I am against contacts, at least for me, and I could go off on why, but that would be an entire other topic of discussion, and, as of now at least, laser surgery is a no-no. Plus, all my friends, those that knew me before the glasses, have blatantly stated I look better with them on, so, in the end, it is well worth it.

If anything, I would urge you to not be upset in the least, not even a little. Be thankful for this, go out, get some good frames, put in your order, and you will be in shock at how good the world can look.

When I'm walking my dogs, I still remember how much detail was missing from the trees, grass, dirt, etc. before I had glasses.

Note: when you get your first pair of glasses, also get a pair of presecription sun glasses, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Brandon

8. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Oops, I meant masturbating. Sorry dont really need to do it that often, so therefore my spelling was a little off. Sorry, wont happen again!

9. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    hehe ....does this mean dale knows how to keep from being blind by expirience

10. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I wear contacts but wore glasses most of my life. In fact, most people didn't notice when I was alternating every other day. It does change your life when you can finally see. You never know what you've missed because you don't remember ever seeing perfectly. Can't wait to see you in your new specs!

Melanie

11. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I guess I won't know until I get my glasses, but I don't think my vision is THAT bad, really. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm missing out and I don't even know it.

And Dale, if that old wive's tale about masturbating were true, I'd have gone blind years ago! [face_laugh]

I keed, I keed (maybe). :p

L8r

12. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    So, with all this talk about masturbation, should, maybe, the next meeting be held at some adult store?

Brandon

13. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I think it should be held at the Fairvilla near the beach so I don't have to drive all that far, then we can all go to Lido's.

14. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Ia,

Does it look like I need to masturbate? Lol.

Dale

15. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    oh deer.... I .... nevermind :p

16. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I think I see Ia blushing. Her cheeks are turning purple from the blue paint.

17. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Gosh people there are minors here...seriously! (not really).

C'mon, we ALL know Dale doesn't have the need to! He just goes up to Star Wars celebrities and asks them to have dinner, then gets them drunk, and wakes up with bite marks on his chest!

18. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah where is the Etiquette Nazi?

19. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Lol. Bite marks and Nazis what a combo.

20. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    You know, that is a sexy combo.

21. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Ruckus, she's sharpening her claws. Is scratching allowed? Meow!

Melanie

22. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Whose sharpening her claws? Biting and scratching is always allowed of course.

23. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Something funny to check out.

Go to google.com. In the search engine type weapons of mass destruction, and instead of hitting the search button, hit the feeling lucky button. Someones got to much time on their hands.

24. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    That got put up around the start of the war. Too true.

25. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    That was pretty funny.

Heh.

L8r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.