main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Japanese Trailer - Tons of new footage

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Chris_Fives, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015

^:)^[face_hypnotized]^:)^[face_hypnotized]^:)^[face_hypnotized]

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags, just in case.

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Damn! I was hoping there wouldn't be any more!
    Not watching - for now. Hopefully I'll be able to resist until next month. That picture in the video is a little more than I really would've wanted :/

B99 likes this.
  3. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    The more I see, the more I hype. [face_dancing]

4. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Stunning.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Another incredible trailer! =D=

This trailer was officially released, so I added an Official tag to the thread. I also put the video in the first post inside spoiler tags, just in case the freeze image shown was too spoilery for anyone.

Chris_Fives and Pensivia like this.
  6. KyloSolo

KyloSolo Jedi Padawan

Sep 25, 2015
    *attempts to contain self*
    *continues attempt*
    *continu- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    *attempt failed*

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Can anyone tell me if anything new about the story or characters were revealed? If not, then I may consider watching it (I have the discipline and self control of a 3-year old :p ).

Pensivia likes this.
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I love BB-8!!!

Mist1024 and The Bops like this.
  9. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000

Elsewhere I've read some people say that this gives away a lot of plot. I'm not really getting that though. Maybe I've just managed to piece together too much already so this trailer wasn't able to add much new. I was able to place a character in a place already established in previous trailers that I didn't know was there before. Doesn't bother me, with three other trailers I'll already know a lot about what characters to expect in certain places anyway.

The dialogue is half new but most of it is generic. This might be the bit that people think is spoilerish. Frankly I don't think a lot of people realise how much the dialogue is edited. One particular 'new' line of dialogue that ostensibly hints at one characters origins is clearly cut together from different scenes. The other piece of dialogue seems to indicate something happens. That something I could already see anyway from the last trailer. It's very non specific though. I think there's quite a bit of misdirection in these trailers where I don't have to worry too much about drawing inferences.

Half of it is new footage. The biggest 'spoiler' for me personally was the visuals. This trailer clearly showcases the best shots in the movie. It is markedly beautiful. There's one shot that makes you go 'wow' that I would have preferred to see first in a theatre but I'm willing to bet there's still plenty of these grand compositions that won't be shown until the 18th.

The trailers have been like a four course dinner. This trailer is like a rich desert. Some people are wise to skip it, others like myself can treat themselves without the need to feel too guilty, however any more after this would certainly be overboard.

10. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Thanks Raz Zaphon - appreciate it!

Still haven't made up my mind though :p I'm finding it extremely hard to not watch it!

Pensivia likes this.
  11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I found two things both interesting, and confusing:

There's no mistaking now, Rey definitely has an accent-which makes me wonder about her parentage and all that. Unless the accent is one of JJ's little tricks, overdubbed for the trailer to throw us all off. Not sure if that's likely, but I wouldn't put it past him!

ALSO:

Her mention of "waiting...for my family" also sounded intriguing, to say the least!

Great trailer though. I love the imagery and the way it seems to be filmed! One of my favorite shots is:

when we see the "fuselage-mounted-camera view" of the X-wings doing an inverted roll-dive. Another-yet new-homage to the filming of old WWII combat sequences. Fantastic!!

six weeks...............

six weeks............[face_hypnotized]

Hernalt likes this.
  12. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005

For this part-
    Her mention of "waiting...for my family" also sounded intriguing, to say the least!

It was not who you think it is.

13. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, I totally caved [face_blush]

Great trailer - didn't give away much at all, really.
    The images are really beautiful - whether or not the movie is good remains to be seen, but the more I see from it, the more I'm convinced it's going to look fantastic!

Also:
    Wilhelm scream!

B99, Raz Zaphon and Pensivia like this.
  14. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Yeah, I totally caved too.:p There was only one shot that I feel like may have shown me just a bit "too much" (though it's probably not a big deal).

For some reason, the trailer as a whole didn't make as much an impression on me as Trailer 3, though perhaps that's because so much of it was also in Trailer 3.[face_dunno] I know I liked the music and the overall flow/pace of the editing a lot more in the U.S. version. Oh, well! Nothing negative, though--still very excited for Dec. 18 (at 12:01 a.m. to be exact)!

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

16. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
  17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

I'm curious, who do you think it is then?

18. MJedi

MJedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 17, 2000
    I'll probably watch this trailer. I just hate that a lot of the news on social media are using the image in the OP on Twitter and Facebook. It's almost spoiler material, and probably frustrating for those trying to stay spoiler-free

19. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    Ah geez. I paused the video before it could play and the like-to-dislike ratio is ridiculously positive.... So tempting[face_nail_biting]

20. That Real Hope

That Real Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 14, 2015
    Would have liked more Finn but still no Luke....

Sent from my E2105 using Tapatalk

21. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I want the Japanese title slides translated...

Pensivia likes this.
  22. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    Even if this trailer is just more imagery and not so much story, I still find it dangerous. Like I can see myself watching the film opening night thinking, "hey, I haven't seen THAT scene from the trailer yet". The more that happens, the more I'm able to prematurely piece the plot together without even realizing it. Which doesn't make for the most enjoyable movie-going experience.

23. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    well, in all honesty, I think I have already pieced together some of the story just from the official stuff, and from visiting this board. Not that the board has been that spoilerish, but after a while, I don't think my speculation is out in left field.

That being said, the visuals are just plain good in the trailer. It also does reveal the character's names which isn't particularly spoiler-ish with the exception of the hard-core.

I particularly liked the TIE fighters coming out of the horizon . Damn, that looked good. And had lots more of BB-8

24. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    BB-8 is the real main character of the ST, i'm sure of it!:cool:

Pensivia likes this.
  25. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    More what? Trailers? TV spots? Promo reels? Interviews? HBO First Looks? I'd suggest putting yourself into carbon freeze now (I know I'm considering it), because it's only going to get worse as we near December 17th. I think I remember there were over 30 individual different TV spots for Jurassic World when it was on it's promo run in May and early June. And that was Jurassic World: the movie nobody wasn't expecting to become the 3rd highest grossing. This is Star Wars: the movie everybody is expecting to be AT LEAST third highest grossing. You know they're going to be promoting the heck outta this movie. We're already in promo stage now. It began back at Force Friday. ;)