main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Japor_Angel's FanArt - Updated 4/13

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Japor_Angel, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Japor_Angel

Japor_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    Hey all! I'm not so great a drawing at all. However, I am a graphic design (well, New Media Design) major and I love working with photoshop and other such programs. I don't have a lot of Star Wars art, but I do have a couple of things here. Usually, I save my work on a jump drive which, unfortunately, I don't have with me right now. However, I do have some pieces I can show you.

These were all created by photoshop:

Wallpaper:

Forbidden Love (800 x 600)

Icons:

Icons are fun little things to make and don't take long at all. I make them often when I'm bored.

Consumed by Darkness
    Queen Amidala

Cover Art:

I don't always make cover art for my stories. However, sometimes I just feel like it, so I do.

The Darkest Shadow

Other:

Juxtaposition (Anakin/Vader)

Non-SW work:

These are works for other fandoms, mainly Harry Potter, but I still get attached to them somewhat.

Shadows of Time - a banner for an unfinished HP story I wrote. It could be finished someday, but I don't know.
    Remember Cedric - an ode to Cedric Diggory, from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Pics from MuggleNet.
    The Madness Within - thanks to Mugglenet, again
    Only One Wins Eternal Glory - same credit as above.
    Natasha Bedingfield - I'm not a fan of hers, but I did this for a friend and I'm very much pleased with the way it turned out. I didn't even use photoshop, I used Microsoft PictureIt.
    Fallen and Failed - Not fan art. I tried to do some work with stock images. I'm okay with the pictures, but the text is not right.
    Only the Good Die Young - Cedric again
    TutorGirl - my favorite character, Haley, from my favorite TV show, One Tree Hill.
    Alexis Bledel - an old web layout for my site, Red Delicious
    Seconds from Sleep - an old banner I made for an old original fiction story I wrote

So that's all. I know I have, so far, so much more non-SW art than SW art, but that will change soon, I promise. This is just what I had available at the moment. I got almost all of my Star Wars pictures from Moons of Iego.

Currently, I am learning Flash, so hopefully I can, in the future, show some of my progress with that. I just recently switched my major, so I'm really a novice at all of this. I'm learning, though.

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Japor_Angel and welcome to Fan Art! I like your wallpapers very much--your graphics background shows up here very well, in the arrangement and composition of each of them. I myself prefer the "uncluttered" type of wallpapers, and these are definitely that--you also seem to have a knack for choosing images/quotes that evoke some strong emotions, and that's another thing I like about your work. These are all very nice--thanks for sharing them,and we'll be looking forward to seeing more! Again--welcome!

FF

3. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    A fellow graphic design major! Welcome! [:D]

Your work looks very nice; they show definite thought towards composition and overall design. Good job!

4. janiasolo

janiasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    I love it all! Is that Orlando Bloom in your cover art?

5. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Awesome stuff! Yeah, it looks sorta like Orly in that 1st coverart...

6. Japor_Angel

Japor_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    FalconFan: Thanks! I agree about having a tendency toward uncluttered works. Sometimes, less is more.

Darth_Snuggle: Thank you! I actually just changed my major a few weeks ago, so I'm pretty new to the field. Graphic design was my minor before, though.

janiasolo: Thank you! And yes, it is Orlando Bloom. It's supposed to be my OC in the story I'm writing; though I hadn't planned on him, the picture just fit the character.

Courtney_Solo: Thank you! Yes, it is.

I added a Vader/Anakin piece called Juxtaposition. I set out to make a composition (anything, didn't have to be SW) that portrayed conflict. I'm not sure if this succeeded or not, but I like this piece nonetheless.

7. Nefarious_21

Nefarious_21 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    Really great work you've got going Japor!
    My favorite is Remember Cedric- he was my fav in the book too.
    I like all the different digital mediums you're using- a nice variety to appeal to a lot more of us- good job Japor!

-NeF

"Comeing back for seconds.."

8. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Interesting! I suppose if you look at it in the sense of "good Anakin/evil Vader" it works with your theme - it's a nice composition regardless :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.