main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Jar Jar Binks - Force User Theory and the real Phantom Menace

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by X Wing, Mar 4, 2016.

1. The Maverick

The Maverick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2020
    Palpatine doesn't insult Jar Jar once during the whole trilogy

proof right there that Jar Jar is Plagueis the wise.

s_heffley likes this.
  2. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Isn't there a book or comic that has Palpatine thinking to himself about how much he hates meetings with Jar Jar? Not sure if it's canon or not but I saw it get mentioned on another thread.

This theory is a fun theory but I think it's probably just clutching at straws.

The interesting part of the theory is explaining Jar Jar's quick reflexes, and how apparently (I didn't think to check in my latest TPM rewatch, maybe it's covered in the video you posted @X Wing ?) Jar Jar's mouth can be seen moving silently when he's in scenes - almost as if he's controlling events. I don't think the theory is true, I think Best was just having some fun on Twitter, and Jar Jar really was a comedic relief character for kids that ended up backfiring, but it's a fun theory.

As an aside - is there any canon material on what happened to Jar Jar following ROTS? Did he have any role in the Empire?

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's not clear what happened in between, but by the time of ROTJ, the newcanon Aftermath book series has him as a street clown.

4. Lobey-One Kenobi

Nov 30, 2009
    Wait, the first one? I’ve literally just finished that book and I didn’t notice him.

5. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    It was in one of those interlude chapters. I don't think they actually mentioned his name but I can't remember.

BRE likes this.
  6. Lobey-One Kenobi

Nov 30, 2009
    Cool, I may go back over the interludes then because I definitely missed that one.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Not the first one - Empire's End, the third one.

BRE likes this.