main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Jar Jar Binks in the Sequel trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jonipoon, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Purple Ren

Purple Ren Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    I actually think Jar Jar in VIII could not only work, but Jar Jar could be redeemed. Here's how:
    - The resistance has to go to Naboo for some reason
    - Leia and other resistance officers meet with dignitaries of the Naboo and the Gungans (including Binks)
    - During the meeting, Padme is mentioned, along with the fact that Leia is her daughter
    - Leia expresses regret for not getting to know her mother, but that it's nice to visit her home world
    - After the meeting everyone disperses
    - And older, wiser Jar Jar walks over to Leia, who is sitting alone
    - "Meesa knew your mother. Meesa worked with her during The Clones Wars. Very sad what happened to her."
    - And then the line that redeems Jar Jar:
    - "Yousa remind me a lot of her. She would be proud of you."
    - Leia has tears in her eyes and Jar Jar hugs her.

If people don't like Jar Jar after that, they at least don't hate him.

2. jakeskywalker65

jakeskywalker65 Jedi Padawan

Dec 22, 2015

[​IMG]

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I am honestly shocked it hasn't been locked.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  4. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    You or someone mentioned that a while back and I've seen it 2-3 times and I specifically paid attention to that scene. Sadly, no gungan. Couple other weird looking aliens though.

5. Cedius

Cedius Jedi Padawan

Dec 14, 2015

You forgot to add the following. ***edited to fix your original post and added more scenes of what would probably happen in my own view***

6. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Maybe an ewok/gungan vs. standalone?
    [​IMG]

7. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    Haha! As awesome as that looks, as Jar Jar says, "no.. not really, no".

8. Lowly Gungan

Lowly Gungan Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 11, 2022
    Considering how The Rise of Skywalker turned out, leaving out Jar Jar was probably a good idea, and this is many decades after his time anyway. I would like Jar Jar to return, however, provided it were done well.

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    That's a win for Jar Jar by not being included in the ST.

Obironsolo likes this.
  10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Didnt JJ joke about jar jars skull on jakku and fans were like pahahaha yeah JJ you crap on those PT film! HIGH FIVE!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  11. UnlimitedSarcasm

UnlimitedSarcasm Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 31, 2021
    You remember correctly.
    "I have a thought about putting Jar Jar Binks's bones in the desert there. Only three people will notice, but they'll love it."
    And yes, I'm sure people were high-fiving that.

But I like what citronaughty said about redeeming Jar-Jar, that could have been cool. But instead we got ST tie-in books that have him be reviled, and leading sad, pathetic existence on Naboo as a clown figure kids make fun of. Because of course.

12. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Jar Jar deserves so much better than that. I actually want to see how he coped with being complicit in the rise of the Empire. Hopefully Andor or The Bad Batch isn't afraid to show him.

Fredrik Vallestrand and Darth PJ like this.
  13. Lowly Gungan

Aug 11, 2022
    It might not be a good idea, when your company has just bought one of the most successful film franchises ever to exist, to disrespect the favorite character of the original creator by killing him off off-screen as a joke.
    However, I don't know how we would be able to distinguish Jar Jar's bones from the bones of any other Gungan besides Boss Nass.

Well, better than what J. J. Abrams suggested. At least the tie-in for Empire's End: Aftermath was trying to do Jar Jar justice, since it had a hopeful ending—and also I got the impression they were more trying to make a commentary on the fandom rather than do injury to Jar Jar. That was better than Abrams can say.

I was rather disappointed he did not show up in Obi-wan Kenobi. I can't help but think that the best way to see how he coped would be to see him reunited with an old friend. Alternatively, he could pick up his story from Empire's End: Aftermath, and he and Mapo show up in The Mandalorian or something.

14. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Jar Jar Stinks will no be back - mesa won't be back to further stain the already bashed Disney.

15. Lowly Gungan

Aug 11, 2022
    Jar Jar might have saved Disney Star Wars if he were executed well (I doubt he would be, considering Luke Skywalker, but you never know).

16. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Rumours are that he'll appear in Andor...

17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I doubt Andor is the show for A character like Jar Jar.

18. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    Agreed, better to save Jar Jar's return for a more important project.

19. Lowly Gungan

Aug 11, 2022
    There were rumors he would appear in Obi-wan as well, where I think his appearance would be more significant. I think rumors just keep popping up about the return of Jar Jar everywhere—maybe because at this point the fans are becoming vocal that they want Jar Jar back.

20. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Even if you tone down Jar Jar's silliness, he still needs to feel like he fits in with the tone. I think he could fit in with Mando, Obi wan and boba fett because they aint afraid of more colorful characters

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  21. Lowly Gungan

Aug 11, 2022
    I think it would be very interesting to see him in The Mandalorian, especially if they're going with Jar Jar performing for children on Tatooine and having adopted a war refugee. Having an older, wisened version of Jar Jar might be interesting to see him meet Grogu and the Mandalorian.
    I might find Boba Fett a weirder place since it had a rather dark tone and there is no particular reason I can see for Jar Jar to be on Tatooine.

22. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Not for slapstick Jar Jar agreed... but we do know there are going to be senate scenes in Andor. Maybe the compromise is a name check?

23. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    There might be a reference to Jar Jar's proposal that paved the way for Palpatine's rise to ultimate power. Something like:

- ...goes all the way back to Representative Binks' proposal to grant Palpatine emergency powers.

- It goes further back than that. Binks was deceived like the rest of us; an expendable pawn in Palpatine's grand plan. The Separatists, the Clone Wars, the fall of the Jedi... These things didn't happen by accident. Never underestimate the Emperor. His influence goes deep and he always plans ahead. I fear the worst is yet to come.

Maybe? It would be nice to hear someone express sympathy for Jar Jar.

Darth PJ likes this.
  24. Lowly Gungan

Aug 11, 2022
    I'd be excited even to see Jar Jar as a cameo.

25. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    I don't see why Jar Jar is out of place in a series where a space dog pees on a droid with a goofy voice.