main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Jar Jar Binks in the Sequel trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jonipoon, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Do you guys think Jar Jar replaced Padme as the senator for Naboo. Maybe Palpatine made him a senator for his action that allowed Palpatine more power. Doubt we see him in Andor, but could be fun if he was a background character.

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well we kinda already know what happened to Jar Jar. He was banished by his people after the empire took over and is now a street entertainer for children on Naboo or Tatooine. I don't remember which one it is.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    But was he banished before or after the fall of the Empire's reign on the galaxy. I remember it is, Aftermath book.

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well he probably won't be promoted above street performer. that's him being shamed for his part. Palpatine likely won't go to him for anything.

Down the line maybe Jar Jar will get some kind of redemption if anyone is generally daring enough to give it a go. But thing with Jar Jar is the Meta Commentary in his being a street performer for kids is that George created Jar Jar for the kids, so you do have to be aware about how far you go with him when it comes to tone.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I like to think he was just recently banished around time of ANH when the senate gets desolved.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Jar Jar was very busy during ANH. But they gave him a great helmet.

[​IMG]

Lulu Mars and EHT like this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    What about his big fish ears, lol.:p

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That's why the helmet shape has all that space in the back.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  9. Lowly Gungan

Lowly Gungan Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 11, 2022
    I think he did, at least in Legends.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    They filmed a scene for ROTS where Palpatine personally thanked Jar Jar for his help. Is that in the novel or some other official adaptation? Otherwise, it's obviously not canon, but it does lend credibility to the idea that he'd make Jar Jar senator of Naboo. As does the fact that he knew the gungan was easily manipulated, of course.

11. UnlimitedSarcasm

UnlimitedSarcasm Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 31, 2021
    Except that Palpatine was xenophobic, and thus his Empire was as well. And aside from that, he had no use for Jar Jar anymore, he didn't have to manipulate him anymore, he got everything he wanted. And he didn't have to pretend to be patient to Jar Jar, any more.

So no doubt he would have found a human he could manipulate just as well to be the new Senator for Naboo, and go back to where things were with Gungans and humans on Naboo before Padme's reconciliation of them. Because again, Palpatine was a xenophobe. Which fits as he's ya know, evil.

12. dagenspear

dagenspear Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2015
    Palpatine is never developed to have any such feelings about anything like that, in the movies. I even saw a video one time of Lucas saying that there's no real discrimination, except against robots.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  13. UnlimitedSarcasm

Dec 31, 2021
    Well...this is up for debate about what is, and isn't canon anymore. In the OT we have the Empire which is based on Nazis in part, and that we know is fascistic and evil (that part is even in the opening crawl), an. We see only human white men as members of the Empire in the OT. While we see the galaxy is made up of a vast array of aliens, and we see aliens as part of the Rebel Alliance's command.

In the EU, and I believe nucanon, it's established that yes, the Empire was xenophobic. It's how/why they could then classify non-human species like Wookies as merely sentient and not sapient, and therefore treat them as less than human/being okay to enslave them. It's why Thrawn was so unusual as a member of the Empire's command structure and had to work so hard to be able to reach the rank of Grand Admiral, despite not being human. Because the Empire was xenophobic. Yes, there were exceptions, but that's it...exceptions.

Iron_lord and Watcherwithin like this.
  14. dagenspear

Sep 9, 2015
    That doesn't automatically equal that. I point to the video of Lucas saying that there's no real discrimination, except against robots. What you bring up is perception based on visuals, while, if so, the person who developed these things seems to suggest otherwise.

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe that applies only to the Republic era.

UnlimitedSarcasm likes this.
  16. UnlimitedSarcasm

Dec 31, 2021
    Exactly. I sincerely doubt that an evil Galactic Empire (which again, it's outright stated as such in the opening crawl of ANH) is a bastion of tolerance. When part of its being evil would instead be what we know it did to the Wookies, among others.

Otherwise Lucas was no doubt just trying to point out how effed up the discrimination of our planet was, which he's not wrong about it being messed up and evil. Which again, is exactly what a Sith Lord led Galactic Empire would be.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    In the Revenge of the Sith novelisation Dooku’s thoughts are narrated before Obi-Wan and Anakin arrive, indicating that yes, for Dooku at least, the future Empire under Palpatine would be xenophobic.

He mentions it being no coincidence that the Separatists leaders were non-human and that when they were wiped out the Empire would be human-centric. He just doesn’t realise that Sidious had similar plans for Dooku himself. Dooku and the Separatists are a convenient scapegoat within Empire propaganda, their death and Palpatine taking over are done in the name of “peace”.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    Watcherwithin and Iron_lord like this.
  18. dagenspear

Sep 9, 2015
    It may, but it also may not.
    Tolerance? Probably not. Xenophobia? I also think not.

I personally prefer Palpatine and the empire are pursuit for power in their evil, not some silly xenophobia that the movies have never once developed. If that was really something important to them, I think any of the Lucas movies would've developed it, but it never did really.

This doesn't mean it wasn't a consequence of the empire and something Palpatine used for his own ends. I just don't think it's anything Palpatine or the empire collective personally cares about pursuing.
    That seems so random and not at all developed with the character of Dooku in anything I've seen on screen.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  19. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Jar Jar should have played the mentor role that dies in the sequels