main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC Banner Makers Thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by FlamingSword, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    i believe you can thank flamingsword for that, g-s. ;)

2. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    Holy cow! My site is on that tutorial posted by Starfire!

Dude, your site is like the place to look for high-res Ep II pictures. There's no way it wouldn't be on there :p

3. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Well I am flattered. Perhaps I should go forward with an Ep1 and an OT version as well. And I still have a ton of Ep2 stuff I never put up on the site.

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/grandeur.jpg]

"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

4. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Perhaps I should go forward with an Ep1 and an OT version as well. And I still have a ton of Ep2 stuff I never put up on the site.

That's a great idea! :D I hope that you'll get it done someday.

5. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    Grilled-Sarlacc -- will you father my children?

That would be AWESOME, though there would probably be a lot of work involved. If there's anything I, or any of the other bums here, can do to help, please let us know!

I can't wait for the day that the OT comes out on DVD...

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    i have an insanely extensive collection of tpm and aotc pics that i wanted to put up on my site, but i don't have nearly enough space allotted to me. what host do you use g-s?

7. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

Ooooh.... yes please GS! :D

8. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    We love you, GS, and we'd love you even more! [face_love] ;)

yodahs-daddy, just start by making a main banner and then work your way towards the rest of the components. Practice does help!

CHINA, beautiful banner! But I really want to know how you made the lines curve like that. I had so much trouble with the YJCC one I ended up covering it with faces.

Grimby, I have no clue if StarFire got that link from me. Not that it matters. :p

9. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    But I really want to know how you made the lines curve like that. I had so much trouble with the YJCC one I ended up covering it with faces.

I usually make all the banner parts (front-back-sidebar-sidecurve) all together in one great image. After this, I cut all the white parts around the whole banner so that I can put a line around (contour) them. So, the whole banner gets a line and only the outside of the sidecurve is lined. After this, I cut the banner into front-back-sidebar... :)

I was bored and decided to make an CT forum banner. I don't like the current banner with all those characters that much, so I made a banner with no characters at all, just some battle scenes. :)

Here it is. :)

I also made a version with some little texture. If you're interested, I can upload it! :)

10. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    Im in the mood to make a banner, is there any section of the JC that will be needing a new one soon? OT perhaps?

11. FlamingSword

Jun 4, 2001
    Very nice, CHINA!!! The only thing I'd change is to blend the two images on either side of the imperial logo behind the logo.

winter_chili, I dunno. Just make something and maybe there'll be a contest. If not, it's good practice and fun. :)

12. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    OK. I don?t want to whine about this, otherwise I?d have asked for it much earlier, but some people insisted that I should ask it, regarding the current CT banner contest.

Is there a difference between banner contests? I mean, all the other winners that I am aware of got the usual VIP colours & title (just like the latest TPM contest, won by Slavegirl), but I, as winner of the 3NSA contest not. I thought it was because the 3NSA contest didn?t mention the fact that the winner would gain the status, just like the current CT banner contest does, so I didn't ask for it. But then again, is there a rule regarding this?

Why do some banner contest winners get a title and the other stuff and others not?

I don?t really care about colours, titles (even if they look nice :p), but some people who are working on a banner for the CT forum asked me if they could win a VIP status with it or not, since it hasn?t been mentioned in that thread (just like the 3NSA contest for me).

So, I?d appreciate some confirmation about this issue. :)

13. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I plan on giving VIP status for the CT contest, and I thought that was the norm, which is why I didn't mention it in the announcement. I can edit that in if you think it will clarify the situation.

I'm not sure why VIP status wasn't awarded for the NSA contest. Try PMing Windy or stinky about it.

14. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Heya everyone,

Finally got enough motivation awhile back to finish the Oregon FanForce banner, and was wondering what you all think:

Oregon FanForce Boards

It's kind of a continuing WIP, as you can see that it's not all that great. Just looking for some good criticism.

And uh, it was uploaded more than a week ago, and like some people have posted in here, I thought I would atleast get a little VIP title thingy saying I had made it, and PMed our Regional Rep (Mara_Jade_Fan) her a little longer than a week ago about it. So far she hasn't replied to the PM, and I still don't have a title. Is this because it wasn't a contest so there's no need for VIPness or is something wrong???

Thanks for your criticism and help in advance!

-Cheers and blessed be!

15. FlamingSword

Jun 4, 2001
    _Vengeance_, very nice banner. I like the way the text turned out. It's not the clearest around oregon, but it has a very nice feel. :)

As far as I know, no one has gotten VIPship for banners without contests or FanForce banners. But PM the RSA or whoever would know again.

16. Sock_Of_Mildew

Sock_Of_Mildew Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2003
    Click...

....this is giving away the anonymity of my sockdom to F-S....not that it matters

:)

17. FlamingSword

Jun 4, 2001
    Very nice, Mr. Sock. :)

Everything seems to flow and fit together. The images are clear and crisp and seem to fit.

The only thing is on your sidebar, Obi-Wan's head gets chopped off. And the difference between the blck of the background and foreground is slightly off so you can lightly see a line if you look really really hard. Which most people will never do.

nice banner :)

18. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    all of you guys have great banners :D

19. GabeC

GabeC Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 28, 2000
  20. TyranusRex

TyranusRex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002

3SA design, based on my recent Classic forum entry:

3SA

21. Dreaded_Swashbuckler

Dreaded_Swashbuckler Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2003
    Me thinks you banner-makers be interested in this here poster/graphics competition:

Sink anchor here!

:D

(Aye, not banner-related, but similar, mates!)

22. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Grilled, it would be supa sweet if you got some OT images on your site. :D

Well I decided to give banner making a go. See? It's not actually made for any board, it's just my first work and I thought I'd give a hoth theme a shot since the images were already on my computer.

23. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

Very impressive for a first timer C-3PX! You should keep that in preperations for this years banner Holiday banner contest! :D

24. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
  25. FlamingSword

Jun 4, 2001
    Wow, very nice banner! I love the orange death star!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.