main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC jch36's SW Minis Adventure in GenCon

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    jch36 will be going to GenCon to rock them with his impressively mad skills at SW Minis and his army of Yuuzhan Vong warriors.

What is going to be interesting is that anyone with Force Users will not be able to use Force powers on Jonathan's Vong.

So . . . let's all root for Jonathan!!! [face_dancing]

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Very cool! Go get 'em, Jonathan! :D

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hmmm, well at least I know how to beat him now ;)

4. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    hahahhaah... [face_devil]

why thank you jada for letting everyone know about my upcoming adventure this thursday... but i'm afraid you guys might be over estimating my abilities. :p

i'll sport my charlotte ff tshirt while i'm there. [face_devil]

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Take pics!!

We believe the Force will be with you. ;)

6. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    *shakes head* i'm outside the force (whiny luke voice) :p

nahh... but thanks... i hope so and yeah i'll definately be taking some pics.

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    D'oh! I forgot my SW genres! :p

Have a great time! :D

8. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    So Jonathan, how did things go? How about a recap and maybe some photos? Please? ;)

9. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    alright, will do. when i get home this afternoon i'll upload some of the pics. :)

10. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    Well there were 74 people for the Jedi Masters Event, which is technically the star wars miniature championship. The event was held on saturday starting at 10am and we would have to play 7 rounds to narrow it down to the top 8 that would play on sunday. So that is a minimum of 7 hours of minis. hahahaha... not counting breaks and lunch. (we ended up playing till 8pm). My favorite faction is Yuuzhan Vong, and I was determined to only run a YV faction at the main event... even though they are not considered to have any top tier squads as of yet. I was going to see if I can compete against the best with them.

The matches are preranked (top players on table 1 and so on) hahahah... I started my first match on table 35. Well my first three matches went great. After three games and about 4 hours I was 3-0 and made it as high as table 3. I was at this point in the top 6. This is where things started to take a turn for the worse. I was running a nom bomb variant you can see my squad here I was playing a Boba Fett Bounty Hunter (considered the best unique in the game right now) and if he rolls a natural 20 your character is disintigrated. yep. Well naturally he was able to find a line of sight to my full hit point, never even shot at, aurra sing and... you guessed it... rolled a 20. hahahaha... well that's pretty much the end of the game right there. Taking out my best piece in one shot ends games usually. My next match was on a table 4 (still top 8 at this point) I was still reeling from getting beat like that, I played horrible. I never once rolled intiative and won. It was still a close game, a game I should have won. But that's how it works. Well I was at 3-2 at this point, if I won my next two games I could still make it into the top 8. Well, once again I was paired against a team running a Boba BH. I was more careful this time, he wasn't able to do too much damage and it was a close match. A very close match. I had to take a risk towards the end of the game. His Han Solo was only down to 20 hitpoints so on my last turn I moved Aurra out to shoot him. I hit him, but he had evade... so of course he saved it. Now it's time for initiative. If I get it, he'll be out for sure... if not, Aurra's at full hitpoints and can withstand a few attacks. Win/Win right? hahah wrong. I lost initiative and on his first move he uses Boba and attacks Aurra. We know what happens. Yep, he rolls a 20. Disintigration. Game over. Terrible. At this point I had been playing for 10 hours and still had a match left. I had lost two games by disintigration (statistically that is pretty tough to do) so I decided to drop the last game. Basically taking a loss. I was fine with that. I had played tough, and had won 3 games. Even though I technically lossed my last game I still ended up 31st place. A far cry from the top 8. hahahahha... but I was happy. Played against the games best. And plus, theres' always next year. ;) [face_devil]

pics.

Battle of Hoth
    [image=http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/jhc36/P1010300.jpg]

My buddy Nate
    [image=http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/jhc36/P1010331.jpg]

the group
    [image=http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/jhc36/P1010336.jpg]

The championship match
    [image=http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/jhc36/P1010337.jpg]

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You still did us proud! We're glad you were there and hopefully someday you'll come and kick our butts at minis. :p

12. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    hahahaha... you guys should show up at underground games on the 2nd or 4th saturdays of the month. the 2nd saturday's are fun events where the 4th is a $5 three round tournament that is used to open boosters. Rebel Base comics has also started hosting tourneys. They are held on the third saturday of the month, cost is the same $5 and is used to buy boosters. It's a much smaller group at Rebel Base but both are DCI rated and alot of fun. I think this saturday is a 200pt match at Underground games. starts at 1pm.

13. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Sounds like fun. I tried to get Amanda into it but it didn't work. Even bought a couple of packs a couple of years ago. Wound up just displaying them for a bit...still need to unbox them now that we're in Charlotte.

14. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Great job Jonathan. At least you won some games and did not get totally blown out. And like you said, there is always next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.