main
side
curve

Jedi: Aayla Secura - Heatstorm (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "but there wasn't any gerat romance with those people..."

How do you know there was no great romance with those people? who are you to decide if they had great romance or not? That's up for them to decide, not you, ;).

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Well, for Ki-Adi-Mundi, that was more of a genetics thing. He wasn't so much of a husband as he was a stud ;)

And we've had no real info on Solusar and Halcyon's lives, so we don't really know what happened with them. :p

3. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    According to Prelude to Rebellion, Ki Adi Mundi was more than just being a stud, and had romance with his wives, IIRC.

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    [blockquote]
    [b][blockquote][hr]And we've had no real info on Solusar and Halcyon's lives, so we don't really know what happened with them. [face_silly][/b][hr][/blockquote]Here's hoping that we get some more on these, particularly Halcyon's early days...[i]Elusion Illusion[/i] was a very good beginning, and having the details of his final death told in an actual story-story-type-story is one of those on my "wish-list" for down the road.>

5. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    based upon Qui-Gon's affectionate attitude towards Shmi Skywalker

Are there some deleted scenes I haven't seen? ?[face_plain]

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    for the most part, we know little about the types of relationships that other married jedi have had... whether they were filled with wild romance or just lifelong companionship or arranged breeding arrangements, we have yet to see...

so while i can't really claim that there was no romance between Ki-adi-Mundi and his wives (which there appears to have been some level) or the Halcyons, i don't think there is a huge claim to any other style of relationship for any of them, simply because they haven't been well documented, unlike forbidden love between Anakin and Padme.

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Even if the Dark Woman's name is revealed, is it really a big deal. After all, how surprising can it really be to be told a name?

Unless there's more than meets the eye . . .

In any case, it will be a long time till the 4th Clone Wars TPB debuts. If the second came out around three months after the first, Defence of Kamino, it could be another half year . . .

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>After Defence of Naboo, the third TPB would be Battle of Jabiim. The four issues there would pretty much fill up a standard sized TPB. <<

Actually, the third TPB will have 5 issues- all four of Jabiim + #59: Enemy Lines.

Anywyas, I'm on vacation down in florida, so I won't be picking this up till i get home next week (and it better be in my reservist box when i get there or heads will fly!!) so no summary from me this time.

I'll just have to wait to see what happens with Aayla and Kit "Smooch Stalker" Fisto... ;;D

9. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    Folks

I've SEEN the completed copy of AAYLA so i know it exists. I got an advance copy but I know it's printed so it should be in shops soon. I think you'll be pleased but I know you'll tell me if you are or not.<g>

Obi-John

10. Myaha

Myaha Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    oh.. why can't it be Monday already?! :D

11. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    gonna go by the sacred store this afternoon...

12. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    oh.. why can't it be Monday already?!

Don't comics come out on Wednesdays...? (they do at the stores I usually buy from)

13. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    they come out on wednesdays here.. perhaps mondays in some other part of the world, like Myaha's germany.

14. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Thursday for the UK. All I can do presently is read all about the missing Marvel artist who appears to have quit drawing SIlver Surfer for......fanfic :)

15. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Picked mine up today :D Just flipped through it, but the art (as usual) is great :D

16. clonewarseu

clonewarseu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    >>>Folks

I've SEEN the completed copy of AAYLA so i know it exists. I got an advance copy but I know it's printed so it should be in shops soon. I think you'll be pleased but I know you'll tell me if you are or not.<g>

Obi-John <<<

In a word. Awesome!!!

The Aayla/Aurra fight was so emotionally charged, it was incredible. You made the Tales story with Aayla and Kit seem beleivable instead of cheesy. Even the way the Dark Woman's name was revealed added a lot to the story.

My favourite part of the comic is pages 34 and 35. The part where Aayla says that she is what Aurra could have been and Sing just flies off the handle. The look in her eyes when she says, "THERE IS NO ONE LIKE ME IN THE GALAXY!" is scarry. This may be yours and Jan's best comic yet.

I loved it! Now I really can't wait for the Dooku one.

17. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    The comic takes place 27 weeks after AotC, so that places it at 6 months and 3 weeks (assuming each month has 4 weeks). That means it takes place 3 weeks after "Double Blind".

18. Myaha

Myaha Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    jawajames is right... here in Munich we get our Diamonds pack each Monday 4pm (or so)...

19. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I got the comic today. Good story. Well written and actually drawn decent too. Nice coloring as usual.

20. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Could someone graciously post a synopsis, please?

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    What's the Dark Women's name?

22. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Would this thread need a spoiler tag, then?

23. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    In light of the lack of a (should-be-implied) spoiler warning, I'll leave some space for the tid-bits I feel like sharing...
    There's more in the area of Tholme and T'ra Saa's "relationship", and she states that she's a Neti.

The Dark Woman's name starts with, guess what, an A! That's right, another "Grade-A" female Jedi! In fact, all of the "Grade-A's" listed in the hypothetical scenario above show up in the issue (Oh! Except Asajj, sorry.).

And the Kit/Aayla scenes give a bit more fuel for the afore-mentioned debate.

Aurra tries to cut a deal in the end and reveals that "bounty hunters are being hired to kill Jedi". Well no duh!

24. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    The Seperatists must be spending a pretty penny to get that many Bounty Hunters after the Jedi.

25. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I forget how much i dislike Aura Sing until i see her. Maybe the character wouldn't be so bad if she looked different. Visually i can't stand her (though there were a few times this issue where she looked kinda cool). Its some mix of the reds and whites and ponytail and outfit that i just don't dig.

Otherwise i thought it was a great issue. Tholme and Aayla are great, any issue that includes them can't be too bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.