main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi: Aayla Secura - Heatstorm (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Like the "Th" an "THE". The H is sounded.

OK. Thanxalot :)

2. Frank Slade

Frank Slade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1998
    In what story does Aurra show up on Tattooine?

3. Myaha

Myaha Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    off-topic:
    hm? Aurra on Tatooine is during The New Droid Army storyline... I thought The New Droid Army is taking place shortly after Geonosis and the CIS attack on Serapin... the Battlegrounds Clone Wars campaign is parallel to the energy breakdown on Coruscant... or not? am I talking nonsense? ... ...help...

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    10 months after AOTC according to the clone wars timeline, IIRC.

5. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    off topic: and the power breakdown on Coruscant? the CIS attacked Serapin shortly after Geonosis and 10 month later? that's rude *g*

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Serapin makes batteries, and power cores, they don't emit mysterious energy waves across time and hyperspace to power the various planets, ;).

It took 10 months perhaps for the batteries and power cores already being used to run out of juice, with no replacements.

That is if the two things are connected at all.

7. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    hm... okay, makes sense to me
    thx and go on teasing other people, pateessa ;)

8. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    I just can't bring myself to read this issue. It's kjust so...boring. The first hjalf tof the comic has no action whatsoever. Just a bunch of chracters standing around and talking.

And you can make that work in comnics if you have interesting visuals. Unfortunately, this comic doesn't have anything interesting. No Cool action scenes. No great scenery. It's all pretty generic.

Pales in comparison to Shaak Tii, Windu, and some of the work he's done for Republic.
    And as a stand alone it really doesn't stand on its own either.

9. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    This comic looks pretty good. Unfortunently, most of the comic places in VT don't get them in for like another month. They just got Republic 55 in stores now, along with Jedi: Shaak Ti.

10. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I just read Jedi Aayla Secura, it was pretty good not as good as Jedi Mace Windu which is the best so far IMO. The appearance of the Jedi called The Dark Woman was coolest part of this issue of Star Wars Jedi :)

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    You know it doesn't make much sense why Aurra's Mother would have the same kind of implant in her head, if the only reason that Aurra had one was because she was enslaved by pirates. Before she was enslaved she had a full head of hair(aurra's song), and the pirates gave her the implant.

12. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Val: Is there any official information on whether or not the attack on Sarapin in CC has anything to do with the raid on Coruscant in TNDA?

TC

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I have no idea, I was speculating.

14. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Why does she have the implant in her head in the first place? What does it do? (I'm not too familiar with this character in the first place)

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    It enhances her senses. Also allows her to sense emotions, like fear.

Oh, when I said pirates in an earlier post giving her the implant I was talking about the Anzati, not the earlier pirates that first enslaved her.

16. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    Valiento: I know that it doesn't make much sense (yet)... but in Emissaries to Malastare we all saw the implants on Aurra's mother *shrug*

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Probably a visual snafu, based on artist thinking that the antenna was a natural species genetic trait. Of course Aurra's Song shows that it was the Anzati that installed the implants in Aurra right after they picked her up, there were some other Anzati's with the same implants in the story.

Of course if the EU wants to write a retcon as to why her mother has a implant instead of it merely being a possible artistic license snafu, so be it. It could make for an interesting story. In anycase I agree with you her mother has one for some odd reason, and hopefully that someday will be explained.

18. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    yes, I hope that, too :D

19. Shadeleader

Shadeleader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 25, 2003
    looks like the aayla-kit lip-lock was not as au as some would think. there's some definite tensions between the two.

20. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    I never wanted to consider that to be an AU, personally. I liked that story in Tales a lot. :) I even had an idea for a clone-wars fanfic with the two of them, just so I could play it up and stuff. ;)

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    The original tales comic may be infinities non-canon, that doesn't mean the idea was. It surely can be adapted, and refrenced.

22. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    and when one of the Tales comics is referenced in a canon source... won't it be canon, too?

23. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    I think the specific REFERENCE is canon, but the original comic itself is not.

For example, SW Gamer referenced the Tales story about Boba Fett having a wife and child.
    So what's canon now? The fact that Boba Fett has a wife and child. Everything else (the precise sequence of events, the dialogue, etc) is up for conjecture.

24. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "I think the specific REFERENCE is canon, but the original comic itself is not."

Yes, this is how it works. Great explanation as well. I'll have to remember it if you don't mind, :).

As for your example;

Most of the Sintas info in the Gamer Article, covered early years of their marriage, and having the child, it didn't touch much on the story covered in tales, IIRC. I'd have to check though to see how much was adapted.

You want to talk about crazy, there are two versions of extinction, with two very different sets of diologue. I prefer the original dialogue over the TPB dialogue. While the story has been refrenced in sources such as NEGTC, both versions remain infinities non-canon. So an event like the two versions of the event occured, but not necessarilly like how it was shown in either source.

Personally though for my own personal continuity(note I'd would not presume to make my own personal canon, as canon is only up to LFL). I think both sets of dialogue can be combined to form the most complete and detailed version of the story, and their conversation, but that's just me.

25. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    You want to talk about crazy, there are two versions of extinction, with two very different sets of diologue. I prefer the original dialogue over the TPB dialogue.

...huh? ?[face_plain] I had no idea they were different. I only own the original comic - since I was getting each issue of Tales individually, I saw no reason to buy the TPBs.
    How does it differ? Is it like.. drastic discrepancies, to the point that someone wouldn't be able to reconcile the dialogue together?
    Also, have they altered the dialogue in any other stories? If so, why? If not, why'd they do it in 'Extinction'?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.