main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Jedi Adept: Greater Than the Sum of Their Parts *** Complete *** THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Leia releases her, and shakes her head slightly. ?No, nothing is wrong. It?s just that you two could be sisters.?

That made me wince, just knowing the problems the future holds. [face_worried] Well, that and all the problems with Jacen.

Superb post.

2. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    I really hope Tahiri figures it out for her and Noelani's sakes something soon. By the way, I just read the prequel vig . . . kind of clears up some of my earlier questions about Luke's motivations and everything.

Jacen deserves to die, and for once I think Tahiri oughta do it instead of Luke. [face_devil]

Superb post. I apologize for not having replied in a while.[face_blush] But rest assured that I am still reading.

3. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    G__Anakin
    :) You're being mean to Jacen!! He deserves it!
    [face_laugh]i'm not being mean to Jacen...i just have to tell it like it is...

Great Chapter:)
    thanks!!

CassaSoloDaughterOfA
    I think i'll respond with a qoute::D

"Jacen must die, Jacen needs to get shot....after he gives Tenel Ka a goodbye kiss."
    Great update! LOL, Funny how they get mistaken for sisters when they're really mother and daughter.

heh and yes....it is funny that they get mistaken for sisters...

Jade_eyes
    Ooh, whee, baby!!! Han tells it like it tiz!!!!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    that's what Han's for!

And bravo for Leia too!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
    Yup, I'm stoked. :D

aye! Bravo for Leia....

I just hope it isn't too late. [face_worried]
    for Jacen?? that's up to canon...

Maggy
    very noticeable what nonsense little farmboy did
    aye....something like that would put a little tension between Mara an Luke...

go Han :p :D
    [face_dancing]

*shrugs* must be really hard for Han to see Luke do nothing on that matter
    as hard as it is for him to see what Jacen is becoming and know there's nothing that he can do about it...

I wouldn?t be so sure about that
    well we readers get the benefit of Jaina's POV so....

w00t :D
    :cool::D

a tiny bit wrong :p
    aye...and if the two of them hadn't just had THAT particular interview with Luke, they might've pushed harder...but lies like that tend to take a life of their own. The more folks are told that she's a Darklighter the more believe it...

[face_laugh] perfect =D= trust Han :p
    what did Luke once tell one of the Solo boys: "Whenever I need to make a deicision on something to do, I think what your father might do in that situation." or something like that...

and sarcastic he is too
    :D that's Han!

she things on shoes? *lol*
    Noelani wears shoes....

Very funny chapter :D
    thanks!

Like Han how he gets upset and sarcastic
    He is really great :cool:

aye! Han is great!

Healer_Leona
    That made me wince, just knowing the problems the future holds. [face_worried] Well, that and all the problems with Jacen.
    aye....there's probably going to be some problems in the future...:)

Superb post.
    thanks!!

rebel_cheese
    I really hope Tahiri figures it out for her and Noelani's sakes something soon. By the way, I just read the prequel vig . . . kind of clears up some of my earlier questions about Luke's motivations and everything.
    aye...I hope Tahiri figures it out for both their sakes...but I'm not promising anything...[face_mischief]...and that viggie isn't necessarily a prequel as in it, Han, Leia an Mara know about the pregnancy...i've just rehashed the setup and the character's name from there....

Jacen deserves to die, and for once I think Tahiri oughta do it instead of Luke. [face_devil]
    [face_laugh]aye...Jacen deserves to be smacked down...but unfortunately this story is canon-compliant....

Superb post. I apologize for not having replied in a while.[face_blush] But rest assured that I am still reading.
    Thanks! and that's okay, I understand about NaNoWriMo....

4. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    Break the news man
    Tahiri deserves to know shes training her daughter
    and work in Anakin, ghost or return

5. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Sorry it's taken so long to reply....

NaNo has me by the pants...since I'll be computerless the entire weekend of Thanksgiving....LOL...

Well anyway...

That was great...I wonder if Leia with her usual knack of being nosy will figure it out...[face_thinking]

and Jacen is such a pain...but it's fun to read about him being a pain...:D

Great Job...=D=

FL @};-

6. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    so she met her grandparents?

7. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    darth_dragon666
    Break the news man
    Tahiri deserves to know shes training her daughter

we'll see..

and work in Anakin, ghost or return
    [face_laugh]sorry.....the outlook is dim....

Flowerlady
    Sorry it's taken so long to reply....
    'tis okay...

NaNo has me by the pants...since I'll be computerless the entire weekend of Thanksgiving....LOL...
    i can understand *looks at his own meager 10k words for NaNo...*

Well anyway...
    That was great...I wonder if Leia with her usual knack of being nosy will figure it out...[face_thinking]
    we'll see....

and Jacen is such a pain...but it's fun to read about him being a pain...:D
    [face_laugh] what's interesting is Jacen doesn't actually APPEAR in this scene yet everyone is talking about him...

Great Job...=D=
    Thanks!!

Alishu06
    so she met her grandparents?
    yes she did...

8. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Chapter Six

Luke stands at the front of the room, leaning against the large desk set off to the side of the stage. He watches as the three pairs of people enter the room: Han and Leia; Tahiri and Noelani; and finally Zekk and Jaina.

As they settle into seats on the front row, he gives them a small smile. ?I have some missions for you.?

Han speaks up. ?Does it involve us bringing Jacen back in line??

Luke sighs. ?We?ve had that discussion. Han, Leia, I need you to go back to Corellia and judge the fallout from Thrackan?s assassination. Find out if they?re more willing to fall in line now that he?s dead.?

He glances towards Jaina and Zekk. ?Jaina, Zekk, I want you two to sneak into Corellia and support Han and Leia.?

As he receives nods from the two of them, he turns towards Tahiri and Noelani. ?And finally, I need you two to go visit Lorrd. There was a Jedi assigned there, named Nelani Dinn. I want you two to find out what happened to her.?

He smiles as he gets affirmatives from both of the blondes, even as he wonders at the wisdom of allowing this apprenticeship to continue.

?Are there any questions? Good. You?ll find the usual data packets on your terminals, as well as an allowed supply list. May the Force be with you.?

------------------------------------------

Tahiri and Noelani walk out of the meeting room, the younger girl nearly bouncing with her every step. She grins up at Tahiri.

?Aren?t you excited? We?re going on a mission!?

Tahiri chuckles slightly. ?You?ll get used to it soon enough.?

They continue the rest of the way to their quarters in silence. Upon arriving, Tahiri quickly throws together a travel bag, and then pulls up the data packet for the mission. Reading over the parameters, where they should start.

Her eyes widen slightly as she reads just who it was that the Jedi was last seen with, and wonders how this applies to Han?s outburst about Jacen during the briefing.

A thud attracts her attention, and she turns to see Noelani standing over two large bags, stuffed to overflowing. Tahiri lifts her eyebrow slightly. ?That?s a lot of stuff.?

Noelani bobs her head. ?But I need it all. I?ve got dinner wear, clothes for the forest, and clothes for the beach, and then hair supplies.?

Tahiri suppresses a chuckle, and shakes her head. ?Nope. You get one bag,? Tahiri points to her bag. ?That sized. Just take Jedi outfits.?

Noelani sighs, and drags the bags back to her room, grumbling slightly under her breath.

As soon as the girl returns to her room, Tahiri laughs, and looks back at the datapad, picking up her reading from where she left off. Her eyes widen again, as she comes across the final instruction.

That she is not to question, or inform, Jacen Solo about this mission.

Frowning, Tahiri turns on her terminal, and flips through to her files of holostills. She finds the appropriate one, and opens it. The image flickers into life, showing her and her friends all together on Yavin. Herself, Anakin, Jaina, Jacen, Zekk, Tenel Ka, Rayner, Lusa, Numa and Alema. A group pile of shining happy faces.

What?s happened to us? We were so happy. So innocent.

Noelani?s voice interrupts her thoughts. ?I?m ready, Master.?

Tahiri waves the image away, and pockets the datapad, standing up to find the girl standing with her travel bag slung over her shoulder, a slight pout on her lips.

Tahiri bends down and picks up her own travel bag, and starts walking towards the door. Before long, they?re boarding the registered transport which will take them to Lorrd.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jacen sits in his office on Coruscant, his eyes flickering between the seven flatscreen displays, each displaying a different newsfeed. His mind is flying, trying to work out what act of terrorism the Corellians will attempt next.

His terminal pings. And lifting an eyebrow he turns to it, seeing the message from an anonymous source on Ossus. He opens the file, and spits out a curse. He quickly deletes the file, and all

9. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    Darnit Jacen!!! Putting your sister-in-law and neice in danger. I have got to wonder what would happen if he knew.

10. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :mad: :mad:
    :mad: Jacen

He always gets in the way!

Great Chapter[face_dancing]

11. DarthSanctimonious

DarthSanctimonious Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2006
    Hehe. Nobody in this chapter seems to want to do their own work. :D

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Tahiri and Noelani walk out of the meeting room, the younger girl nearly bouncing with her every step. She grins up at Tahiri.

?Aren?t you excited? We?re going on a mission!?

Tahiri chuckles slightly. ?You?ll get used to it soon enough.?

LOL True enough, but nice that she enjoys it now.

The comlink goes dead, and he stares at it for a moment longer. ?Force forgive me. I?m sorry it came to this Tahiri.?

Hard to believe it if he goes on with the order.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantabulous update. =D= =D=

Makes me LONG for two updates a week, though. [face_laugh] :)
    'Cause the action's really gonna heat up now! :)

14. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Puts on worried face for Tahiri and Noelani. They'll have to deal with the Vong. But Tahiri will problably switch into Riina mode. Then Noelani will really see what shaping she went through.

Too funny though that the kid wanted to bring an outfit for all occassions. That's a girl thing for sure.

I can't wait for Tahiri to finally find out, though I'm sure that's not for a while yet.

Wonderful update.

15. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    CassaSoloDaughterOfA
    Darnit Jacen!!! Putting your sister-in-law and neice in danger. I have got to wonder what would happen if he knew.
    truthfully...i don't think he'd care...

G__Anakin
    :mad: Jacen

a lotta 'angry' there....

He always gets in the way!
    well he's the bad guy...of course he does...[face_laugh]

Great Chapter[face_dancing]
    thanks!!

DarthSanctimonious
    Hehe. Nobody in this chapter seems to want to do their own work. :D
    well Tahiri does!

Healer_Leona
    LOL True enough, but nice that she enjoys it now.
    that she does...

Hard to believe it if he goes on with the order.
    Jacen tends to beleive things in and of himself, which are not supported by his actions...

Jade_eyes
    Fantabulous update. =D= =D=
    Thanks!

Makes me LONG for two updates a week, though. [face_laugh] :)
    'Cause the action's really gonna heat up now! :)

the only problem with twice weekly updates is that would make the story get posted way to soon...and I wanted enough time after Tempest so that I can read it, and craft another Tahiri story to fit into the empty spots...

Lola64
    Puts on worried face for Tahiri and Noelani. They'll have to deal with the Vong. But Tahiri will problably switch into Riina mode. Then Noelani will really see what shaping she went through.
    heh...we'll get to see what happens...

Too funny though that the kid wanted to bring an outfit for all occassions. That's a girl thing for sure.
    heh....i'd hoped it would come over well...

I can't wait for Tahiri to finally find out, though I'm sure that's not for a while yet.
    [face_whistling]

Wonderful update.

Thanks!!

16. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    ohno! i hope tahiri and her daughter will be okay!

17. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    ?It will be done.? shudders. It will be done?

seriously, in the canon why is it that no one bats an eye when Nelani went missing?
    You'd think that maybe Luke might care, but noooo.

Ulya? as in Ulyana?

18. voxynking

voxynking Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    Wow. Loving the plot to this. Did I read right or was Ulya (did I spell it right) try or did use the force. hmmm.[face_thinking] please add me to the PM list. Looking forward to the next post. Hopefully Mara will do the smart and right thing and tell people of Luke's stupid mistake.

19. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Alishu06
    ohno! i hope tahiri and her daughter will be okay!
    we'll have to see!

DARTH_MU
    ?It will be done.? shudders. It will be done?
    o_O aye...it will be done...

seriously, in the canon why is it that no one bats an eye when Nelani went missing?
    You'd think that maybe Luke might care, but noooo.

because someone dropped a ball or two dozen....

Ulya? as in Ulyana?
    Ulya as in Ulya....

voxynking
    Wow. Loving the plot to this. Did I read right or was Ulya (did I spell it right) try or did use the force.
    you read that right!

hmmm.[face_thinking] please add me to the PM list. Looking forward to the next post. Hopefully Mara will do the smart and right thing and tell people of Luke's stupid mistake.
    I'll be happy to add you to the PM list...and the next post will be on Saturday! As for Mara? Who knows. There's a couple of things working against her here....1) she promised not to tell and 2) it would be emotionally damaging to both girls to know.

Right or wrong, she has to take such things into consideration. Plus there's the whole Jacen-thing going on in canon which has her distracted...

20. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    *walks finally in*

Chapter Six

Han speaks up. ?Does it involve us bringing Jacen back in line??

he comes right to the point :p

Luke sighs. ?We?ve had that discussion. Han, Leia, I need you to go back to Corellia and judge the fallout from Thrackan?s assassination. Find out if they?re more willing to fall in line now that he?s dead.?

wa! Did I miss something? :confused: [face_thinking] :confused:

As he receives nods from the two of them, he turns towards Tahiri and Noelani. ?And finally, I need you two to go visit Lorrd. There was a Jedi assigned there, named Nelani Dinn. I want you two to find out what happened to her.?

Han?s idea sounds not so bad after all ? it would involve 2 points out of three

?Are there any questions? Good. You?ll find the usual data packets on your terminals, as well as an allowed supply list. May the Force be with you.?

hopefully they are not mixed up again

------------------------------------------

Her eyes widen slightly as she reads just who it was that the Jedi was last seen with, and wonders how this applies to Han?s outburst about Jacen during the briefing.

:p Han is a smart man :D

A thud attracts her attention, and she turns to see Noelani standing over two large bags, stuffed to overflowing. Tahiri lifts her eyebrow slightly. ?That?s a lot of stuff.?

[face_laugh]

That she is not to question, or inform, Jacen Solo about this mission.

:rolleyes: I?m sure he knows already!

-------------------------------------------------------------

?Tahiri Veila and her apprentice, Noelani Darklighter.?

?It will be done.?

Sith! ? sorry the bun :p

-------------------------------------------------------

Quickly standing, she walks over to it, and strokes it to life. The leathery ball rolls back onto itself, resolving into the likeness of Ulya?s Master. The infidel who taught her the ways of the Force.

Lumiya.

:eek: Oh!!!

Do I need to worry about Tahiri and Noelani? [face_worried]

~ Mags ~

21. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Maggy
    *walks finally in*
    *waves happily*

he comes right to the point :p
    That's Han!

wa! Did I miss something? :confused: [face_thinking] :confused:
    [face_worried] it's Bloodlines, and I'm fairly certain the Spoiler policy is over for it...I used it as a factoid to pinpoint where in the Timeline that the bulk of the story takes place...if you've not read it, sorry! [face_worried]

Han?s idea sounds not so bad after all ? it would involve 2 points out of three
    [face_laugh] aye that it would...unfortunately, Luke & Co. don't know that...

hopefully they are not mixed up again
    [face_laugh]hopefully...

:p Han is a smart man :D
    people tend to forget that...

"[face_laugh]"
    :cool:

:rolleyes: I?m sure he knows already!
    maybe...

Sith! ? sorry the bun :p
    'tis okay...

:eek: Oh!!!
    :):cool:

Do I need to worry about Tahiri and Noelani? [face_worried]
    ...i dunno? do you? Frankly, I think that might depend on attached you are to the characters....[face_mischief]

22. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Sorry so late...

Oh Jacen...what are you up to...:mad:

I hope Tahiri and Neolani will be okay...I like the inclusion of Lumiya's Yuuzhan Vong apprentice...nice touch. :cool:

Great writing as always...=D=

FL @};-

23. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    *waves back* :D
    aye :D
    no worries! :oops: somehow I ignored the fact that SPOILER BLOODLINES! Boba shot him my memory is often not the best and ... er ... it was obviously not really important for me ;)
    there would be no story otherwise :p
    how dare they? :p ;)
    uh... [face_worried] do I even want to know? ;) [face_worried]

24. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Flowerlady
    Sorry so late...
    it's not a problem....

Oh Jacen...what are you up to...:mad:
    he's running the SIC GAG...

I hope Tahiri and Neolani will be okay...I like the inclusion of Lumiya's Yuuzhan Vong apprentice...nice touch. :cool:
    we'll have to see....and thanks! she makes a useful villianess where i don't have to touch canon characters....

Great writing as always...=D=
    [face_blush] Thanks!!!

Maggy
    no worries! :oops: somehow I ignored the fact that SPOILER BLOODLINES! Boba shot him my memory is often not the best and ... er ... it was obviously not really important for me ;)
    [face_laugh]which is interesting, sine that's one of the few scenes in the book where something happens...

there would be no story otherwise :p
    exactly!

how dare they? :p ;)
    they're gluttons for punishment?

uh... [face_worried] do I even want to know? ;) [face_worried]
    you'll find out :)

as a side note, has everyone noticed the new qualifier for the title? It's there because this is going to be a series, and I'm already writing the second in the set...i'll provide more about that later[face_happy][/color]

25. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    maybe I was to absorbed with Jacen and his lovelyness that I pushed it away :p

I will hope so :p ;) :D

as a side note, has everyone noticed the new qualifier for the title? It's there because this is going to be a series, and I'm already writing the second in the set...i'll provide more about that later[face_happy][/color]

a series? yippiee :D

~ Mags ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.