main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Jedi Adept: Greater Than the Sum of Their Parts *** Complete *** THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I loved the cover art...

Great chapter. I loved the way you showed Neolani's pain. I hope no one but Tahiri makes an apprentice out of soon...

Tahiri is okay!!! Yay...but running straight for trouble...

Waiting for more..

FL @};-

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Jade_eyes
    Thanks for the PM> :D
    my pleasure!

Tahiri's ship sounds terrific. ;) I just hope it's FAST!!!
    :) glad you like it...and it was a smuggler's ship...

Yikes, Noelani!! [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] Wow, I hope she doesn't come out of this all ... shattered mentally, or Sithly. :( :(
    Nice balance in writing the scene with Lumiya and Noelani: intense & heartrending but not grossing me out with the grisly details. [face_laugh] It was just enough to get me to "feel" Noelani's pain. =D=

Thanks!! I worked hard getting that balance (plus ensuring it was TOS-compliant....glad it went over so well....

CassaSoloDaughterOfA
    *shudders* I've met people were literally in Noelani's place of punishment, and it can't be enjoyable knowing your in the hands of a venomous sith lord and that your master whose really your biological mother might be dead.[face_worried]
    nope...it sure can't...

Great Update, Kidan and thanks for the PM.:D
    Thanks!! and my pleasure!

rebel_cheese
    Why does Lumiya always like to kidnap precocious and pretty young women in your fics, Kidan? o_O First Jysella and now Noelani . . .
    [face_laugh] I'd guess it has to do with all the anime's i've watched over the years....

I really hope Noelani doesn't do the golden-eyes thing anytime soon. [face_worried] Please hold on, kid. Your mom's coming and she's angry. Lumiya's about to pay the penalty of messing with an angry mom (even if the angry mom in question doesn't know that's her kid).
    we'll have to see...and yeah...Tahiri's coming....

The Stolen Star better be a fast little ship. I do wish Tahiri had slowed down enough to call for backup . . . but then again considering what you like doing to precocious young women, Kidan, it might be best that Tahiri rushes things.
    [face_laugh] heh....

Great post and thanks for the PM. :)
    thanks! and my pleasure!

Lola64
    Is it possible that Jacen had somehow found out that Noelani is Tahiri's kid and Lumiya is going to use her to reel in a much angrier and deadly Jedi?
    anything's possible....but that seems...unlikely...

It could happen. [face_whistling]
    :Dlike I said...anything's possible...

But even if it doesn't that girl is going to come in fast and firing. If I was Ulya, I wouldn't be anywhere around. Or Lumiya for that matter. I'm just saying.
    [face_laugh]we'll have to see what happens...

Healer_Leona
    Oh wow, I love the coverart. That is beautiful!!
    thanks! I watched the anime it's from a few weeks ago, and it's been sitting around in the back of me head since....especially that particular scene

Oh poor Noelani. :( :( I hope Tahiri can keep her anger under control when she confronts Lumiya.

aye...poor Noelani....and we'll have to see what Tahiri does...[face_mischief]

Alishu06
    She has to be okay!!!! Maybe her father will show uo and save the day?
    there are various levels of 'okay' [face_mischief][face_devil]

DARTH_MU
    Yes! Mwahahahahaha
    Soon the Jedi order will be destroyed and young Noelani will be one of us!

Darth ...

ahem

DArth........

DARth..............

mu

mwahahahahah

Flowerlady
    I loved the cover art...
    it is pretty aint it?

Great chapter. I loved the way you showed Neolani's pain. I hope no one but Tahiri makes an apprentice out of soon...
    thanks! and yeah...noelani did hurt there...

Tahiri is ok

3. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    poor Noelani :8 [face_worried]
    I'm pretty sure Tahiri is going to rescue her :D

"I'm Tahiri Veila, I'm here to rescue you.?

;)

great post

~ Mags ~

4. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Maggy
    poor Noelani :8 [face_worried]
    aye poor Noelani...

I'm pretty sure Tahiri is going to rescue her :D

"I'm Tahiri Veila, I'm here to rescue you.?

o_Oso sure are you?

";)"
    :D

great post
    Thanks!!

5. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Chapter Nine

Tahiri is settled into a deep healing trance, her body working overtime trying to knit the wound in her stomach. But that is a secondary concern to the young Jedi; her focus is outwards, scouring the universe searching for her lost apprentice.

A chiming noise drags her from the trance, and she opens her eyes, to see the timer on the navicomp nearing zero. She reaches forward, and grabs a hold of the levers, and as soon as the timer ends, she pushes forward, and watches as the hyperspace tunnel collapses revealing a wide expanse of stars.

The system appears to be dead, an asteroid hanging a few kilometers off the port bow, dark and deserted. She punches a few buttons on the onboard computer, and it reveals that this system used to be home of a mining complex, one located on that asteroid.

Tahiri frowns, wondering why Jacen would have come here after visiting Lorrd.

Then pain from Noelani blossoms in the Force, a ripping agony which causes Tahiri to hunch over in her seat. The pain lessens and her breathing evens out as she slowly reopens her eyes. Straightening in her seat, she realizes that she has arrived at the right place. Yet she still wonders the relationship between Jacen, this asteroid and the Yuuzhan Vong hunting pack.

?I guess I won?t get any answers out here.?

Applying power to the engines, she heads towards the asteroid, slowly circling it, until she comes to a hanger. She sends a universal query, and the hanger doors slowly unroll. Frowning, she edges forward into the darkened hanger.

The doors close behind her, and lights come up, revealing a Uumufalh gunship nestled off to the side.

She lands, and confidently walks down the ramp. As she reaches the bottom pain erupts in her skull again, and she has to grab onto the ramp strut.

Grimacing, she straightens, and continues walking, entering the abandoned mining complex through the hanger door.

Tahiri slowly searches through the building, trying to find her apprentice, the flickers of pain subsiding.

She pushes open yet another door, gaining entrance to yet another room. This time all the lights are off, and an expectation hangs in the Force. Tahiri slowly pulls her saber from her belt, and steps forward, her free hand reaching out, brushing the wall, searching for a lightswitch.

Her fingers touch the controls, and she quickly jabs them. Dim lights flicker on, and Tahiri finds an empty room. Frowning, she continues through the room, and pulls open the other door.

And her danger sense goes off, allowing her to duck as a thud bug comes flying out of the darkness beyond. Tahiri drops to the ground in a tumble, rolling forward, surprised that the cool tile of the complex has given way to the rough hewn stone of a mine.

She pulls her roll up short, quickly lifting herself into a half-crouch, her stomach screaming from the abuse. She shifts herself behind some rocks, hoping they provide some cover.

Her eyes slowly adjust to the dim light, and she pokes her head out from her barely adequate cover, looking for the Yuuzhan Vong who threw the thud bug.

She spies him, standing just on the far side of the still open doorway, his eyes still light-dazzled.

Grinning, Tahiri gestures with the Force, causing a pebble on the far side of him to shift. The warrior?s response is instantaneous, as he spins towards the sound.

Tahiri comes out from behind her cover, and pushes her body to close the distance between them in seconds. She shoves her saber against his chin and activates it. The resulting snap-hiss echoes loudly in the mine and Tahiri curses.

She shuts the blade down, as the warrior crumples in a lifeless heap. She bends down, checking the warrior for domain marks.

A warrior emerges from the darkness, standing straight and tall in his voondum crab armor. Tahiri recognizes him as the one who stabbed her.

?You?re supposed to be dead, Jeedai.?

Tahiri?s lips twitch. ?Not the first time for that.?

In one smooth motion, she stands, ignites her saber and darts forward, her blad

6. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    :eek: what an evil cliffy!

poor Tahiri :(

awesome post :D

~ Mags ~

7. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I just have to say...

She closes her eyes and smiles brightly as she can feel the cilia of the animal wriggling into the wound, knitting the skin together.

I was going to have lunch until I read that. [face_sick]

Noelani still alive is a good thing. But now Tahiri is going to have the fight of her life.

And then the Force cries out in warning as lightning slams into her. The force of the impact drives her to the ground, crushing her down. Her saber skitters out of her hand, rolling away from her towards a far wall.

She doesn?t even have time to scream.

It's not starting out so good though. Not unexpected with you. Hopefully next chapter you'll pick her back up so she can kick some butt!

8. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    so where did the force lightning originate from?
    Noelani or Du.WuLiYa?

9. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter Kidan!:)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D=
    Tahiri was putting on a kick-Vong-butt clinic until the end there. :D :D :D
    Then the last line ... :eek: Foot, now what? ;)

11. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    Ugh! So Evil! Now I'm really looking back towards Conquest.[face_worried]

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh poor Neolani.

There strapped into an Embrace of Pain is Noelani. Her head is bowed, her long blonde hair is streaked with crimson highlights - dried blood - and is hanging down covering her face, pooling on the stone floor.

Tahiri snarls a curse, and ignites her saber, sending it flying into the Embrace?s brain.

The animal twitches, and Noelani?s pain flares for a second, before the tentacles unravels and drop the young girl to the floor.

I'm so behind on the EU. The Embrace of Pain is an animal? Cool! Er, I men gah! ;)

I have a guess where the Force lightening comes from. o_O

13. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Dang it! Just when Tahiri is about to kick Vongrella's butt there's Force lightning out of nowhere! [face_frustrated] I hate it when that happens.

I too have a guess where the Force lightning came from . . . you were too late for Noelani, Tahiri . . . :_|

Intense chapter! =D= Thanks for the PM.

BTW, what was the anime you pulled the image from and is it any good? Gundam Destiny is a disappointment and I need something else besides Trinity Blood for my anime fix . . .

14. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    DARTH_MU
    so where did the force lightning originate from?
    Noelani or Du.WuLiYa?

o_O Ulya

G__Anakinp
    Great Chapter Kidan!:)
    thanks!

Jade_eyes
    "=D= =D="
    :D:cool:

Tahiri was putting on a kick-Vong-butt clinic until the end there. :D :D :D
    Then the last line ... :eek: Foot, now what? ;)

aye...she was kicking Vong-butt....and that's cause she's Tahiri....right up until she went against the Vong with the Force....

CassaSoloDaughterOfA
    Ugh! So Evil! Now I'm really looking back towards Conquest.[face_worried]
    aye...quite evil...[face_mischief]

Healer_Leona
    Oh poor Neolani.
    aye....poor Noelani...

I'm so behind on the EU. The Embrace of Pain is an animal? Cool! Er, I men gah! ;)
    aye...it's a living thing just like all the Vong's biots...

I have a guess where the Force lightening comes from. o_O
    good! :)

rebel_cheese
    Dang it! Just when Tahiri is about to kick Vongrella's butt there's Force lightning out of nowhere! [face_frustrated] I hate it when that happens.
    aye!

I too have a guess where the Force lightning came from . . . you were too late for Noelani, Tahiri . . . :_|
    now aint that just the most disturbing interpretation of events....

Intense chapter! =D= Thanks for the PM.
    Thanks! and my pleasure!

BTW, what was the anime you pulled the image from and is it any good? Gundam Destiny is a disappointment and I need something else besides Trinity Blood for my anime fix . . .
    it's called Air TV ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_(TV_series) ) and it's currently unlicensed statesside (i found it on youtube)

15. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Ahhhhhh okay hurry and post more!

16. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I love Tahiri in this and this chapter especially even with the evil cliffie...

I like that you have made her heroic, caring, and able to fully use all of her vast knowledge about the Force and the Vong...

Great Chapter and I can't wait to see what happens next...

FL @};-

17. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Alishu06
    Ahhhhhh okay hurry and post more!
    Sunday!!

Flowerlady
    I love Tahiri in this and this chapter especially even with the evil cliffie...
    aye...she was fun to write here...

and so was that cliffie...[face_mischief]

I like that you have made her heroic, caring, and able to fully use all of her vast knowledge about the Force and the Vong...
    and then still get sucker-punched out of left field? But yeah, I get what you're saying...she's showing her true colors as a Jedi here...

Great Chapter and I can't wait to see what happens next...
    Thanks! and we'll find out on Saturday!

18. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Sunday!!

We're going to be waiting until Christmas Eve before we find out who zapped Tahiri?! :eek: Evil, evil, EVILLLLLLLL author. [face_shame_on_you]

we'll find out on Saturday!

Make up your mind! [face_shame_on_you] But please let it be on Saturday . . . [face_praying]

19. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    rebel_cheese
    We're going to be waiting until Christmas Eve before we find out who zapped Tahiri?! :eek: Evil, evil, EVILLLLLLLL author. [face_shame_on_you]
    nope. that was a typo.....BUT sometime on Christmas Eve or Christmas day I'll probably post a teaser for the next fic in this series....

Make up your mind! [face_shame_on_you] But please let it be on Saturday . . . [face_praying]
    I've updated this once a week, every saturday for the past nine weeks....I'm not changing when I do updates now....regardless of what mistakes I type in replies :p

20. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Kidan!

Prologue
    Omigosh! Even after the prologue? I can see where this is going?. You are taking this straight to Darth Kryat, I presume?

Chapter 1
    Okay, after reading chapter One, maybe not. But still?. I love your descriptions of the field and the day and the game and Noelani herself (as viewed by Tahiri). I felt so ? warm. Like sitting outside on a sunny day.

Chapter 2
    Okay?. Just started chapter two?. I am beginning to suspect that Luke KNOWS Noelani?s heritage. GAH! Reading on?.

And that the garage there had an explosion, took out all the most of the spare vaporator parts that Ms. Camie had in storage there.?

GREAT details! This one phrase gives us such an insight into Noelani!

He feels the couch shift again, and looks up at Mara, just in time for her fist to connect with his face. The force of the punch knocks Luke off the couch, and he sprawls to the ground at Mara?s feet.

OMIGOD. GIVE HIM HELL, MARA! [face_screaming_in_primordial_rage]

Chapter 3
    That was simply? precious. *sigh*

Chapter 4
    The gaderfii scene was ..ritualistic? Perhaps that is the word I?m looking for. I enjoyed it immensely. The best part was that it didn?t get TOO heavy before being interrupted by a mistake and laughter. =D=

A Dark Yuuhzie Force user? Kewl. And? Oh! Oh! Oh! You ROCK! Organic lightsaber? I had thought of a version of yorrick when I was planning one for a story of mine (ironically, for Tahiri?s daughter :D) but slug is good! *giggles*

Okay, I have to sleep sometime! I?ll be back, though. I am hooked. Great as always, Kidan!

Zonoma

21. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Zonoma
    Kidan!
    Z!

Prologue
    Omigosh! Even after the prologue? I can see where this is going?. You are taking this straight to Darth Kryat, I presume?

nope!

Chapter 1
    Okay, after reading chapter One, maybe not. But still?. I love your descriptions of the field and the day and the game and Noelani herself (as viewed by Tahiri). I felt so ? warm. Like sitting outside on a sunny day.

heh...thanks! I wanted that feeling of warmth to come through...

Chapter 2
    Okay?. Just started chapter two?. I am beginning to suspect that Luke KNOWS Noelani?s heritage. GAH! Reading on?.

aye...Luke knows...

GREAT details! This one phrase gives us such an insight into Noelani!
    Thanks!!

OMIGOD. GIVE HIM HELL, MARA! [face_screaming_in_primordial_rage]
    aye....someone needs to!

Chapter 3
    That was simply? precious. *sigh*

thanks!

Chapter 4
    The gaderfii scene was ..ritualistic? Perhaps that is the word I?m looking for. I enjoyed it immensely. The best part was that it didn?t get TOO heavy before being interrupted by a mistake and laughter. =D=

well I wanted it that way.....that the training was very much a ritual of the Tusken lifestyle...

A Dark Yuuhzie Force user? Kewl. And? Oh! Oh! Oh! You ROCK! Organic lightsaber? I had thought of a version of yorrick when I was planning one for a story of mine (ironically, for Tahiri?s daughter :D) but slug is good! *giggles*
    yup! A Dark Yuuhzie Force user...and yes an organic lightsaber.....I can't honestly claim credit for that entirely...the concept comes from one of the McEwok's fics...

Okay, I have to sleep sometime! I?ll be back, though. I am hooked. Great as always, Kidan!
    I can understand....can't wait for ya to come back...glad you enjoy it...

22. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Chapter Ten

She hangs in the white. It stretches out as far as she can see in all directions. An endless sea of agony and pain, blistering through her neural pathways, chasing down every bit of sane, sapient thought she has.

In short she is going insane.

That is the only way that Noelani can begin to understand it. That is the only thing that she can believe. After all, the pain is everything now.

The pain of not being good enough to evade capture.

The pain of watching her Master get mortally wounded.

Even the pain of entertaining thoughts of joining her captors.

She would curl up and cry, but the Embrace which holds her, keeps her body pulled taut up off the floor, straining the muscles, trying its best to pull her joints of out socket, grinding her ankles together. The only thing she can do is allow the Embrace to pull and abuse her body, while she hangs helpless within its tentacles.

She would scream, but the pain has long since gone beyond even that simple relief. Now her throat is raw and ragged from when she was able to scream, even dreaming of speaking in anything above a whisper causes imaginary fire to flame within her throat.

Yet all of those things are not the reason she thinks she is going insane. The reason she believes she?s going insane has to deal entirely with the presence that she can sense in the Force. The presence that is slowly growing stronger, closer.

The presence that belongs to her Master.

She hears the thrum of a lightsaber coming closer, and for a second she wonders if her Master is going to kill her. If Tahiri will put her out of her misery, end the pain that she is in.

Then the Embrace twitches, pulling against her body even more, the pain she feels everywhere flares higher and greater.

And then she?s lying on the floor.

The cold stone feels wonderful against the cuts and bruises which adorn her exposed skin. As she rests there, she can feel her body pulling itself back into shape, overstressed muscles loosening, joints firmly reseating themselves into their sockets.

She struggles to stand, lifting her head slightly to see her Master.

Hope flairs in her chest.

She watches as Tahiri rushes Ulya, her blade held low, as her body is hunched slightly. Then the hope flickers away as Force lightning shoots out from Ulya?s outstretched hand slamming into Tahiri.

Noelani watches in horror as Tahiri drops to the ground, her saber rolling away with a metallic clinging sound.

Ulya advances slowly, still pouring the Force lightning into Tahiri?s shuddering frame.

Noelani stands, wondering what she can do. How she can help Tahiri.

She reaches for the Force, and feels its warm embrace. She can hear a warm, masculine voice in her head. Attack. Save her.

Noelani doesn?t hesitate.

She dashes forward, interposing herself between Tahiri and Ulya, sticking her hand into the path of the lightning, grabbing hold of it. Agony sweeps up her arm, and Noelani grits her teeth. She focuses on the lightning, on how it feels in the Force, focuses on the Force itself.

And with a snarl, turns it back towards Ulya, redirecting the unnatural energies back towards their source. The blue-white lightning slams into Ulya, scribing dark lines over her armor, wrapping around her, striking her nose and face repeatedly.

In the Force Noelani can feel Ulya?s pain, then she smiles and without meaning to speaks, ?This is for hurting Tahiri!?

The lightning stops with a backlash of telekinetic energy which flings both Noelani and Ulya away from one another.

Ulya sits up from the floor, and snarls something in Yuuzhan Vong. The three warriors stand, their amphistaffs uncurling in their hands.

Noelani glances around, and sees Tahiri?s lightsaber. She calls it to hand, feeling the comfortable weight of the hilt, then presses the activator, smiling at the beam of bluish-white light which spills from the emitter.

She can still feel the Force flowing all around her, purer and cleaner than she had ever felt it before. More accessible than she had

23. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    awesome =D=

breathtaking chapter
    like how Neolani shows what it means to be the daughter of Tahiri and Anakin :D

wish you a Merry Christmas
    might it be filled with joy and peace :)

~ Mags ~

24. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter:)

Poor Noelani:(

25. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Go Noelani !! =D=

Horror sets in and bile fills her throat as she absently starts saying a simple mantra, repeating the phrase over and over again: ?Please don?t be dead.?

Noelani must be a reader of yours as well. :p

Her hesitant fingers reach out and press against Tahiri?s throat and she feels the steady but weak pulse. Letting out a sob of relief, Noelani lays her head against Tahiri?s chest and just cries.

Yes, she's not dead.[face_dancing]

Hopefully Tahiri will wake up and they can find their way off this rock. But it's not going to be so easy I'm sure. Will keep fingers crossed for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.