main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Jedi Belts.

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Amidala_wannabe, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm in the process of making my belt now.. but I have not been able to find any references to DIY pouches. I know this has already been asked on this thread.. but does anyone have a link for a tutorial on making the leather jedi pouches? Please?

2. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Yeah. Are there any tutorials for the pouches?

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    For accurate or simple ones?

Simple ones you can make with rather easy to follow instructions found on the Boba Fett pouch instructions. And just alter them :)

Personally I am buying mine :)

4. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    There's a guy in SD who makes really nice pouches for $70. I plan on buying mine as soon as I have the extra $$. I figure that would be easier than trying to make my own and probably have them come out junky looking.

5. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    It would be great if I could find some low priced replicas. The complete replica belt and pouches that I have found so far cost a total of $210 plus $10 S&H.

6. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Mines costing 145US. I'm guessing you are dealing with MP.

Resin pouches too?

Heres the leather ones:

[image=http://www.twohy.com/ja/monjas/pouches.jpg]

They aren't 100% replicas, however they are study and won't shatter on you :)

If you want his contact, he also makes Anakin belts and if you ask JediToren, Chewie bandoliers :)

-Justin

7. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    They look nice. I use mine. My only problem, no cameras are the right size to fit into the big fat pouch.:) Maybe a digi-cam, but I can't get a digi yet.

8. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I was given a link, but I can't get to their site. It says that the site is either unavailable or has been removed.

9. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I've heard of people having pouches custom made specifically to fit the camera they wanted to carry with them. :)
    As for cheap solutions...
    remember, there actually are a LOT of variations on the Jedi belts. In Episode I, every member of the Jedi council had a different sort of belt. So, don't feel that you're limited to just one particular design for your belt. If you've found a cheap, wide leather belt at Target, use it! I've seen people buy those and use them as is, and they look fine! I've also seen someone convert one into a movie style Jedi belt and it looked great! :)
    As for pouches, a lot of people check eBay and surplus stores for old surplus ammo pouches. They look authentic for the Star Wars universe, they hold a decent amount of essential gear in them, and they're usually quite cheap compared to $70 for a set of "movie authentic" pouches. :)
    Just some thoughts that might help. If anyone's interested, I can post pics of my Jedi belt and pouches. :)

10. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Okay, so there's some inexpensive options.
    Now, if you're like me and you have money to spend on a quality belt and pouches but want something unique, something a little different from the "generic" Jedi belt, something that will add some individualism to your costume, you can just do what I did:
    Check with various online Renaissance costumers to see what belts and pouches they have available. Most will offer at least 1 or 2 wide medieval style belts that are perfect for a Jedi costume. :)
    And that's what I did:
    I bought a belt and a couple pouches from a Renaissance costumer. Looks appropriate for a Jedi costume and at the same time gives a little unique touch to the costume. :)
    Again, I'll post pics if anyone's interested.

11. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    I got my pouches back from the guy who's making Primrodo's.:D he did an amazing job, they look great.

I had a slight problem with them bleeding onto my garments and this sweet guy, took 'em back, redyed them and mailed 'em back. He didn't charge me either. He even made a wide strap for the large pouch instead of the 2 narrow ones.

He's getting better with getting 'em movie accurate. They look as close as you'er gonna get, and are functional. If some joker has his nose near your pouch commenting how inaccurate they are, that's TOO close. :) He'd be swallowing my saber hilt.

I did put a couple of light coats "Leather Sheen" spray on them to set the dye.(I waited an hour between coats, You don't need to wait that long, but I wanted to be safe, sicne it's VERY humid here.) Just in case. :)

12. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I got mine about a year ago from PM in SD and they have worked very well.

For larger items, such as a digital camera, notebook, etc that I carry around at Cons, I carry either a larger leather or canvas bag. I figure the Jedi have to carry something when they travel!

13. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Definatly so. We can't fit all our stuff in those iddy biddiy pouches. :D Although a 35 mm camera can be a tight fit in the big pouch. LOL! Digis'll get small enough to fit in there, I think I'll wait.

14. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    You know, there is an option that might be worth considering if you need more carrying capacity:
    RenStore.Com carries a classic medieval robe called a Traveler's Robe...
    which just happens to look remarkably similar to another robe we're all familiar with...
    at any rate, it has "hidden" on-seam pockets to give you some extra places to put your gear. :)
    As for the camera...
    I'm going to try to find a leather or imitation leather camera pouch the right size to carry my digital camera, and just put that on my Jedi belt. :)

15. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Here are some pics of MY Jedi belt:
    Click on a picture to see it full sized
    Front

[image=http://images.fotki.com/v11/photos/4/42811/150029/Jack1-vi.jpg]
    Back (showing off the pouches)
    [image=http://images.fotki.com/v11/photos/4/42811/150029/Jack2-vi.jpg]
    A better view of the pouches
    [image=http://images.fotki.com/v10/photos/4/42811/150029/Jack3-vi.jpg]
    A better look at the buckle and my $2 Wal*Mart saber hook
    [image=http://images.fotki.com/v10/photos/4/42811/150029/Jack4-vi.jpg]
    Some more info:
    The belt and 2 large pouches are from an online Renaissance costumer who shall remain nameless and linkless, for obvious reasons. The belt is the current version of what they call a Brigand's Belt. While quite similar to the belts we see the Jedi wear in the prequels, it is a true medieval style belt. As you can tell from the pics, it actually buckles and closes in the FRONT, which makes it MUCH easier to put it on. It ran $70. :)
    The 2 large pouches are the standard leather pouch that they sell. They were $20 each.
    The taller, narrower pouch is a leather cell phone pouch from Wilson's Leather. It's my "Jedi comlink pouch"! ;)
    It's normally $20 but I got it on sale for $10.
    All are in black leather, since I'm one of those weirdos that can't stand the look of brown leather! :p
    The saber hook is just a $2 steel belt hook you should be able to find at any Wal*Mart. :)
    If anyone wants to know where to buy one, you may PM me and I might PM you back with the link. ;)

16. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Jack,
    that is a very good belt.:) Great job. :)
    I agree with your signature whole heartedly.:)

17. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Originally posted by Jauhzmynn:
    Jack,
    that is a very good belt.:) Great job. :)

Thanks! But I can only take credit for picking it out, specifying the measurements, and paying for it. The fine craftspeople at "Company X"* did all the actual work! ;)
    I agree with your signature whole heartedly.:)
    Ah, another person who's discovered the magic of a Parks Saber! Yay! :D
    Yeah, I've handled a number of different saber props (mostly from my girlfriend's collection and from my own) and of them all, the Parks was definitely the best. Just waiting for his site update and 2003 product line before I place an order. That's supposed to happen later this month and good things are said to be on the way! :D

*As mentioned before, I cannot name "Company X" on the boards for reasons that will be obvious to anyone who's read the Forum FAQ on this board. But if you want to know where to buy one of these belts, click the Private Messages command above and drop me a line! :)

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Bumping up for interest.

19. Amanita

Amanita Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    I'll repost this here for anyone who's interested. A good and affordable source for the inner belt of the Jedi kit is Aldo shoes. I got two belts there, one black and one brown, going for $25 cdn. One was on sale for $15, which was even better. They're about 1.25" wide, with three different styles of belt buckle, all of which would look great with a Jedi kit. Or perhaps black would also be suited to Sith:)

Anyhow, I found their website:
    www.aldoshoes.com

20. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    hi, this is my first post in Costuming and Props. I have been wanting to do Anakin's Jedi costume about 6 months before episode 2 came out. But ofcourse no one would know that Episode 2 was even coming out at that time, (Unless they are Fanatic freaks like me ;) ) Anyways, I took the robe I had from a couple years ago, (Iranicly it didnt fit me then but it does now) and I took a brown t-shirt, put it on under my Karate Gi and put on the robe. For now I am using a piece of cloth for the costume but I want to make a belt. So far I have plans like so

long belt, from left to right-> food Pouch, that thing that lets you breath underwater, medeclorian tester, comlink pouch and a clip for my saber. i am thinking of taking a long piece of lether for the base of the belt. for the pouches just sew them to the belt and put bristle board inside it to keep it 3D and inplace instead of flopping down, I mean its Halloween is only one night right?

Tell me what you think

ps: Its anakins costume from the end of episode 6. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.