main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Jedi Costume Needed!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Obi-HaCoR, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-HaCoR

Obi-HaCoR Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2002
    Hey guys! Long time no see. I have been busy with work and school lately (just started back this January) so I have been kept extremly busy. :(

Well, as you all know Celebration 3 is still a little while away but I wanted to get ready early for it. My friend is trying to get me to dress up for the convention, seeing as how she will be in her Jedi outfit.

Personally I am looking to find someone to make me a Jedi costume, possibly simmilar to Anakin Skywalkers if at all possible. If not, then a simple Jedi Costume (Obi Wan Kenobi's, minus the robe) would be awesome! I know it's still early, but I rather get it done sometime soon then last minute if you all know what I mean. If you could help me find someone that can put costumes together that would be more then great. Please reply to the post or just put a link to where I could get one custom made for myself.

I live in the Lake Dallas/Denton area so I am not too far away from the DFW area at all. Get back to me please :) When is the next meeting by the way?? I would love to join up with all of you again. It's been too long. Nearly a year.

2. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Well, I've never made a SW costume before, but I am semi-professional seamstress. (Read that, self-employed ;) ) I've done some costuming for local theaters and have sewn for myself and others for years. PM me if interested.

inez

EDIT: I'm in Richardson.

3. Ahhnuld

Ahhnuld Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2002
    Are you in need of a lightsaber? Depending on what you are looking for in style, I might be of assistance.
    The SaberWorks Website

4. LebaDraddog

LebaDraddog Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    I may be biased, but as the first Saberworks saber customer, let me say that his sabers are top-notch, and coming soon to a Jedi near YOU! Do yourself a favor and bookmark his site.

5. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks for the offer as far as Lightsabers go, but think I am good to go with that part. Seeing as how I have a Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber already, that I paid $199 for from Star Wars Stuff .

The last time I went to a DFW meeting (last July) there was a married couple there that made thier own Star Wars outfit. I don't remember thier names exactly, but I talked to them once or twice before. I am actually looking for them to see if they are still here because I would really like for them do do it. If not, then I will settle for anyone that can do an awesome job at making me a near authentic Anakin Skywaler outfit (Episode II).

6. Ahhnuld

Ahhnuld Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2002
    Very nice on the saber, Obi. Parks does some nice work.

7. LebaDraddog

LebaDraddog Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    Yeah, I almost bought a Parks - only thing wrong with Parks is no sound module.

And I bet you're referring to Tamara and Todd Carlton, otherwise known as "MasterMouse" and "Super_Collector".

Or, try over at RebelLegion.com forums, under "Rebel Rumblings." Calixte is one that has recently posted as a seamstress looking for work. Another forum on Rebel Legion to look in is "Jedi."

8. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    Tamara and Todd Carlton

Yes!! I believe that is them. Is Todd the one with the MASSIVE!! Star Wars collection that I hear so much about??? :D If so, that is definitly the couple :)

Does anyone have thier information or have a way of having them contacting me or simply posting here for me so I can get something going with them??? if not, thats okay, as long as there is a place I can get an amazing outfit.

Ahhnuld : Thanks man! It was definitly a great investment. I practice outside with it at night at least twice a week. It's great man!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.