main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Jedi Fallen Order 2 Leaks

Discussion in 'Literature' started by fett 4, Feb 7, 2021.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Haven't seen this posted anywhere else and it might not even be true as leak is from a poster calling themselves, fat potato (I wish there was a potato emoji :_|) and I have no idea if they've been debunked and even if none are true its fun to speculatec:) But this video covers all the points and does say that some do make sense.

Side note I really like Fallen Order and I've completed it on Grand Master Level :)
    Basically its was Rebels done properly. Essentially Kal and Kanan are pretty much the same character but the video game was more interesting. The Inquisitors weren't just a joke for 1 thing and it the real dark times feel. That they were actuallu hunted as opposed to Ezra and co wiping out Imperials like its nothing.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    Vialco and MrDarth0 like this.
  2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Actually, Cal and Kanan are very different characters. I've written several essays on their major character differences and how the radically different teaching styles of their respective Masters contributed to their different worldviews.

Jaro Tapal was a hard taskmaster and a dedicated warrior. He trusted in the Jedi Council completely and was a believer in the necessity of the Clone Wars. He passed that all to Cal, who, 5 years after the Purge, still believes in the fight and the cause. He's willing to jump right back into the fray and has never lost his faith in the Jedi.

Caleb Dume, by contrast, lost his way entirely for a time. He struggled and stumbled and was extremely averse to the idea of entering another conflict. Much of this attributed to his natural curiosity and Depa Billaba's antipathy to the Clone Wars. Caleb's Master had limited trust in the Jedi Council, whereas Jaro Tapal trusted them completely.

This difference in teaching styles is what leads to Cal and Kanan taking very different journeys.

I'm more of a fan of Cal, to be honest. His idealism and dedication are something I can relate to. His faith was never truly shaken.

Kanan lost his way for a long time, and his reluctance and ambivalence were something I disliked.

3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Fair enough :)
    Though Cal did hide out on a Scrapyard for 5 years and as the game is him relearning his Jedi Skills I would argue that his faith was shaken :-B He only really went along with Cere quest cause he had no choice, he didn't start it.
    BTW Was the Ventnor wreck sequence originally going to be part of the main story ? . It seems to big for just a side quest and has obvious character development and the obvious comparison with Cal, yet it is just a side quest. You can't even get there until you get the double jump, which you only get late in the game ???

Vialco and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm always sceptical of these kind of vids, there's always someone claiming something.

We know it's being worked on.

Vialco likes this.
  5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You're right it could all be fake but its still fun to speculate and some of these rumours do make sense :)
    Bringing Darth Maul I'm sure would be a likrly thing particularly with Merrin. As for using characters from BF2 though, it could just be then using the same voice actors

Jedi Knight Fett and Jedi Ben like this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably they return to Dathomir for some Zeffo and Nightsister reason and fight a free Taron Malicos and Maul kills him as he retakes Dathomir.

The 8th Brother was a joke, the video makes him out like he's some sorta heavy,lol. The Inquisitors where on Malachor because Sidious sensed that was the place to be and sent them there to capture the Jedi along with Vader. The 8th Brother was simply an advanced scout. Maul never made any attempts to kill that Inquisitor since he wanted Ezra and the Battle Station and needed someone else to enter the Sith Temple since that was the way it was designed. So he had to wait around. He simply remained elusive shadow amongst the ruins, and hence the Shadow.

Things would be different for this game for a few reasons, namely the trio of Force wielders(Kal, Cere and Merrin) are quite competent and already by the end of the first game. Successfully defeated the Inquisitors and by working together they managed to escape Vader. Cere even managing to begin to gain equal Force footing against the Sith Lord. Kal was just beginning to enter his full potential stage, he was not quite there yet. Cere as she stays on the Jedi path would be also quite exceptional Force wielder. Merrin nears Mother Talzin level powers and abilities.

The 9th Sister is not dead, so likely she'd be back again to get finished off as a boss fight.

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    As mentioned in the video, Inferno Squadron doesn't come into the picture until after ANH (Admiral Gerrick Versio founds the unit with the explicit purpose to exact revenge against the Rebellion for destroying the Death Star), so yeah this "leak" is probably garbage.

It would be cool however if they link the campaigns and do a timeskip where Inferno is with the New Republic and Iden and Del go searching for Cal and Cere like how Sabine and Ahsoka go after Ezra. There's a huge chunk of the timeline in there to explore and Del falls in line with the likes of Lor San Tekka before meeting the same demise, so him searching for more Jedi lines up pretty well with his character.

8. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Oh well, I happen to find the Eighth Brother not only an excellent choice for an antagonist of the second game, but pretty much my first candidate for an already known Inquisitor to get more development. That part of the rumor works perfectly, I think, and I would love to see the Grand Inquisitor as well.

Its the one about Inferno Squadron that I find more difficult to make sense of...

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Christ, the Inquisitor naming scheme blows.

Imagine the glory of ADALRIC CESSIUS BRANDL being reduced to "Nth Brother".

[​IMG]

Second Sister was a great character who deserved a correspondingly good name, dammit! Down with this kind of thing.

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Trilla was a name :p

Doesn't the 8th Brother die like Punk in Rebels after flying around on his Helisaber [face_plain]

They could just be using the same voice actors from Inferno Squad and nothing more ?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    And she deserved to be addressed by it! Inquisitor Trilla Suduri >>> Second Sister.

12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    One thing I do wonder with all the Inquisitors being ex Jedi and the Grand Inquisitor being an ex Temple Guard. Why the hell was Anakin/Vader killing children and not these guys. You'd think from Palps perspective that turning children into bad guys would be a lot easier and safer than fully trained or mostly trained Jedi :confused:

13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yes, but not as sadistic.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I dunno Child soldiers can be made to be like that especially if that's all they know.

Game question for all:
    In the 1st Game as it progresses Cal relearns his Jedi powers, so you they player get more moves as it goes along. Now for the sequel should they do the same with more powers and if so what powers can he learn?

Jedi Knight Fett and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    True, but it's Sidious, breaking an adult is harder but more satisfying and he can get creative.

For the sequel, they need to avoid doing the standard power reset just about every sequel does.

fett 4 likes this.
  16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Thats what I'm afraid off. That they press the reset button

17. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Sure enough, but I don't see a problem with him fleeing from a former Sith, a former Jedi prodigy AND a pretty decent knight. Surely he would be considered cooler if he had absolutely destroyed every single one of them in seconds and then knelt before Vader and said "its done, my master" in a rather cool way, but I suspect that wasn't the story the writers were trying to tell, haha.

About the names, cannot agree enough. Years pass and I'm still struggling with the idea that these guys are named after their rank. Sure, Stormtroopers lost their name too, but if we have a Needa, an Ozzel and a Thrawn, I cannot see why we couldn't have a Jerec or a Tremayne!

18. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Well, the process of turning the Inquisitors is pretty brutal and dehumanizing (er, de-sentient-izing?) and the game makes that pretty clear. I think it's also implicit that the lack of names is to stop them from bonding with each other, which led to some rough fates for those who did in the Vader comic... whereas past that they seem basically competitive at best and totally willing to sabotage each other at times.

Shamear and Jedi Ben like this.
  19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    He's also bested by a droid "arghh filthy droid"

20. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    [face_laugh] True enough.

That he is involved if Maul is too makes sense, but isn't it a little weird that this happens more than a decade before Malachor? Either Eighth Brother is obsessed with Maul (like a hobby) or Vader has an absolutely unusual amount of patience with him!

21. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I'm pretty sure he killed plenty of temple guards, too. "Anakin killing everyone in the Jedi Temple" probably has enough material to be its own trilogy of films.

22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Inquisitor naming system is about as close as them getting a Sith name as they can get to. They get new identities and disassociated themselves from their former previous identities as Jedi.

Once Stormtroopers move up on the ranks they can use their real name. Its not quite the same thing. And not all Imperials are like Stormtroopers, Tie Pilots and even Imperial cadets used their real names or were given names(like Han Solo).

First Order Stormtrooper stuff is different since the FO's program inspiration largely came from Project Harvester, the Clone Troopers and Jedi Order, taking away or enslaving or raising and training young children into soldiers/warriors and stripping them of individuality and all of that kinda thing.

23. JediAvatar

JediAvatar Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 11, 2020
    Cal Kestis is Snoke.

24. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Actually I wouldn't mind if they bring back the position of High Inquisitors into canon again. Have it where if a Inquisitor gets the position of High Inquisitor they can go by their name rather than rank. So a character like Jerec or Treymayne could become recanonized with out having to go by First Brother or Second Brother.

Hell that could be what Sixth Brother ment in the Ashoka novel when he mention wanting a promotion after hunting Ashoka.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CernStormrunner likes this.
  25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Jedi Fallen Order 2 are looking to hire a writer