main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Go Home (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Sep 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Already I sense a foreboding. Great post Jane!

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Very good post, Jane!!!

3. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I found it!! Very cool. Poor Qui-gon! His apprentice is always going missing for one reason or another.

4. Rosemary

Rosemary Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2000
    Yep that's true. Maybe Qui-Gon should invent Obi radar? ';'

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    And now the angst begins.

Obi-Wan's gone missing and now Qui-Gon has to delay his search and start negotiations.

I suppose by the time he finds Obi that the young man will feel a great sympathy for the Theosnens and their cause.

6. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Obi radar!!! LOL!

7. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Obi-radar...hmmm...then we would all be running around with those radar guns, trying to catch him! heehee...uh...yeah. Great post, Jane! I can feel the angst starting to grow...

aa :D

8. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    LOL Rosemary!!!

Awesome story so far, Jane Jinn!! The angst looks promising! (heheh, aren't we so mean?) ;) :D I'm looking forward to more!

9. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    I must agree with Camility Jinn...I just want to rush the boys and hug them **looks at the evil stares from the other girl Jedi fans**

Hehe, but uh everyone else can hug them too!

post soon!

10. Jedi McGregor's girl

Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 1999
    More! More! I need MORE!!

11. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Hi Jane glad to see you started another story. I take it we get to see Obi torture.

12. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    OOOOOOH!

I've been looking forward to a new Jane Jinn Story for ages now!

Jane! This is excellent! The angst had begun.

BTW Rosemary, I love the idea of an Obi Radar. But what model? Like Koala and other wild animal tracking devices using an ear tag? Or like a turtle with a big black box device on their back?

13. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Looking for a post...

14. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Exercise your Jedi patience, people. This is a long story. There will be some torture, but much later. Hopefully, it will be enough to satisfy you rabid fans!

"Wouldn't he be better off in hospital?"The voice was female, vaguely familiar, but not Rixi.

"He?s fine where he is, he just needs a little rest. All the medical help on Theosne can?t cure amnesia, anyway, so there?s no point in taking him there and attracting unnecessary attention.?

Ben opened his eyes and glanced around. Dr. Maethum was there in the room, and with him a middle-aged woman with brown hair, not yet starting to go grey, cut short at ear level. They were looking at each other and didn?t seem to notice him.

"You shouldn?t have brought him here. We don?t know anything about him. What if he gets up in the middle of the night and murders us all in our beds??

"Bedec, don?t. He?s a nice boy.?

"How do you know??

"I know. I have that feeling that it will be all right, that I?m doing the right thing.?

The woman was silent for a moment.

"You trust my feelings, don?t you, Bedec? Remember that I had the feeling we should get married? And when Rixi was born, that she would survive? And all the other feelings I?ve had during the years??

"Yes,?the woman admitted, still reluctant, but rapidly weakening.

"Well, trust me now, then. Ben will not murder us in our beds. He is a nice boy. He might have done one or two things that the Getters would consider bad, that?s all.?

"You think he?s a fugitive, don?t you??

"Darling, why else would he be running around in his underwear after curfew? He?s just lucky that I was the one who almost ran him over, and not the Getters. He?d be in prison before you could say ?innocent? and we both know what that?s like, don?t we??

The woman glanced over at Ben and froze just long enough for Dr. Maethum to realise that something was wrong. Turning slightly, he looked at Ben as well, and smiled.?Hello. How are you feeling??

"Better,?he replied, sitting up.?Dr. Maethum, you think I?m a fugitive??

The woman frowned and said,?I?d better get started on lunch.?

When she was gone, Dr. Maethum asked,?So you remember me??

"Yes, you and Rixi, but not her, I?m afraid.?

"That?s my wife Bedec.?

"Oh.?

"And in answer to your question, I can?t think of any other reason for you to be wandering the streets in the middle of the night, dressed only in a pair of boxers, unless you were visiting your girlfriend and her father kicked you out. In any case, I had the feeling that you were running away from something or somebody, so I brought you in here as fast as I could, before the Getters got you.?

"I don?t think I did anything wrong...?

"Sometimes, it?s enough to look sideways at a Getter, let alone act suspicious,?Dr. Maethum sighed.

"A Getter??

"Don?t you remember? We?re occupied by the Get-tro-wens. We call them Getters for short. They ?get? the best part of Theosne.?

"Oh.?

"It would be better for you to lie low for a while, especially if you can?t remember what?s what. Getters don?t like it if you act too stupid, and they?d never believe you had amnesia. If anybody?s looking for you, we?ll soon hear about it. I?ve got a friend at the police station who can give me information on the sly.?

For the first time, Ben began to wonder if anybody was missing him, and who they might be. A father, a mother, a girlfriend? Then there was a slight knock at the door and Rixi came in, holding a bulging cloth bag.?Old Lady Geard said we could have these. They should be about your size, Ben.?

"How many times have I told you not to call her that??Dr. Maethum asked.

"Obviously not often enough,?Rixi replied, then released the clothing from the confines of the bag and spread it out on a nearby chair.?Trousers, shirts, pullovers, socks, underwear, even a pair of shoes.?

"Thank you,?Ben said.

"Was she very upset??Dr. Maethum asked.

"No, not really. I think she was happy to find some use for it after all this time,?Rixi said.?We can get mor

15. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    If Obi's not careful, Rixi is gonna talk his ears off. Can't wait to see him try and ride a bicylce! Oh, and what *was* the boy doing running around in only his underwear?! You are gonna tell us, right? Hee hee, I would have loved to see that....
    Ahem. I love this story! Can't wait for more! :)

16. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    So Jane boxers or briefs???

Now you've got me wondering whats up with this planet.

17. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Loving this Jane!

Please give us more soon!

18. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    hmmm...obi running around only in boxers? <smiles> now theres a picture I'd like to have on my wall!!

Keep it up Jane!!

:)

19. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Definitly boxers.

MORE JANE!

Kithera

20. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    My vote is for the boxers!! (big grin)

This is an interesting planet. It's Earth, but not.

21. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Great story Jane. Glad to see you finally came out with a new one!

22. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Four days later, Ben had settled into the Maethum household so well that he was now considered part of the family. That very morning, Mrs. Maethum had even suggested that Ben refer to them as Uncle Fulk and Aunt Bedec, and he had accepted. He had also recovered sufficiently to walk with Rixi to Mrs. Geard?s and get not only the remaining clothes, but also the bicycle to transport them with. He couldn?t believe that he?d forgotten what such a thing was, let alone how to ride it, but had soon picked it up again, only falling over once or twice. Now it was Dr. Maethum?s evening off, and he was preparing to take Ben down to the pub to meet some friends, as he said.

"Can I come??Rixi asked, pleading in her impish way.

"Certainly not,?replied Dr. Maethum evenly,?and stop twisting your hair. You?ll stunt its growth.?

"Maybe I don?t want it any longer, and why can?t I come??

"Because you are not old enough.?

"I?m sixteen, dad! I?ll be seventeen soon!?

"As I was saying...?

"But I don?t have to drink. I mean, I could just have lemonade or something.?

"No, Rixi.?

"You never let me have any fun,?the girl pouted.?It?s a roaring wonder that you allow me to leave the house for school, let alone bicycle over to the ice cream shop in broad daylight!?

"I don?t want you to run into a Getter patrol and get sent to prison, Rixi.?

"What if Ben runs into one??

"We?ll take that chance,?Dr. Maethum said.?Come on, Ben, time to go.?

When they were outside, walking along in the cool evening air, he said,?Normally, I wouldn?t be taking you, either, Ben, but we have to risk it. If we can?t find out who you are, then you?ll need an identity disc, and I know someone who can arrange it.?

"I appreciate it,?said Ben.?I know you?re taking a risk for me.?

"Well, it?s not the only risk I?ve ever taken in my life. You really should cut off that braid, you know. It?s horrendously conspicuous.?

"All right,?Ben shrugged.

"I don?t want you drinking anything, either, by the way. Stick to lemonade.?

"If you say so, Uncle Fulk,?Ben sighed.

"I do. You don?t know how alcohol will affect your head injury.?

"I thought you said it was pretty much healed. I don?t even have a headache anymore.?

"Don?t take chances. If you can?t handle your alcohol and you get drunk, you?re ten times as likely to attract attention, especially Getter attention. Don?t do it.?

"All right.?

The pub was several streets away. Ben found himself wondering why they had not taken the car, but he looked around as they walked, and realised that there weren?t any other cars on the street. Everybody was either on foot or on bicycle. Apparantly, being a doctor had certain advantages. He also found himself watching for Getter patrols, but there were none, and they entered the pub unmolested.

"A pint for me, and a lemonade for him, please,?said Dr. Maethum after they?d worked their way to the bar.

As the bartender filled the glasses, Dr. Maethum glanced around the room and nodded to several acquaintances. Ben also had the idea that he was looking for Getters, because he turned back to the bar with an almost imperceptible sigh of relief and asked,?Have you seen Wylan this evening??

"In the corner,?said the man, jerking his head as he placed the glasses on the bar.

"Cheers,?said Dr. Maethum.

"Cheers,?Ben said, tipping his glass and drinking deeply in exactly the same way. The colourless liquid was sweet and bubbly.

"Come on.?Dr. Maethum took his glass and walked to the indicated corner, Ben following a step behind and to the right of him. Three men were sitting at a table and looked to be in earnest discussion until one of them looked up and caught sight of the doctor.

"Fulk, you old sock!?

"Wylan,?Dr. Maethum smiled.?Gentlemen.?

"How many did you kill to-day??one of the other men asked.

"None. It wasn?t worth the bother, they didn?t have anything to steal.?Ben recognised that it was a harmless ritual greeting and smiled as Dr. Maethum laid a hand on his shoulder.?Wylan, I wanted to ask i

23. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I love it Jane!

Especially how everyone at the bar is Anti-Jedi because they thing the Jedi are helping the Getters. And the last line! WOW! I wonder what they think he's done.

Give us more Jane!! Please!

24. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    "whats a Jedi?"

oh Obi, what are we going to do with you. He's gonna be scared out of his mind when Qui comes for him after all those lines, let alone the thought of what he had to have done to get a Jedi after him...

always ready for more!

25. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Now just how in the heck did I miss a new Jane Jinn story???? Oh well I have found it now and am I ever happy that I did!!!!!

Those men at the pub have some very strange ideas about the Jedi, eating babies, very funny! They are going to scare the daylights out of Obi filling his head with all that nonsense. This is only going to make it harder for Qui-Gon when he finally finds the young man!

Hope we get more soon Jane, this is a winner!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.